Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Remove carrier check does much more than just removing the carrier apps. It is not something to be used on a whim.

I would suggest just ignoring the apps, unless you know exactly what you are doing.

-- Rod
    Thanks again, Rod!

I knew the carrier check removal did more than just removing the apps but I thought I tried anyway.

Again, thanks for the great work!
    Im in the UK and would love to get hold of a Veer, the price in the UK is a bit much so im thinking about one off ebay from the US, most likely an AT&T one as they all seem to be 8Gb.

So my question is, can i use the process here in to install an EU image onto the device, Id love to understand this prior to shelling out the cash for the phone.

Also does anyone know if webOS 2.2/3 is ever likely to make it onto the Veer ?

Thanks.

Jason...
    Quote Originally Posted by suttonj1 View Post
    Im in the UK and would love to get hold of a Veer, the price in the UK is a bit much so im thinking about one off ebay from the US, most likely an AT&T one as they all seem to be 8Gb.

So my question is, can i use the process here in to install an EU image onto the device, Id love to understand this prior to shelling out the cash for the phone.

Also does anyone know if webOS 2.2/3 is ever likely to make it onto the Veer ?

Thanks.

Jason...
    I have tried installing the EU OS into my AT&T Veer without success. Even after using the "REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK" the meta'd webos doctor choked and told me the phone wasn't supported.
    Error @ step 9 -

Code:
    subhayan@subhayan-VirtualBox:~/meta-doctor$ make unpack patch pack
    rm -rf build/pixiplus-p121eww-att-1.4.5
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121eww-att-1.4.5
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp121ewwatt-1.4.5.jar build/pixiplus-p121eww-att-1.4.5/webosdoctorp121ewwatt-1.4.5.jar
    ( cd build/pixiplus-p121eww-att-1.4.5 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp121ewwatt-1.4.5.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    			resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    [webosdoctorp121ewwatt-1.4.5.jar]
      End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
      a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
      latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
      the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of webosdoctorp121ewwatt-1.4.5.jar or
            webosdoctorp121ewwatt-1.4.5.jar.zip, and cannot find webosdoctorp121ewwatt-1.4.5.jar.ZIP, period.
    make: *** [build/pixiplus-p121eww-att-1.4.5/.unpacked] Error 9
    My Renamed Web Doctor - webosdoctorp121ewwatt-1.4.5.jar
    its in home\meta-doctor\downloads\

and My Makefile

Code:
    BYPASS_ACTIVATION     = 1
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP  = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    # AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE  = 1
    # ENABLE_BETA_FEEDS     = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE  = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK    = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK  = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE  = z
    # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS    = 1
    # VAR_PARTITION_SIZE    = 2GB
    # SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE   = 512MB
    # EXT3FS_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi", "pixiplus", "pre2", "pre3", "veer" or "touch$
    DEVICE = pixiplus

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel", "att" or "wifi".
    CARRIER = att
    Last edited by stonecaper; 09/28/2011 at 09:04 PM.
    You have a corrupt download. Check the MD5SUM from our webos doctor versions wiki page to confirm.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I normally don't have any trouble finding this stuff, but can anyone tell me, is it possible / advisable to metaDr an At&t Veer with the EU Dr? I've seen passing references to it, but no definitive yes or no / guide?

I would largely like to do it to remove a lot of the carrier specific stuff, and figured this would be the best way to do it.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    I normally don't have any trouble finding this stuff, but can anyone tell me, is it possible / advisable to metaDr an At&t Veer with the EU Dr? I've seen passing references to it, but no definitive yes or no / guide?

I would largely like to do it to remove a lot of the carrier specific stuff, and figured this would be the best way to do it.
    Do you really want to go from 2.1.2 back to 2.1.1 ?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Ohhh hadn't considered that will leave it alone and just enjoy this little bundle ...
    Thx as always.

edit: hate that splash screen!!
    Last edited by dbmgreen; 09/29/2011 at 11:35 PM.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

With thanks to the incomparable Rod Whitby, I was able to "downgrade" my 2.1.2 AT&T Veer to a 2.1.1 EU Veer. No more AT&T bloatware!

I used the Pre 3 impersonation method as the REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK AND REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK methods resulted in boot-up loops.

Thanks, grndslm, for your great guide!

Great stuff!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Mauler, please share with us the token settings in the mantaray.xml for US Veer to EU Veer? Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by mauler View Post
    With thanks to the incomparable Rod Whitby, I was able to "downgrade" my 2.1.2 AT&T Veer to a 2.1.1 EU Veer. No more AT&T bloatware!

I used the Pre 3 impersonation method as the REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK AND REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK methods resulted in boot-up loops.

Thanks, grndslm, for your great guide!

Great stuff!
    Crimson™Waiting for Battery Fixes to buy again...
    Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    Mauler, please share with us the token settings in the mantaray.xml for US Veer to EU Veer? Thank you very much!
    Hello ATG,

For "DMMODEL", use "P160UEU". Use this value for "PRODoID", too.

For "DMCARRIER", use "ROW".

For "ProductSKU", use "FB348AA#ABD".

I used a blank value (just "") for "MfgCode". I didn't use the PN value.

For good measure, I used "UNLOCKED" for the "SimLockDef".

Follow carefully Rod's Pre 3 impersonation hack here. Please make sure to use the correct webOS doctor for the Veer (the EU version). Take note that the XML file you want is broadway.xml, not mantaray.xml.

If you follow the instructions above carefully and to-the-letter, substituting Veer-specifics for Pre 3-specifics, you will be able to reflash your Veer as an EU model.

After a successful reflash, I flashed it again with the original webOS (without modified broadway.xml file) that was meta'd to disable the upload daemon.

Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I just found that I can't get my Modem Firmware flashed with the original FW, can I just use any method to get it force flashed? Thanks.
    Crimson™Waiting for Battery Fixes to buy again...
    I followed this guide Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    i can create the new build of webosDoctor but before i finish using it on my Unlocked AT&T Veer (2.1.2) the phone won't boot up...
    Appear a tux logo and then the HP logo and it al continue blinking... but no real boot...
    I'd like to put italian language inside my veer using a german version of webosdoctor (2.1.1)
    If I use a pre3 webosdoctor (unlocked version) the process of building a custom WOD doesn't finish...

Pls let me know...

Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielito986 View Post
    I followed this guide Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    i can create the new build of webosDoctor but before i finish using it on my Unlocked AT&T Veer (2.1.2) the phone won't boot up...
    Appear a tux logo and then the HP logo and it al continue blinking... but no real boot...
    I'd like to put italian language inside my veer using a german version of webosdoctor (2.1.1)
    If I use a pre3 webosdoctor (unlocked version) the process of building a custom WOD doesn't finish...

Pls let me know...

Thx
    We'll need a full console log of building and running the custom doctor. Leave out no detail, however small. Someone else has to precisely recreate what you did to be able to diagnose it.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielito986 View Post
    I'd like
    This was precisely what happened to me when I attempted to flash my AT&T Veer with a meta'd EU webOS Doctor.

Then I found and followed the Pre 3 Impersonation hack and that worked for me.
    Hi Mauler,
    I'm pretty much confused about and don't want to accidentally brick my HP veer. So i need your help.
    I easiest possible method for me would be that you can pass me the meta-doctored jar file, which, I guess, can be used as a normal webos doctor jar file. You can upload your doctored file to any filehosting site like mediafire or filesonic or multiupload or anything you like and pass me the link.
    Also I guess the phone preserves the carrier unlock state after doctoring.
    I understand that it may be like asking too much but please help a fellow member.
    TIA.
    bigbyte,

Distributing doctor'd doctors is a no-no because the stuff is HP-proprietary.

I'll write simplified instructions for you. Please give me a bit of time because it's about bedtime in my neck of the woods.

Thanks!
    bigbyte,

Have you installed Linux in your machine and installed Meta Doctor yet?

I am not a geek, coder, whatever. If I can do it, so can you!

I'll write my instructions after I hear from you so that I know where to start.

mauler...
    I've Linux installed in my machine. And I can install meta doctor, I think I just have to update the java run time files.
    Give me detailed instruction including files to download. And I hope by installing this the unlock status is not lost. And I can always revert back to original AtnT firmware.
    Hi Rod,

I created a Meta Doctor as per the instructions and used the BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP setting for my Pre3 (AT&T) running 2.2.3. The MetaDoctor loaded fine, but unlike in the documentation, no First Use application has been made visible in the launcher.

Is this no longer present in 2.2.3, did I do something wrong, or do I just try activating yet again through Impostah?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)