Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielito986 View Post
    i'm at point 8.
    When i paste inside terminal

aptitude install git git-core patch build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-source-2.6.31 sun-java6-bin virtualbox-guest-additions virtualbox-ose-guest-x11

i recieve an answer that sounds like this:

aptitude can be found inside the following packages:
    *apititude
    *apititude-gtk
    Try: apt-get install <selected package>

I don't know what to do...
    I'm using Ubuntu 11
    Right... guide was written for 9.10.

How about... "Try: apt-get install aptitude"??

Or, you could just skip that and use the native apt-get package to install the packages directly... apt-get install git git-core patch build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-source-2.6.31 sun-java6-bin virtualbox-guest-additions virtualbox-ose-guest-x11
    here's my new error...

root@daniel-VirtualBox:~/meta-doctor# make unpack patch pack
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then rename and move it to downloads/webosdoctorp160una-wr-2.1.1.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp160una-wr-2.1.1.jar] Error 1

I can't do this by myself
    Is there any way that someone can do this for me? :'(
  3.    #403  
    here's my new error...

root@daniel-VirtualBox:~/meta-doctor# make unpack patch pack
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then rename and move it to downloads/webosdoctorp160una-wr-2.1.1.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp160una-wr-2.1.1.jar] Error 1

I can't do this by myself
    Is there any way that someone can do this for me? :'(
    You can follow the webos-internals instructions. After VirtualBox is installed, their instructions are spot on for the most part.

Or you can download 9.10 and can then copy & paste all you'd like.

But I suggest you just fool around with the basic Linux commands, tho... ls, cd, mv, pwd. From the command line, you can type in "man ls", and it will tell you precisely what the "ls" command does and how to control it with switches, like "ls -a" (to show all files, including hidden ones) or "ls -l" (to list file attributes instead of just names), or you can string the switches together, like "ls -al".

Anyway.... it looks like you either don't have the file in the directory, or you didn't rename the file.

Type: ls ~/meta-doctor/downloads

What does it say?? Is it named properly, as you were told to name???

What exactly are you trying to do anyway??? Chances are that there's a script in the ~/meta-doctor/scripts folder that accomplishes what you need done with no headaches.
    i'd like to put italian language inside my At&T's Veer (I already unlocked it)
  5.    #405  
    i'd like to put italian language inside my At&T's Veer (I already unlocked it)
    Can't you just use the REGULAR doctor to select Country & Language??
    I try but it won't connect to the phone
    i've install the palm SDK version 3...
    but the WebOS Doctor for german won't recognize the phone... My Veer is an AT&T... but even with USA doctor won't connect...
  8.    #408  
    I try but it won't connect to the phone
    If you don't really feel like hacking away at the command line and learning a thing or two in the process, you could try "Running the Activation Bypass Tool"...

https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ed_device.html
    I put the phone in recovery mode but when i try to use webOS Doctor for version 2.1.1 the program tells me that the device is not supported.

I just unlocked my veer using Digitalunlock and it all works...

I can't make work the bypass tool...
    an Idea... if I install the recovery kernel on preware and then use webosdoctor?
  11.    #411  
    ????

I suggest you read this post again...

You can follow the webos-internals instructions. After VirtualBox is installed, their instructions are spot on for the most part.

Or you can download 9.10 and can then copy & paste all you'd like.

But I suggest you just fool around with the basic Linux commands, tho... ls, cd, mv, pwd. From the command line, you can type in "man ls", and it will tell you precisely what the "ls" command does and how to control it with switches, like "ls -a" (to show all files, including hidden ones) or "ls -l" (to list file attributes instead of just names), or you can string the switches together, like "ls -al".

Anyway.... it looks like you either don't have the file in the directory, or you didn't rename the file.

Type: ls ~/meta-doctor/downloads

What does it say?? Is it named properly, as you were told to name???

What exactly are you trying to do anyway??? Chances are that there's a script in the ~/meta-doctor/scripts folder that accomplishes what you need done with no headaches.
    Everything you need to make sure the file is in the downloads directory *and* named "webosdoctorp160una-wr-2.1.1.jar" is ALL in this post.

You are 2 minutes away from finishing this if you'll just learn the basic linux commands. It is necessary for everyone to know these 5 or so basic commands. Just do it and you will slap yourself for not listening to me the first time.

I'm hitting the sack. Night night.
    thx a lot but at point 10, at mod probe vboxvfs, i receive an error: FATAL: module vboxvfs not found.
    I'm inside /meta-doctor#

thx! (again)
  13.    #413  
    thx a lot but at point 10, at mod probe vboxvfs, i receive an error: FATAL: module vboxvfs not found.
    I'm inside /meta-doctor#

thx! (again)
    I think that it should be "modprobe vboxsf"... or you could use dropbox or FTP or whatever, really.
    Okay I am Stuck @ Step 8.Screenshot Below -

Also I cant Seem to connect to the Internet inside Ubuntu. I have saved this Page.
    Any chance i can Open The saved Page from inside Ubuntu?
    You need internet access from Ubuntu. Might need to plug in using an ethernet cable if your wireless drivers arent working in linux.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  16.    #416  
    OK... I've updated the guide.

Nobody should have any problems ever again now.
    Thanks for the great guide! It was easy to follow and it worked fine for me until I used the meta'd doctor on my Veer.

I have an AT&T Veer that's unlocked with codes from digitalunlock.com. I am trying to remove the AT&T specific apps which are useless to me.

The meta'd doctor runs fine and restores my Veer but the phone gets stuck in a loop during the reboot. The only way to get it out is to use the original doctor on it.

I've included the terminal log of the patch process and the Makefile. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Many thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by mauler View Post
    Thanks for the great guide! It was easy to follow and it worked fine for me until I used the meta'd doctor on my Veer.

I have an AT&T Veer that's unlocked with codes from digitalunlock.com. I am trying to remove the AT&T specific apps which are useless to me.

The meta'd doctor runs fine and restores my Veer but the phone gets stuck in a loop during the reboot. The only way to get it out is to use the original doctor on it.

I've included the terminal log of the patch process and the Makefile. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Many thanks!
    Why are you using REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK ? Did you read the documentation at the top of the Makefile? Note that it advises against using AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Why are you using REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK ? Did you read the documentation at the top of the Makefile? Note that it advises against using AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE too.

-- Rod
    Hello, Rod, thank you for the reply.

I read the documentation both on the Makefile and in the first post of this thread. I used the REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK because I wanted to remove carrier-specific content/app/whatever. None of the AT&T applications or contacts are applicable to me.

As for the auto-installing of Preware, it was something I thought I tried. I didn't use this feature in my earlier failed attempts.

My main goal is to de-AT&T my phone as much as possible. With this in mind, I tried to meta-doctor the European 2.1.1 webos doctor, which also failed.

If I want to restore my phone with the European doctor, should I use only the REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK, leaving everything else untouched? I am aware the European version number is lower than AT&T's.

Otherwise, how may I get rid of the AT&T stuff?

Thank you very much for your patience!
    Remove carrier check does much more than just removing the carrier apps. It is not something to be used on a whim.

I would suggest just ignoring the apps, unless you know exactly what you are doing.

-- Rod