Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    i have a question concerning comboard swap i did it sucessfully the i ran the orrignal update but i nolonger have data nor a data profile can recieve text but cant send bypassed activation phone connect to sprint but i cant figyre out how to restore data profile user name is blank no settings thereafter could some one please help cant reply to tex but can recieve fine

if i asked a question in the forum im sorry but i need help restoring my phones data any help would be appreciated i am new at this the flash went well all tooken were written righr phone works fine i up graded to nova barley 337 still no data thanks
    Last edited by bevcraw; 04/07/2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: combined two consecutive posts
  2.    #382  
    What were you reading in order to do your comm board swap?
    Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to use the full app catalog with this method.

In my case, I have a Pixi Plus from Vodafone Germany, and I've activated it in Belgium.
    I've got access to a very limited number of apps and no paid apps.
    A year ago, I had a Pre Plus from France, activated in France (second-hand) and I had full access to the app catalog in Belgium.

Any help ? (It's just information now, as there might be a "vietnamese update" soon
  4.    #384  
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $what$ $you$ $see$ $with$ $your$ $palm$ $profile$ $currently$ $is$ $likely$ $what$ $you$'$d$ $see$ $when$ $switching$ $to$ $another$ $phone$, $bar$ $exceptions$ $due$ $to$ $screen$ $size$, $OS$ $requirements$, $etc$.
    Goodday all,

new to the forums, have been reading a lot in the last two days,

I am a long time Palm user, started with a Vx, followed by several TX's and still using my good old Treo 680

Rod thanks for the meta doctor!
    GRNDSLM thanks for the guide!

Apart from the forum I also had a look at the webOS internals wiki.

Still do all that info leaves me whit a question.

I bought a Palm Pre Plus, from Germany, new Vodafone stock, but not sim-locked or branded (qwertz)

Before I start to use it, I would like some advice.
    Basically it comes down to two things I want to do.

I want to update to webOS 2.x
    I need to create a Palm profile and want access to the "European" app store.

Would the best thing be to update to 2.x first and then use Impostah to create a profile at wish?

In the thread about using Impostah for your wished profile it shows some differences between the app stores, any other site-wiki with more info on that? Which credit cards you can use, which implications my choice has?

Thanks for any info!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah p View Post
    i have a question concerning comboard swap i did it sucessfully the i ran the orrignal update but i nolonger have data nor a data profile can recieve text but cant send bypassed activation phone connect to sprint but i cant figyre out how to restore data profile user name is blank no settings thereafter could some one please help cant reply to tex but can recieve fine

if i asked a question in the forum im sorry but i need help restoring my phones data any help would be appreciated i am new at this the flash went well all tooken were written righr phone works fine i up graded to nova barley 337 still no data thanks
    I'm having similar problems with my Pre +. Didn't do a comm board swap but getting problems with data. When I run a doctor image I get "Error Updating Modem Firmware!!!" errors and I wonder if there are any other build options to force the modem firmware install somehow?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    I bought a Palm Pre Plus, from Germany, new Vodafone stock, but not sim-locked or branded (qwertz)

Before I start to use it, I would like some advice.
    Basically it comes down to two things I want to do.

I want to update to webOS 2.x

Would the best thing be to update to 2.x first and then ......
    Update to 2.x went perfectly fine with a standard doctor!
    Can anyone break down how to install meta-doctor on snow leopard? I followed the wiki on webOS internals and completed steps 1 -5 but on step 6 i get bash git command not found, does anyone know what i am doing wrong or an alternate route to install meta doctor? I have my tokens and secured a pre plus i just need to get meta doctor loaded and working, if anyone could give me some advice or guidance it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advnace!
  9.    #389  
    An "alternate method" could be simply installing Ubuntu inside VirtualBox.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to just download the tools and make it happen.
    MetaDoctor is developed on Snow Leopard, so should run fine.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I got to this point here and can't get passed. I'm wandering if the servers are down tonight.

Initialized empty Git repository in /home/benthe1/meta-doctor/.git/
    remote: Counting objects: 1240, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1213/1213), done.
    remote: Total 1240 (delta 803), reused 0 (delta 0)
    Receiving objects: 100% (1240/1240), 188.00 KiB | 62 KiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (803/803), done.
    root@benthe1-desktop:~# mkdir ~/meta-doctor/downloads/
    root@benthe1-desktop:~# cd ~/meta-doctor/downloads/
    root@benthe1-desktop:~/meta-doctor/downloads# wget -c palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p14r0d02252010/sr1ntp140rod/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    --2011-06-08 22:08:55-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... 66.114.49.14, 66.114.49.44
    Connecting to palm.cdnetworks.net|66.114.49.14|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
    2011-06-08 22:08:56 ERROR 404: Not Found.
    Quote Originally Posted by benthe1 View Post
    I got to this point here and can't get passed. I'm wandering if the servers are down tonight.

Initialized empty Git repository in /home/benthe1/meta-doctor/.git/
    remote: Counting objects: 1240, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1213/1213), done.
    remote: Total 1240 (delta 803), reused 0 (delta 0)
    Receiving objects: 100% (1240/1240), 188.00 KiB | 62 KiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (803/803), done.
    root@benthe1-desktop:~# mkdir ~/meta-doctor/downloads/
    root@benthe1-desktop:~# cd ~/meta-doctor/downloads/
    root@benthe1-desktop:~/meta-doctor/downloads# wget -c palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p14r0d02252010/sr1ntp140rod/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    --2011-06-08 22:08:55-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... 66.114.49.14, 66.114.49.44
    Connecting to palm.cdnetworks.net|66.114.49.14|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
    2011-06-08 22:08:56 ERROR 404: Not Found.
    That is an example URL for webOS 1.4.0 (which is no longer available).

You should use a predefined meta-script from the instructions on the WebOS Internals wiki for the procedure that you are following.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    No authorized_keys file found in ./config or /home/beezie/.ssh
    mkdir -p build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/var/preferences/com.palm.wifi
    No com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl file found in ./config or /home/beezie/.ssh
    for f in patches/carriers/*.json ; do \
    if [ -f $f ]; then \
    cat $f >> build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json ; \
    fi ; \
    done
    /bin/sh: cannot create build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json: Directory nonexistent
    /bin/sh: cannot create build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json: Directory nonexistent
    make: *** [build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.4.5/.patched] Error 2

Anybody know what this means? I tried many different things to fix this and jus cant get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by beezie42 View Post
    No authorized_keys file found in ./config or /home/beezie/.ssh
    mkdir -p build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/var/preferences/com.palm.wifi
    No com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl file found in ./config or /home/beezie/.ssh
    for f in patches/carriers/*.json ; do \
    if [ -f $f ]; then \
    cat $f >> build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs/etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json ; \
    fi ; \
    done
    make: *** [build/pixi-p200eww-sprint-1.4.5/.patched] Error 2

Anybody know what this means? I tried many different things to fix this and jus cant get it.
    You should re-read the documentation in the Makefile before using various features. All your errors are explained there.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Hi. First of all i would like to thanks devs for this wonderful tool.
    Got AT&T Pixi Plus unlocked Running 1.4.5 and am using it in india with Airtel.
    Read all the 21 pages. still not able to get whats wrong ? I am getting file mismatch error.

Here is my MAKE File

# BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    # AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    # ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS = 1
    # VAR_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB
    # SWAP_PARTITION_SIZE = 512MB
    # EXT3FS_PARTITION_SIZE = 2GB

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi", "pixiplus", "pre2", "veer" or "touchpad".
    DEVICE = "pixiplus"

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel", "att" or "wifi".
    CARRIER = "att"

And this is the error i am getting.

nisarg@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ make DEVICE=pixiplus CARRIER=wr all
    [: 3: p121ewweu: unexpected operator
    [: 3: 1.4.5: unexpected operator
    make unpack patch pack
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/nisarg/meta-doctor'
    rm -rf build/pixiplus-p121ewweu-wr-1.4.5
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121ewweu-wr-1.4.5
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp121ewweu-wr-1.4.5.jar build/pixiplus-p121ewweu-wr-1.4.5/webosdoctorp121ewweu-wr-1.4.5.jar
    ( cd build/pixiplus-p121ewweu-wr-1.4.5 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp121ewweu-wr-1.4.5.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    ( cd build/pixiplus-p121ewweu-wr-1.4.5 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp121ewweu-wr-1.4.5.jar resources/wr.tar )
    caution: filename not matched: resources/wr.tar
    make[1]: *** [build/pixiplus-p121ewweu-wr-1.4.5/.unpacked] Error 11
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nisarg/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    nisarg@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ make clobber
    rm -rf build
    nisarg@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$

Why is it saying [: 3: p121ewweu: unexpected operator
    [: 3: 1.4.5: unexpected operator
    if i rename it p121ewwatt-wr-1.4.5.jar it says file not found.

Thank you.
    I suspect you did not follow the dash->bash setup instructions correctly.

I just tested that device/carrier combination and it builds fine.

Also, why do you have ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1 ?

And why do you have carrier set to att in the Makefile, but wr on the command line?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

And why do you have carrier set to att in the Makefile, but wr on the command line?

-- Rod
    Oops. thats where i was wrong. Solved it by renaming the file. Thanks a lot.
    I have redited the MAKE file and added # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1 Since i thought it would be for tethering but it is not.
    Just build the file successfully.
    Thank you.
    Okay Heres The Thing,
    I Got a Used Palm Pixi plus AT&T Version () WebOS 1.4.3.
    I Use W7Ex64 and The NOVACOM DRIVERS were NOT installed once i plugged my phone into My PC.My Questions are -

1.I Have Downloaded All including the webdoctor - htp://www(dot)webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions#Pixi_Plus_5,Can i use it Instead of downloading it inside ubuntu?

2.Will this Update My WebOS version to 1.4.5 and Remove all AT&T apps,do the Master reset thing and Fix NOVACOM Driver Issue?
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecaper View Post
    Okay Heres The Thing,
    I Got a Used Palm Pixi plus AT&T Version () WebOS 1.4.3.
    I Use W7Ex64 and The NOVACOM DRIVERS were NOT installed once i plugged my phone into My PC.My Questions are -

1.I Have Downloaded All including the webdoctor - htp://www(dot)webos-internals.org/wiki/Webos_Doctor_Versions#Pixi_Plus_5,Can i use it Instead of downloading it inside ubuntu?

2.Will this Update My WebOS version to 1.4.5 and Remove all AT&T apps,do the Master reset thing and Fix NOVACOM Driver Issue?
    I'm not quite following your questions, but I'll try to answer...

(1) You can transfer the Doctor you have downloaded to the virtual machine, or you can re-download it when you boot up the virtual machine. Your choice.

(2) Yes. By running the Doctor, it will re-install Novacom and update you to whatever version of the Doctor you download (HP only has the latest doctor available for download, tho). You have the option of removing all ATT apps, as well as many other options. Your apps will be erased, but anything you've downloaded from the App Catalog will be restored, along with contacts, calendar, memos, etc... but not text messages, photos, etc. (I can't remember about photos, really, but better safe than sorry)
    i'm at point 8.
    When i paste inside terminal

aptitude install git git-core patch build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-source-2.6.31 sun-java6-bin virtualbox-guest-additions virtualbox-ose-guest-x11

i recieve an answer that sounds like this:

aptitude can be found inside the following packages:
    *apititude
    *apititude-gtk
    Try: apt-get install <selected package>

I don't know what to do...
    I'm using Ubuntu 11