Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by Openwater View Post
    Many thanks! I'm a Verizon customer and jonesing for a Pre. Will this application work on a Verizon Pre? Or will any carrier Pre work? CB
    As far as I know, it works with any webOS device.

Sometimes the Meta-Doctor needs to be updated for newer versions of webOS or newly released phones (Pre 2, anyone?)... But Rod doesn't take more than a day to do it, it seems.
    OK, first let me state that I am new to Virtualbox and Ubuntu and know nothing about Linux but I'm reading the forums like a madman and getting close.

A few questions...

I ran Rod's script for the Verizon Pre Plus successfully. It did it's thing and now I need to make some changes to the Makefile because I want to bypass activation among other things.

1. After I make changes to the Makefile do I need to repackage the .jar file? How do I do that? I'm sure it's in the Forums but after two days of reading I cant find it... edit: I think it's make unpack patch pack can someone pls confirm... I'm still getting an error because my file is not in the right dir... See problem 2.

2. Does the Makefile need to be in the same directory as the .jar file. If yes, how do I move it?

Once I know this I think I can move the new Doc to my shared folder and install it on my Pre Plus bought from Ebay with a bad ESN...

TIA... David
    Last edited by peanuthead47; 02/24/2011 at 02:20 AM.
    Sorry if I ask something stupid. If i Meta-Doctor my palm pixi plus(I`n not in a supported country and after a full reset a cannot creata a palm profile) i wouldn`t be able to make calls or sms-s?
    tthanks a lot !
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkpadq9300 View Post
    Sorry if I ask something stupid. If i Meta-Doctor my palm pixi plus(I`n not in a supported country and after a full reset a cannot creata a palm profile) i wouldn`t be able to make calls or sms-s?
    tthanks a lot !
    No, you cant.
    you have to create webosdoctor with disabled first use app using meta-doctor. if you bought metadoctored device and hardresseted it, you will get stucked at profile creation, and you cant create profile because you have to use gprs data connection, and you cant save gprs parameters because you are using unsupported sim.
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuthead47 View Post
    OK, first let me state that I am new to Virtualbox and Ubuntu and know nothing about Linux but I'm reading the forums like a madman and getting close.

A few questions...

I ran Rod's script for the Verizon Pre Plus successfully. It did it's thing and now I need to make some changes to the Makefile because I want to bypass activation among other things.

1. After I make changes to the Makefile do I need to repackage the .jar file? How do I do that? I'm sure it's in the Forums but after two days of reading I cant find it... edit: I think it's make unpack patch pack can someone pls confirm... I'm still getting an error because my file is not in the right dir... See problem 2.

2. Does the Makefile need to be in the same directory as the .jar file. If yes, how do I move it?

Once I know this I think I can move the new Doc to my shared folder and install it on my Pre Plus bought from Ebay with a bad ESN...

TIA... David
    peanut...

All I can suggest at the moment is to follow the guide from the get-go using 9.10... Or at least make sure you have the proper packages (some I list aren't necessary, actually) on 10.04 or whatever. The remaining steps should be the same... Just go to the part that allows you to "reset" (step 9?) and go from there.
    so I cannot do anything to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    No, you cant.
    you have to create webosdoctor with disabled first use app using meta-doctor. if you bought metadoctored device and hardresseted it, you will get stucked at profile creation, and you cant create profile because you have to use gprs data connection, and you cant save gprs parameters because you are using unsupported sim.
    so I cannot do anything to fix it? to access somehow the phone and create a profile, or to use it with phone functionability without a palm profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    peanut...

All I can suggest at the moment is to follow the guide from the get-go using 9.10... Or at least make sure you have the proper packages (some I list aren't necessary, actually) on 10.04 or whatever. The remaining steps should be the same... Just go to the part that allows you to "reset" (step 9?) and go from there.
    makefile is in root of meta-doctor folder. original doctor file is in meta-doctor /downloads directory. modifyed doctor is in meta-doctor /build folder. Yes, you have to run unpack patch pack webosdoctor again after chenging in makefile. ou have to be in meta-doctor folder to be able to run make command
    so, everythime you enter changes in makefile, you have to run make unpack patch pack.
    pefore creating new doctor, delete all in build folder.
    you dont need to download new original doctor file
    Last edited by chalx; 02/24/2011 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thinkpadq9300 View Post
    so I cannot do anything to fix it? to access somehow the phone and create a profile, or to use it with phone functionability without a palm profile?
    cant say for shure, ther is some Palm tool for profile creation for unactivated phones.
    but i think if you are stuck at profile creation screen, that you must run meta doctored webosdoctor.
    listen, its not a big deal. read info and you will make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    cant say for shure, ther is some Palm tool for profile creation for unactivated phones.
    but i think if you are stuck at profile creation screen, that you must run meta doctored webosdoctor.
    listen, its not a big deal. read info and you will make it.
    I`ll do the meta doctored webosdoctor, but from what you said, i understood that it`s not enough to pass the profile creation screen and be able to use the phone to make calls( i saw the activation bypass from the palm website and that it`s not a solution)...i think my phone is activated, since i get signal, and i can call( from the emergency call menu)
    thanks for you answers.
    P.S.: After i metadoctor my webosdoctor, i should run it from linux or windows?
    run it from windows. Check your PM I've sent you instructions.
    Hi everyone. Palm newbie here. I just got an unlocked SFR pre plus and need to bypass the first use app because I'm using it in China. However, when I try to use meta-doctor on the SFR 1.4.5 webOS file, it keeps asking for the new O2 Germany 2.1.0 file. After I download that, it only makes a meta-ed 2.1.0. Is there a way for me to get meta-doctor to do it's magic on the SFR 1.4.5?? Maybe something that needs to be changed in Makefile? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

P.S. I'm on a mac using terminal. Everything for meta-doctor is set up. Both webOS files are in the downloads/ directory. Using the make DEVICE=preplus all-wr command. It works, just not for 1.4.5.
    nevermind.
    Last edited by dingwall1; 03/01/2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: i'm dumb
    hi all,

I'm having problems with my pre. After a successful webosdoctoring I was able to bring my pre to life again however I noticed that whenever I lose my carriers signal I get the SOS Only sign and I never get the signal back unless I restart my pre or remove and re-insert my sim. would you know if there might be some step I missed? Thanks!
    To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
    See "man sudo_root" for details.

anthony@ubuntu:~$ sudo -s
    [sudo] password for anthony:
    Sorry, try again.
    [sudo] password for anthony:
    root@ubuntu:~# aptitude install git git-core patch build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-source-2.6.31 sun-java6-bin virtualbox-guest-additions virtualbox-ose-guest-x11
    The program 'aptitude' can be found in the following packages:
    * aptitude
    * aptitude-gtk
    Try: apt-get install <selected package>
    root@ubuntu:~# apt-get install git git-core patch build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-source-2.6.31 sun-java6-bin virtualbox-guest-additions virtualbox-ose-guest-x11
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package linux-source-2.6.31
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-source-2.6.31'
    E: Unable to locate package sun-java6-bin
    root@ubuntu:~# apt install git git-core patch build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-source-2.6.31 sun-java6-bin virtualbox-guest-additions virtualbox-ose-guest-x11
    The program 'apt' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
    apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk
    root@ubuntu:~# aptitude install git git-core patch build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-source-2.6.31 sun-java6-bin virtualbox-guest-additions virtualbox-ose-guest-x11
    The program 'aptitude' can be found in the following packages:
    * aptitude
    * aptitude-gtk
    Try: apt-get install <selected package>
    root@ubuntu:~# apt-get install git git-core patch build-essential linux-headers-generic linux-source-2.6.31 sun-java6-bin virtualbox-guest-additions virtualbox-ose-guest-x11
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package linux-source-2.6.31
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-source-2.6.31'
    E: Unable to locate package sun-java6-bin
    root@ubuntu:~#

Could anybody help me to figure out if I am doing something wrong or help me resolve this issue? Thanks in advance everybody. I hope that this isn't a nuisance of a problem for anybody to help me with.

Tony
  16.    #377  
    Tony

Check out that part that says "Sorry, please try again."

Your password is incorrect. Perhaps you had the caps lock on during installation?
    I ended up scratching the whole virtual box atempt at this and just went with the dual boot wubi/ubuntu method. It is much easier to do. Plus it will be nice to ubuntu on my laptop incase I need to do some more work with the webos platform. I'm gonna be doing my phone on friday I do have one more question tho about the tokens that I need to save not sure if this is the best thread to do it in tho can anyone message me and maybe give me a hand?
    is there a thread/wiki where the CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE options are described in detail.

I found that there is = z for making QWERTZ devices to QWERTY. But there seems to be more refined options like = y1.

My question detail would be what should i have to do if i wanted to change a UK-QWERTY Pre2 to act as german QWERTZ device perhaps even with € (on OPTION-H) and (on OPTION+a).

like on: http://www.blogcdn.com/de.engadget.c...1271595831.jpg
    And yes i know the printings on the keyboard won't change

I just need a manual for the possible options.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    is there a thread/wiki where the CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE options are described in detail.

I found that there is = z for making QWERTZ devices to QWERTY. But there seems to be more refined options like = y1.

My question detail would be what should i have to do if i wanted to change a UK-QWERTY Pre2 to act as german QWERTZ device perhaps even with (on OPTION-H) and (on OPTION+a).

like on: http://www.blogcdn.com/de.engadget.c...1271595831.jpg
    And yes i know the printings on the keyboard won't change

I just need a manual for the possible options.
    The Makefile contains the documentation for all the options.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals