Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecode View Post
    Ah... So start with the newest AT&T rom, and change the carrier string in the makefile to CARRIER=bellmo.
    Should I rename the file to have bellmo in the name as well? Or will that not matter?
    What is it exactly that you want to achieve?

Normally the device, doctor and CARRIER match for a successful outcome ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I've got an unlocked AT&T Pre Plus (used developer bypass during unlocking). I unlocked using Nextgen. Even though I am in a launch country (Canada) the phone isn't picking up 3G from the profile sign in page, so I need to use Meta doctor to bypass the carrier activation - get into the phone and set up the profile via wifi, and then possible change the db file... we'll see.

I assume that since it is an unlocked phone, that using AT&T doctor file will probably be fine.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Can any of this be applied to a Sprint Palm Pre that's been hard reset and is now sitting at the create a profile screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by freeza View Post
    Can any of this be applied to a Sprint Palm Pre that's been hard reset and is now sitting at the create a profile screen?
    Yes, that is exactly what it is designed for.

You'll also want to look at the Recovery page on the WebOS Internals site.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what it is designed for.

You'll also want to look at the Recovery page on the WebOS Internals site.

-- Rod
    Thank you, I'm going to attempt this now. I don't really feel swapping phones (currently have an EVO) just to get this thing past that screen. It would make me switch plans and go through too much of a hassle! I'll take a look at the WebOS Internals site. Any other tips before I begin? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by freeza View Post
    Thank you, I'm going to attempt this now. I don't really feel swapping phones (currently have an EVO) just to get this thing past that screen. It would make me switch plans and go through too much of a hassle! I'll take a look at the WebOS Internals site. Any other tips before I begin? lol
    What was so funny that it made you laugh out loud while writing that post?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    What was so funny that it made you laugh out loud while writing that post?

-- Rod
    I'm using lol in the "sounds ok to put this right here" sense,not as the "this was really funny" sense. But if you insist on there being something funny; take your pick:

-First time posting, but registered in 2007.
    -First time having a Palm Pre. (got it to sell from a friend)
    -First time attempting this guide (would assume it's for someone who's at least owned and used a Palm Pre)
    -Shocked that I got a response so fast.
    -Shocked that I didn't get flamed for not 'searching'
    and last but not least:
    -The whole reason i'm even doing this is to see what 1Ghz is like on this thing compared to the EVO before I sell it. So, now I have to install a virtual machine and follow a bunch of steps just to do something for 15 minutes before I undo pretty much everything I did, just to sell it.
    Last edited by freeza; 10/10/2010 at 11:45 PM.
    Hey probably a stupid question but do I have to have a SIM in the phone to use Meta Doctor? I have a new Palm Pre Plus from AT&T without a SIM. When I turn it on all I see are instructions on how to install a SIM.

I'd like to use the Palm for testing home built apps and as a iPod Touch connected to my home wifi connection.

Thanks.
    -Jim
  9.    #289  
    jgarrison....

I don't know a thing about GSM and SIM cards, but you could try the Meta-Doctor by disabling the First Use app... and see if that works.

I'd imagine the First Use app on a GSM webOS phone would say something about inserting your SIM. Dunno for sure until you try it... or someone answers.

It's not hard to revert to the stock Doctor, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarrison View Post
    Hey probably a stupid question but do I have to have a SIM in the phone to use Meta Doctor? I have a new Palm Pre Plus from AT&T without a SIM. When I turn it on all I see are instructions on how to install a SIM.

I'd like to use the Palm for testing home built apps and as a iPod Touch connected to my home wifi connection.

Thanks.
    -Jim
    No you do not. If you power on the phone without a SIM and let the OS load, it will ask for a SIM. If you power on while holding the volume up key it will go directly into the "USB Mode" with a giant USB symbol. You can then plug the phone into the computer and a Doctor will detect it right up and start loading the new software. If your Meta-Doctor has skip activation and first use and carrier check and all that stuff, it will boot right up into the webOS desktop, without checking for SIM. On the top left it will still say "Check SIM, SOS only" or something similar if you don't have a SIM, but everything else will work perfectly.
    Hi guys,
    probably need some help.
    I just successfully meta-doctored a Verizon Pre Plus, by swapping the modem with an O2 GSM. It works fine, but the problem comes in when i try redoctoring the metadocted rom on the device. When I put in the 1.4.5 O2 doctor- it tells me it's not a supported device. S
    My concern is future OTAs ...or is it moving forward I'd also need to MEta doctor 2.0 when it arrives?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Except that you will ultimately need a cell signal to create the first ever Palm Profile on that device.
    Nope?

I already have a perfectly working Palm Profile on the device. I can see the App Catalog and download apps. I have yet to buy one, but I'm pretty sure it works fine as well.

*Update*: Sorry, looking back at it, I should have added that you do need to run the "First Use" app after you load up into the desktop. However, this can be done over WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Hi guys,
    probably need some help.
    I just successfully meta-doctored a Verizon Pre Plus, by swapping the modem with an O2 GSM. It works fine, but the problem comes in when i try redoctoring the metadocted rom on the device. When I put in the 1.4.5 O2 doctor- it tells me it's not a supported device. S
    My concern is future OTAs ...or is it moving forward I'd also need to MEta doctor 2.0 when it arrives?
    Hi fellow pre-ers..
    any advice moving forward?
    I was able to create a meta-doctored O2 and install it on the verizon Palm Pre plus with the o2 modem installed works fine.
    But now when i try to install a non-doctored o2, it says it's not compatible...is there any reason or did i do a wrong step somewhere or moving forward i can only installed meta-doctored o2 os into the preplus?
    I'm no expert, but I'm going to take a guess and say you didn't put in the tokens properly. It sounds like if it doesn't see the right device, then your phone isn't telling the computer it's the right device. Which means, the tokens in your phone aren't correct. Double check the tokens, remake your Meta-Doctor, and try again.

Good Luck!
    Ok followed the advice..
    there are those set of tokens i need to transfer.
    Question : are all the tokens unique for each individual phone?
    For .eg carrier - that would not unique ROW for O2 etc.
    because if I'm swapping the modem card from an O2 GSM to put onto a Verizon phone, i'd assume i need to also put in the information (tokens) for an O2 phone onto the verizon board.
    So when webs 2.0 comes out on Friday on SFR, presumably they'll be releasing webosdoctor 2.0 soon after. Will be be able to use Metadoctor to load 2.0 onto our O2 Pre 1 when that happens?

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    So when webs 2.0 comes out on Friday on SFR, presumably they'll be releasing webosdoctor 2.0 soon after. Will be be able to use Metadoctor to load 2.0 onto our O2 Pre 1 when that happens?

Gx
    I have updated MetaDoctor within 24 hours for every previous version of webOS - I doubt this one will be any different.

However, you can't run the webOS Doctor for a Pre2 on a Pre, just like you can't run the webOS Doctor for a Pixi on a Pre.

-- Rod
    you can't run the webOS Doctor for a Pre2 on a Pre, just like you can't run the webOS Doctor for a Pixi on a Pre.

-- Rod
    Oh well..so much for that plan. It'll be interesting at least to have a look around the 2.0 doctor even though we won't be able to use it.

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Oh well..so much for that plan. It'll be interesting at least to have a look around the 2.0 doctor even though we won't be able to use it.
    Indeed it will, and I will definitely find some ways to use it

-- Rod
    hey there !!! can someone can explaine to me whta im doing wrong ??
    oot@rafal-desktop:~/meta-doctor# nano Makefile
    root@rafal-desktop:~/meta-doctor# nano Makefile
    root@rafal-desktop:~/meta-doctor# make unpack patch pack
    rm -rf build/preplus-p101eww-verizonwireless-1.4.5
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101eww-verizonwireless-1.4.5
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp101ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.jar build/preplus-p101eww-verizonwireless-1.4.5/webosdoctorp101ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.jar
    ( cd build/preplus-p101eww-verizonwireless-1.4.5 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp101ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    warning [webosdoctorp101ewwverizonwireless-1.4.5.jar]: 134320 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
    (attempting to process anyway)
    file #1: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 134320
    (attempting to re-compensate)
    resources/webOS.tar bad CRC 3b551d63 (should be ba91d1c9)
    file #137: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 224778238
    (attempting to re-compensate)
    make: *** [build/preplus-p101eww-verizonwireless-1.4.5/.unpacked] Error 2