Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    IMO anybody who found this article useful, should donate something to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by depo View Post
    IMO anybody who found this article useful, should donate something to you.
    ... and the developer (me) of the tool too ...

-- Rod
    Hey guys,
    I seem to be having an issue here. All the steps worked out fine, had no problems there. What I am having a problem is after I ran the webos doctor and started my pre, it still wants me to create a palm profile and have no way to get to wifi or the phone app. Maybe I miss read something. I have this in the makefile

# Uncomment the features that you wish to enable below:
    # BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    # AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    # ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    # INCREASE_VAR_SPACE = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION = 2GB

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi" or "pixiplus".
    DEVICE = pre

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel" or "att".
    CARRIER = sprint

Any ideas?
  4.    #264  
    Which version of Ubuntu did you use? The guide was used with 9.10, so 10.04 might not work in some areas.

Did you see any errors at all?

Are you sure you successfully copied the doctor from the build directory to somewhere on your desktopOS??

Besides that... I wouldn't know where to start, besides telling you to start over with the rm Makefile; make clobber; git pull string of commands and start over in hopes that it'll work again. . . . .

Maybe after you create the new Doctor in the build directory, you should rename it to "doc.jar" so that it's blatantly obvious if you successfully copied over the right doctor?? Dunno...
    I figured out the issue and its a little embarrassing to admit what I did wrong.... I kept taking the jar file out of downloads and not build.... I do now know ho i looked over that and didn't even see the folder in the first place....

Anyways, awesome job!!!
    Hi, I followed all the steps properly but I used the make command, there were some errors:

The terminal output was:

Code:
    Kartik-Thapars-Macbook:meta-doctor kartik$ make unpack patch pack
    rm -rf build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.1.1.jar build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.1.1.jar
    ( cd build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.1.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/webOS
    gnutar -C build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/webOS \
    		-f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/resources/webOS.tar \
    		-x ./nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz \
    		./nova-installer-image-pixie.uImage ./pixie.xml ./installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs
    gnutar -C build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs \
    		-f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/event.d ./etc/ssl ./md5sums ./etc/palm-build-info
    touch build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/.unpacked
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-1.4.1.1 ]
    mv build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums.old
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/var/luna/preferences
    touch build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    sed -i.orig -e 's/"visible": "false"/"visible": "true"/' \
    		build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json.orig
    for f in build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/resources/*/appinfo.json ; do \
    	  if [ -f $f ] ; then \
    	    sed -i.orig -e 's/"visible": "false"/"visible": "true"/' $f ; rm -f $f.orig ; \
    	  fi ; \
    	done
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/var/gadget
    touch build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/var/gadget/novacom_enabled
    touch build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/var/gadget/usbnet_enabled
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/etc/event.d/uploadd
    sed -i.orig -e '/\/etc\/event.d\/uploadd/d' \
    		build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/uploadd.md5sums
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/uploadd.md5sums.orig
    		build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/uploadd.list
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/uploadd.list.orig
    		build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums.old
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums.old.orig
    for app in com.palm.app.firstuse ; do \
    	  ( cd build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs ; \
    	    find ./usr/palm/applications/$app -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	      > build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	  ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    	    build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new \
    	      > build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums ; \
    	  rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	done
    xargs: md5sum: No such file or directory
    	  find ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/event.d ./etc/ssl -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	    > build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums.new
    make: *** [build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/.patched] Error 127
    Also, I couldn't find md5sum in MacPorts. So may be its because of that. (Instead I had downloaded md5deep)

Last edited by dethmaShine; 09/04/2010 at 04:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dethmaShine View Post
    Hi, I followed all the steps properly but I used the make command, there were some errors:

The terminal output was:

Code:
    rm -rf build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.1.1.jar build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.1.1.jar
    ( cd build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp121ewwverizonwireless-1.4.1.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/webOS
    gnutar -C build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/webOS \
    		-f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/resources/webOS.tar \
    		-x ./nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz \
    		./nova-installer-image-pixie.uImage ./pixie.xml ./installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs
    gnutar -C build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs \
    		-f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-pixie.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/event.d ./etc/ssl ./md5sums ./etc/palm-build-info
    touch build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/.unpacked
    mv build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums.old
    mkdir -p build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/var/luna/preferences
    touch build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    sed -i.orig -e 's/"visible": "false"/"visible": "true"/' \
    		build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json.orig
    for f in build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/resources/*/appinfo.json ; do \
    	  if [ -f $f ] ; then \
    	    sed -i.orig -e 's/"visible": "false"/"visible": "true"/' $f ; rm -f $f.orig ; \
    	  fi ; \
    	done
    touch build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/var/gadget/novacom_enabled
    touch build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/var/gadget/usbnet_enabled
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/etc/event.d/uploadd
    		build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/uploadd.md5sums
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/uploadd.md5sums.orig
    		build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/uploadd.list
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/uploadd.list.orig
    		build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums.old
    rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums.old.orig
    for app in com.palm.app.firstuse ; do \
    	    find ./usr/palm/applications/$app -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	      > build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	  ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    	    build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new \
    	      > build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums ; \
    	  rm -f build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	done
    	  find ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/event.d ./etc/ssl -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	    > build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums.new
    make: *** [build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/.patched] Error 127
    Also, I couldn't find md5sum in MacPorts. So may be its because of that. (Instead I had downloaded md5deep)

Alright, I'm installing md5sha1sum to check if that works properly.
    Nothing

Error:
    Code:
    make: Nothing to be done for `unpack'.
    mv: build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/rootfs/md5sums: No such file or directory
    make: *** [build/pixiplus-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.4.1.1/.patched] Error 1
    Alright, I have been able to get through but there's one big issue.

I never saw the first use app and therefore couldn't create a palm profile.

Specs:

Verizonwireless
    pixiplus
    Last edited by dethmaShine; 09/04/2010 at 09:11 AM.
    Hi Folks,

I flashed my Palm Pre to the Doctor Version 1.4.5 only changing the hash comments to what the recommended settings where.

The problem I am having is my phone says SOS Service only. This only happened after I upgraded the firmware before it stated in the circle box thing that it was O2-UK. Can the upgrade have effected it?

Also when I try the first use mode it fails it hangs on setting language. Does anyone know why this could be? When I do it under the Doctor Firmware it restarts the device.

Can someone please make me a build that I can just straight deploy that works for o2 UK.
    its a normal Palm.
    Can anyone who has done this tell me if having your MSL number is absolutely necessary? what are the chances that the MSN and MSID will not be correct?
  12.    #272  
    I haven't needed my MSL, but it would suck if you did.

That's about as good of an answer as one can give, I'm afraid.
    i have one palm pre need to activate
    now i have gotten all d reqired file but still neeed metal- doctor
    pls can somebody give me a direct link where i can down load it???
  16.    #276  
    Check out the Original Post.

You can have it in an hour or two if you try.

Heyy anybody please i need help! the same old story....

i bought a palm pre plus on ebay..great price...bad deal...
    it displays the Enter Network Unlock Code screen ..well i though is not that bad...lets buy an unlock code..wrong..two web pages and they did not found an unlocking code...well started diggin about the NextGenServer decided to buy the unlocking software...wroong again.. after i paid they sent me the instructions that reads that it wont be of any use if the phone is on this type of screen...continue on diggin..and found you.. i painfully followed the steps described on the forum (painfully because im just very dumb with programming).
    Whatsoever i managed to compile the meta-doctor applying the "Bypasses the First Use app" and "Automatically enables Dev Mode". Everything went ok i got the patched jar app. I ran it in my macintosh it completed succesfully and when it rebooted...NOTHING.. asked me for language config, and after that, the very same splash screen asking for a Network Unlock Code
    nothing changed...how can i enable wifi??? it never gave me the chance to do so....HEEELP!!!

Things that i really don't know if could affect the behaviour of the phone and thigs that could help a better answer...

-The seller told me that it was under AT&T (it has the brand in the backmirror), but im not really sure about that. Anyway i used the webos doctor for at&t with the meta-doctor.

-I compiled the web os doctor in virtual box (PC) after that i copied the modified jar file to my mac and smoothly run it from there.

-When running the web os doctor i did not put the sim card inside my phone, it rebooted asked me for it, i turned it off inserted the sim card and then the splash screen appeared.

-And very important...im in MEXICO, im trying to unlock the carrier so i don't have access to the at&t network to try activating it on 3G and after that unlocking the carrier..

THIS IS A HARD CASE?? OR IS JUST MY POOR EXPERIENCE ON THIS MATTER??

PLEASE AT LEAST A.."SORRY MAN NO IDEA", WILL GREATLY COMFORT ME

THANKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Thanks.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I have an odd issue.... got a Meta doctored jar file into my host file with no issues. It is a modified 1.4.5 Bellmo. Makefile was duplicated just as the instructions on page one. When I run my unlocked (but never activated) AT&T Pre plus, the meta doctor looks like it is running just fine, And even boots into cmd for a second, removes a service, and starts the process (gives me battery info and what not)... it gets to 8% and then the doctor tells me 'This device is not compatible with this webOS doctor'

What did I do wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecode View Post
    I have an odd issue.... got a Meta doctored jar file into my host file with no issues. It is a modified 1.4.5 Bellmo. Makefile was duplicated just as the instructions on page one. When I run my unlocked (but never activated) AT&T Pre plus, the meta doctor looks like it is running just fine, And even boots into cmd for a second, removes a service, and starts the process (gives me battery info and what not)... it gets to 8% and then the doctor tells me 'This device is not compatible with this webOS doctor'

What did I do wrong??
    You need to start with the correct webOS Doctor for your device.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Ah... So start with the newest AT&T rom, and change the carrier string in the makefile to CARRIER=bellmo.
    Should I rename the file to have bellmo in the name as well? Or will that not matter?