Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I also have a G35 with Premium package (2008) and the bluetooth has not worked. It will link up but the sound breaks up when using it. I've unpaired/repaired the connections several times.
    i had some serious issues with my pre, it got so bad after 1.3.5 that the screen started acting up, like a ghost, apps stated opening up and the pages would go up and down, but i wasn't even touching the phone.

i went to best buy and they gave me a brand new phone with 1.2.1 installed and everyhting was fine, the contacts showed up fine, then the phone did the upgrade to 1.3.5 and still NO CONTACTS! they show up on the screen only as ghosts, when i open a contact, it only opens up for a mere second, and then it goes back to the main list.

this is a serious issue, i have over 200 contacts given my job, and i don't have a single number, all i have is names.... i don't understand why, but 1.2.1 synced allt he contacts perfectly, and now 1.3.5 shows me NO CONTACTS.... help, anyone else with this issue?? if so, how did you fixed it?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    k4ever, I agree with you totally. If you have patched your Pre and do an OS update WITHOUT "Web Doctoring" it first, how can you know they are real problems? In my opinion, you must start with a clean base first. If you patch your phone, you must be willing (and able) to "Web Doctor" your phone at any given time and for any given reason. That is especially true before doing a OS update.

If starting from a clean base is a problem, then don't patch!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem with the last update. See this thread for what was done to fix it.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...istant-js.html

Quote Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
    Anybody else having the launcher open completely empty? no pages, no nothing. Universal search doesnt pull up and apps, either. just contacts and the options for web search...
    After using the doctor to go to 1.3.1, no patches / themes or anything, 1.3.5 will not install. It appears to complete, but when the phone tries to boot it just stays on the Palm logo, which pulses for a couple of minutes. Then screen go dark briefly and it starts again with the Palm logo. Palm support told me that they were aware that some devices will not update, they are working on a solution, and will contact me. So if anyone else is stuck like this, it isn't just you.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I haven't had a chance to check this entire thread yet and I'm on my Pre so the search function on this website's mobile version is limited but I have to re-login everytime I open up the Friendsbook FB app. A little annoying but not a deal breaker.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I couldn't open the camera app after the update. The icon lights up but then nothing. The launch manual still sits there.

I did reset and the problem is gone. It is not a problem for me now, but want to let others know and see if anyone ran into the same problem.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    ive installed the webinstall 2.96 and when i hit the arrow nothing happens, its not bringing up the app list, does anybody know how to fix this? please help
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    4hrs 10mins and at 4.07. Less then 20 minutes of useage (web, app catalog, a game)

Quote Originally Posted by sirmicro View Post
    Anyone running battery monitor after update? I've been running for 1 hr 32 min now and have a "drain per hour" of 4.55. Curious what others are showing.
    Has anyone used MyTether with the 1.3.5? I want to make sure this works with the new update.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I haven't had a chance to check this entire thread yet and I'm on my Pre so the search function on this website's mobile version is limited but I have to re-login everytime I open up the Friendsbook FB app. A little annoying but not a deal breaker.
    solved that one. Go to the web and click on facebook, login and tick remember me. Close it. Now friendsbook won't ask for password each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    So far, 1.3.5 has been a bit of a bust for me. Issues are:

1. Performance is much worse than 1.3.1, which was worse than 1.2.1. Overall, the experience is bordering on unusable. Opening applications takes much longer, starting with a significant delay between tapping on an icon and have the icon "flash" to show that it has been activated. The Launcher has significant, consistent, and reproducible lag (yes, worse than 1.3.1), at times with second-long lags; needless to say, it's smooth _at all_ as it was before 1.3.1. Performance within applications is worse in many cases, and selecting the drop-down menu can take seconds before the menu is available.

2. Wifi doesn't automatically connect. As someone else mentioned, I have to select the network at which point it connects without issue. I believe this is only after a restart. In another odd twist, I'm not sure that wifi is turning off when the Pre is asleep as it did before. It seems to be running and connected when I wake it up.

3. This isn't specific to 1.3.5, but Bluetooth still isn't working reliably with my Infiniti. As before, it will only connect if Bluetooth has been turned off and then turned back on. Once it's connected, it does not disconnect when I turn the car off, and if the profile is disconnected manually it will not reconnect with the car. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no improvement, in spite of the fact that this was identified by many users in a specific thread on the Palm support forum.

So far, I'm very, very disappointed with this update. I was seriously disliking 1.3.1, and so far I'm absolutely hating 1.3.5.

Update: Seems like some post-install processes must have finished on my Pre or something, because now it's much quicker. I'd say as quick as before 1.3.1, perhaps even quicker in some areas. So, much happier now.

Yes I must agree with u
    Mines took forever to update. Kept going between Palm logo screen and the updating screen. Left it alone for a while and it did its thing and updated in about 30 minutes.
    I'll bet I can throw my Pre farther than you....
    i want to update but the Multi Mod patch will not uninstal even with the emergency patch removal. What should I do?
    when I get a txt or email my phone doesn't wake up it only makes a sound and the little ball starts blinking anybody else having the same problem or is this new in webos 1.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    has anyone noticed a system alert after a restart or luna restart while on the TS? And also a flash of letters right after a restart when the screen just dims.
    I get the same thing.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I removed all patches and Preware, then loaded and installed the update.
    Now all of my apps are wiped. Paid again for checkbook, and now aLL MY INFO IS GONE.
    Is this to be expected?
    Now I have to remember what has and hasn't cleared. Kind of a huge pain.
    did I do something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdechent View Post
    Has anyone used MyTether with the 1.3.5? I want to make sure this works with the new update.
    is ur pre waking up when you get a txt or email? Or does it just make a sound? I been having that problem :/
    when I get a txt or email my phone doesn't wake up it only makes a sound and the little ball starts blinking anybody else having the same problem or is this new in webos 1.3.5
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast