Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Ok I fixed the issue..... I just did a partial erase and that fixed the problem.... hope this helps you
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Problems I have had so far after update.

1. After installing update phone was in offline mode. Turned airplane mode on and then back off to fix.

2. Unable to install applications now. After downloading an app it tells me I need to restart my phone. After restart I get a notification saying that the install failed. Haven't found a fix yet. This one really concerns me. I may be web dr'ing back to old web os for time being.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    is anyone else having a problem with the web browser..? it doesn't load anything, I'm using WIFI and nothing loads.. same with email, it shows up but when I click on it the email doesn't load.
    fixed, it. went on the browser settings and cleared cache, cookies, and history. rebooted and it works again fixed the email issue too!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    New (old) Issue

When the Pre was first released, it had the following issue, which is back now with 1.3.5:
    - I leave my phone hooked up to the charger (charger cable on pc) and it gets to 100%, but then starts LOSING charge - even while it's hooked up.

Any suggestions to fix or explanations as to what I may be doing wrong?

Otherwise, much improved "flow" and patches all working perfectly. Thank you.
    Having all kinds of problems I have posted elsewhere but in addition my ohone too, after 1.3.5 update, does not seem to hold charge. Strange. Burned through extended double life battery in hours - usually lasts me till evening at least, often till late at night. Has been plugged in two hours and has LOST charge. Never had this problem with charge before.
    Ya from what i read about it seems that people are not waiting for it to complete and removeing the battery this update takes 2 or 3 reboots to complete DO NOT YANK YOUR BATTERY JUST SET IT DOWN AND LET IT DO ITS THING... mine rebooted 3 times before it cam up and said YAY your now running the super awesome 1.3.5 WOOT lol ok it didn't say all that but you get the idea Happy new year all...
    try a device reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by timgies View Post
    Problems with launch Sprint Navigation from Contact.

I updated Default Applications to launch Sprint Navigation for addresses. It certainly launches from an open Contact, but locks up on the splash screen. It never displays a map (nor anything else), and the menu doesn't function. Completely unresponsive. If I launch the app stand-alone, it works fine, so Sprint Navigation doesn't seem to be broken. It just doesn't work launching from a contact address.

I've switched the default app back and forth between Google Maps and Sprint Navigation, and did a couple restarts. Google Maps always works, Sprint Navigation never works.
    Confirmed. Exact same behavior. No patches, no homebrew, and everything else works fine.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    looks like a workaround is to launch the sprint nav app first. then tap an address.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timgies View Post
    Problems with launch Sprint Navigation from Contact.

I updated Default Applications to launch Sprint Navigation for addresses. It certainly launches from an open Contact, but locks up on the splash screen. It never displays a map (nor anything else), and the menu doesn't function. Completely unresponsive. If I launch the app stand-alone, it works fine, so Sprint Navigation doesn't seem to be broken. It just doesn't work launching from a contact address.

I've switched the default app back and forth between Google Maps and Sprint Navigation, and did a couple restarts. Google Maps always works, Sprint Navigation never works.
    I have the same problem, though if you have the sprint application up and running, then click the address for the contact, it works.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Anyone running battery monitor after update? I've been running for 1 hr 32 min now and have a "drain per hour" of 4.55. Curious what others are showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Confirmed. Exact same behavior. No patches, no homebrew, and everything else works fine.
    Having the same problem with Sprint Maps. When launching from contacts I just get the splash screen. It hangs after that.
    Last edited by k4ever; 12/29/2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: clarity
    Has anyone notices Exchange Calendar entries not showing up correctly. I have a 30 minute event everyday from 2:30pm - 3:00pm to remind me to enter my time sheet for work. It appears on my Outlook calendar for the correct time. On my Pre in Day View it shows the appointment for 8:00pm-8:30pm, and in Week View it doesn't even show up (None of my events show in Week View). In Day View, if I click on the event, it shows the same 8:00-8:30pm time, but when clicking the Date/Time field and opening it up to adjust, it shows the correct 2:30pm - 3:00pm.

The 'patches' I have installed that may be causing some of this are:
    Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    All-Day Events in Month View

I've removed these patches, no change. Not sure what is going on.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by docjj View Post
    After 1.3.5 update, my Pre boots with palm logo for a long time, then the glowing palm logo, then the system sound is heard, then the main screen displays for about 1 second, then the glowing palm logo appears again with a very fast message about updating then more glowing Palm logo, then main screen. Repeat Repeat...HELP! Native WinOS never modded, patched or themed.
    Yeah, my Pre doesn't restart on itself over and over again, but every time I manually restart via Orange + Sym + R, it shows that quick message stating that it's "Updating System". I'm wondering if this is true of everyone with 1.3.5.
    is anyone having their phone almost freeze after an unlock or a reboot to the point where you can bring up the launcher and not scroll apps or apps not launching. This only happens for 20-30 sec after an unlock but happens every unlock. seems like java is hanging up
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Strange battery issues here too. About an hour ago my phone gave me the "low battery warning" telling me it was going to shut down soon. I had just barely unplugged it from a usb hookup on my desktop computer.

Well I was headed to my car so I plugged it into the car charger. Instantly the battery was green again and the battery meter read that I had 100%.

Glitch with the battery meter? An hour later I'm at 96% with a little bit of e-mail, facebook and twee usage. Odd.
    After installing the battery icon came on, so i just dropped it onto the touchstone, came back about 20 minutes later and everything was just fine.
    my pre just died...it was 90% battery and turned off and wouldn't turn back on. I did a battery pull and now it gets stuck on the palm screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    New (old) Issue

When the Pre was first released, it had the following issue, which is back now with 1.3.5:
    - I leave my phone hooked up to the charger (charger cable on pc) and it gets to 100%, but then starts LOSING charge - even while it's hooked up.

Any suggestions to fix or explanations as to what I may be doing wrong?

Otherwise, much improved "flow" and patches all working perfectly. Thank you.
    That's not a bug, it's a feature. Lithium Ion Batteries cannot absorb overcharge and their total cycle life is SEVERELY hampered by being maintained in the 99-100% charge range; therefor most LI-Ion charging systems charge the batter to 100, then let it discharge to somewhere between 90 and 95 and then charge to 100 again. This applies to laptops, phones, bluetooths, toothbrushes, whatever runs on LI-Ion. If your phone goes below 94% (I think that's the Pre's threshold) while still connected, that may be another issue, but as long as it is between 94 and 100, that's considered fully charged by the charging system and you should appreciate that the system is smart enough not to harm your battery by forcing it to hold 100% charge.
    Anybody else having the launcher open completely empty? no pages, no nothing. Universal search doesnt pull up and apps, either. just contacts and the options for web search...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    As JonVisc pointed out here, It seems the screen no longer lights up when receiving an email. As for me, it's a bug, as I keep it out and keep an eye on it for incoming messages. Now I have to turn the screen on myself to see if it's an email that needs attention asap, or something I can ignore.