Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    not sure this has been mentioned, but my wife just got a pre last night. she set up an even for the kids, but accidentally did it as "all day". It was set up via gmail. Then when we looked at it, i changed it to 1030 to 1130 and it stated the time was 1 hour and 59 seconds.

Anyone else see this?

Also yahoo does not show up under messaging to add an acct. My acct was still there, and not sure if this has to be added via contacts.
    Remember to turn WiFi off if you aren't using the device for several hours (unless you are charging it)!

I left my Pre in my coat pocket for a few hours. When I took it out, it was rather hot and the battery was drained.

This is directly related to WiFi being on and active while the device is otherwise sleeping.

It's a terrific feature, but again, you should turn WiFi off if you won't be using the device and it isn't charging.
    Yes. Had to apply the Doctor to get mine back to working at all.
    I had that happen once. You have to do a partial erase to correct it.
    I had the same issue with downloading apps requiring restarts then failing anyway. I'm not sure if there's a better way to fix it, but I fixed mine with a partial wipe... very annoying

Push gmail and yahoo are failing for me, even after several reboots, but 'check every 5 mins' works fine
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KentBETA View Post
    Yes I am getting this as well..any news on why?
    i had to use the webos doctor on it
    Im having problems installing Precorder on my devise. Note: Precorder worked fine before i updated to 1.3.5. However, after my update i cant seem to get this thing to work. I tried using QI.. I even tried bootstrap.. I followed the wiki instruction. What is the problem? I keep getting this

ERROR Message: An error occurred while attempting to install org.webosinternals.precorder_0.3.3_all(1).ipk

ipkg1).ipk. No such file or directory
    An error occurred, return value:22.
    Can anyone get sms per contact to work?
    problem selved
    Last edited by ericizzy1; 12/29/2009 at 02:27 PM.
    i am now scared to install this update... everyone still having issues with it?
    Yikes! Just realized I lost all cellular and wifi connections - not in airplanne mode, there is NO icon of any kind next to the battery icon! Help!
    Same exact thing here and with my friend's updated Pre. Not good!

Quote Originally Posted by timgies View Post
    Problems with launch Sprint Navigation from Contact.

I updated Default Applications to launch Sprint Navigation for addresses. It certainly launches from an open Contact, but locks up on the splash screen. It never displays a map (nor anything else), and the menu doesn't function. Completely unresponsive. If I launch the app stand-alone, it works fine, so Sprint Navigation doesn't seem to be broken. It just doesn't work launching from a contact address.

I've switched the default app back and forth between Google Maps and Sprint Navigation, and did a couple restarts. Google Maps always works, Sprint Navigation never works.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrypars View Post
    I've noticed the clock on my phone is 15 minutes slow. I did not realize it until I got in my car and saw it's clock.

Update: I reset by doing orange + SYM + R and it's telling the correct time. With the reset I can now get in the app catalog.
    Yeah, mine was off by nearly 20-25 minutes this morning. Glitch from the install? (hopefully. I don't want it to be gradually falling behind all the time.)
    Hi all,

I am still having issues with one-way sync to my Exchange calendar, a pre-existing problem that does not appear to have been fixed with the update. After updating, I reset the "Network Time Zone" option back to on (for those of you familiar with this issue, with a bug in the previous version, the Time Zone had to be manually set to the correct city -- I'm in Boston, but had to be set to New York -- for events entered on the Pre calendar to sync into Exchange).

In 1.3.5, the same issue appears -- after changing the Network Time Zone button to "on", events entered into my Exchange account on my computer show up on my Pre, but events entered into my Pre do not show up on my Exchange account. This is fixed (again) by turning off the Network Time Zone option and setting it to "New York, United States of America (EST)" (none of the other EST cities work, and as before, my phone defaulted to the Cayman Islands -- another sucky thing -- if my phone thinks it's in the Caymans, I wish I could be there too).

At least there's a work-around, but this sucks if you travel a lot (as I do) and are forced to keep your phone in a single time zone instead of using the network time zone.

Just another bug, interested if anyone else continues to experience it.
    New (old) Issue

When the Pre was first released, it had the following issue, which is back now with 1.3.5:
    - I leave my phone hooked up to the charger (charger cable on pc) and it gets to 100%, but then starts LOSING charge - even while it's hooked up.

Any suggestions to fix or explanations as to what I may be doing wrong?

Otherwise, much improved "flow" and patches all working perfectly. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timgies View Post
    Problems with launch Sprint Navigation from Contact.

I updated Default Applications to launch Sprint Navigation for addresses. It certainly launches from an open Contact, but locks up on the splash screen. It never displays a map (nor anything else), and the menu doesn't function. Completely unresponsive. If I launch the app stand-alone, it works fine, so Sprint Navigation doesn't seem to be broken. It just doesn't work launching from a contact address.

I've switched the default app back and forth between Google Maps and Sprint Navigation, and did a couple restarts. Google Maps always works, Sprint Navigation never works.
    I have the same problem. If you start Sprint Nav FIRST then go to contacts and tap an address Sprint Nav will load the address and work correctly. As stated above if you tap the address from contacts Sprint Nav will launch but hang of the splash screen.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    in the email account settings there is a show icon, play sound, vibrate toggle. Show icon needs to be on to see the notifications.
    Done all of that- not working.
    I wonder the folks who are members of this forum, would any of them say they are likely to remove the battery when the screen clearly states "DO NOT REMOVE BATTERY".
    I guess folks who run the forum must have encountered many who have done just that...
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    is anyone else having a problem with the web browser..? it doesn't load anything, I'm using WIFI and nothing loads.. same with email, it shows up but when I click on it the email doesn't load.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsparlin View Post
    Hi all,

I am still having issues with one-way sync to my Exchange calendar, a pre-existing problem that does not appear to have been fixed with the update. After updating, I reset the "Network Time Zone" option back to on (for those of you familiar with this issue, with a bug in the previous version, the Time Zone had to be manually set to the correct city -- I'm in Boston, but had to be set to New York -- for events entered on the Pre calendar to sync into Exchange).

In 1.3.5, the same issue appears -- after changing the Network Time Zone button to "on", events entered into my Exchange account on my computer show up on my Pre, but events entered into my Pre do not show up on my Exchange account. This is fixed (again) by turning off the Network Time Zone option and setting it to "New York, United States of America (EST)" (none of the other EST cities work, and as before, my phone defaulted to the Cayman Islands -- another sucky thing -- if my phone thinks it's in the Caymans, I wish I could be there too).

At least there's a work-around, but this sucks if you travel a lot (as I do) and are forced to keep your phone in a single time zone instead of using the network time zone.

Just another bug, interested if anyone else continues to experience it.
    Yeah, I noticed that this wasn't fixed with this update either. I wonder if this has to do with Sprint's end of "network time zone settings" and not Palm's.
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast