Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 575
  1. #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoAtriedes View Post
    I updated my phone too and it won't download any apps either. i keep getting the system restart 'adjustments' alert also. I guess I'm gonna have to do the revert to default also. Will I lose all the apps I did have installed when I do that? I downloaded some good apps that I don't want to lose.
    Use the Emergency Migration Helper utility in Preware.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #502  
    my battery has been dying really fast since i've gotten 1.3.5 anybody else having this issue? and what should i do about it?
  3. #503  
    Anyone had issues with Network Time? Since the update, if my phone is using network time, It is constantly going between AM and PM. I'll send a txt at 1pm, then someone will reply and it will say "originally sent at 1am" but the time will currently be 1pm. Anyone else had these weird time issues?
  4. #504  
    I can't get the webOS quickinstall to recocnize the phoe after the update. I had a problem with update aswell and talked with Palm the made me do a Parsial erase under Phone Info, Reset Options, partial erase, any ways has anyone else had the problem of not reading the phone after update?
  5. #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by garrettdini View Post
    my battery has been dying really fast since i've gotten 1.3.5 anybody else having this issue? and what should i do about it?
    @garrettdini - I've been having the same problem. I'm going to contact Sprint or Palm tomorrow. I have turned off GPS services, and set my mail to manual pull. Still *something* is running it down and I'm at a loss as to what else I can turn off and what could have changed since 1.3.5. The only way I can stop the drain is to put the phone in airplane mode, and thus pretty much rendering it useless.

    If anyone else has ideas, please share what you know.

    Thanks
  6. #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldheadmatt View Post
    I can't get the webOS quickinstall to recocnize the phoe after the update. I had a problem with update aswell and talked with Palm the made me do a Parsial erase under Phone Info, Reset Options, partial erase, any ways has anyone else had the problem of not reading the phone after update?
    Two suggestions:

    1) Make sure you have Dev Mode turned on

    2) With webOSQI open, click on File, Options. There should be a box to click on that says, "Attempt to Reinstall Novacom." Click this, let it do it's thing, and you should be good to go.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  7. #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by namurray1 View Post
    Interesting. It won't update any apps that it says are eligible for updates. I continue to get a message stating that the updates failed.
    Me too...
  8. #508  
    Anyone able to log in to Yahoo IM? Mine just stays stuck at "Signing In" after the last update.
  9. #509  
    the 1.3.5 update got installed without patches being removed, what are the chances fixing broken patches and have them functionning again?

    thanks
  10. #510  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnell View Post
    the 1.3.5 update got installed without patches being removed, what are the chances fixing broken patches and have them functionning again?

    thanks
    Run Emergency Patch Recovery, found in Preware, right away. Tap on Preware, List of Everything, start typing "emerg..." and Emergency Patch Recovery will come up as an option. It installs and removes itself. Reboot. You will then have to reinstall your patches. To keep this from happening again, you might want to check my sig for instructions to disable automatic updates.
    I ♥ my Pre.
  11. #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Run Emergency Patch Recovery, found in Preware, right away. Tap on Preware, List of Everything, start typing "emerg..." and Emergency Patch Recovery will come up as an option. It installs and removes itself. Reboot. You will then have to reinstall your patches. To keep this from happening again, you might want to check my sig for instructions to disable automatic updates.
    sorry i'm a noob, what's a preware and where should emergency patch recovery be found? I use webos quick install, if that could be of an information.

    good thing now, I am pretty confident in fixing the issue
  12. #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnell View Post
    sorry i'm a noob, what's a preware and where should emergency patch recovery be found? I use webos quick install, if that could be of an information.

    good thing now, I am pretty confident in fixing the issue
    Use webOS Quick Install to download Preware to your phone, following these instructions.

    Once you have Preware installed on your phone, follow the instructions in my previous post.
    I ♥ my Pre.
  13. #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Ok, after searching the forums, I can't find anything on this. After updating to 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1, every time I write an email reply, it adds extra lines (spaces) before my signature that I must delete. When i just type an email, all spacing is fine. Maybe someone can make a patch for this problem, or am I the only one having a problem with this?
    Got the same problem. Anyone found a solution or cause of this? It only seems to be mentioned a couple times in all of the threads, so is this an isolated issue having to do with a patch?
  14. #514  
    HERE IS YOUR FIX BY Baldheadmatt. The best way to fix all of the third part app problems and the App Louncher giving you a restart problem after update 1.3.5 is to do a Full Erase. To do this open Phone Info app, scroll down to Reset Options and tap that, then scroll down to Full Erase and tap. Once you get it back up sign into your profile and let it install all of your apps from the App Launcher and Cantacts, NOTE, THIS WILL NOT DELETE ITEM STORED ON THE USB HARD DRIVE PORTION. You should still have the update 1.3.5. After compleating those steps you can start installing the Third party apps againg with no Problems. Everything works as if the update was never installed. The reason for the problems is the update jams the scripts and causes even some of the Palm apps to not work correcty, but when installed first it will understand the scripts correctly.
  15. #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Use webOS Quick Install to download Preware to your phone, following

    Once you have Preware installed on your phone, follow the instructions in my previous post.
    Thanks! I have all the steps done and some patches came back to normal, however I seem not to get my 4x4 launcher icons, any suggestions?
  16. #516  
    hey everyone,

    I just went to best buy, got a new pre due to the update failur ROM issue. While at Best Buy I did the update to 1.3.5.1, worked great. Now when I start making a call, the screen goes dark as if I had the phone next to my head when I dont and I cannot get it to come back. Any ideas at least how to turn off this feature??
  17. #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnell View Post
    Thanks! I have all the steps done and some patches came back to normal, however I seem not to get my 4x4 launcher icons, any suggestions?
    All I can think of is to open webOS Quick Install and see if the patch is installed. Look for it in both "patches" and "applications" (I know it's odd, but this is what I've read). If you find it, remove it. It may give you an error: disregard this. Restart your phone, or do a luna restart, and check to see that the patch is gone. If it is, you can try to reinstall it again via Quick Install or Preware.

    If it isn't, I would wait for Jason Robitaille to update his webOS Repair Utility for 1.3.5.1 and try that.
    I ♥ my Pre.
  18. #518  
    after updating and removing all patches and themes, i've tried to re install preware using webos quick installer but luck, its not even on the Pre App Gallery Feed. I've also tried to download it from the web extract it drag and drop with not luck. Any ideas? Man I PREWARE BACK!
  19. #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpbuddha View Post
    How exactly did you uninstall Quick Install? Did you just delete the program? Did you uninstall novacomd?
    yea just delete it thats what i did,...and now its working perfectly
  20. #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by debasser View Post
    Anyone had issues with Network Time? Since the update, if my phone is using network time, It is constantly going between AM and PM. I'll send a txt at 1pm, then someone will reply and it will say "originally sent at 1am" but the time will currently be 1pm. Anyone else had these weird time issues?
    I too am having issues with the time reverting from AM to PM and vise versa. The time is always off not allowing for any alerts and alarms to work correctly among a list of other issue this is causing. This has been happening since the last update that was suppose to correct calendar issues from the previous update. Also, it seems that when my Palm Pre goes into what I call standby mode (meaning not doing anything with it) the time stops working. I went in and turned of the Network settings and set it myself but that didn't correct the issue. Anyone know if this is another issue that we need to wait for another patch to correct this patch or have any ideas on how to fix this. This is really causing work issues for me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions