Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njacobson View Post
    I was having trouble getting webos quick install to work after the update. I ended up uninstalling it. Redownloading it, and reinstalling. I had to go into the options and tell it to reinstall novacom before mine worked again.
    How exactly did you uninstall Quick Install? Did you just delete the program? Did you uninstall novacomd?
    anyone know if the screen lock bypass patch is still around after the 1.3.5.1 i cant seem to find it in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpbuddha View Post
    I am getting the "No device detected message." I just finished updating to 1.3.5.1 and tried cnnecting my phone and redownoading Preware from the quick install and it wont detect my device.

I have tried restarting Palm Novacom and I have restarted everything (phone, computer, and software) repeatedly.

Please help.
    DEV mode on? Here's the sequence that works for me 100% of the time:

- turn devmode on (reset)
    - start wosqi
    - plug in USB
    - now you can use wosqi menus

if this doesn't work, reboot PC and try to reinstall novacom thru wosqi.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpbuddha View Post
    How exactly did you uninstall Quick Install? Did you just delete the program? Did you uninstall novacomd?
    just deleted the file from my computer. I think under options in webos quick install, there's a button to reinstall novacomd - I couldn't find where to uninstall it, but the reinstall seemed to work.
    Last edited by njacobson; 01/06/2010 at 06:17 PM.
    As with a lot of people, I had some issues after the 1.3.5 update. I ended up running WebOS Doctor and things seem to be up and running again, but I have a few remaining issues. I've read this complete thread, and haven't seen any solutions to these:

1- no more sprint apps - including Sprint TV and Sprint Navigation (did I use a non-sprint version of WebOS doctor???

2- no more ring tones or backgrounds or help files - I've been able to add ringtones and backgrounds via USB drive connection, but is there somewhere that I can download the default files that came with the pre?

3- duplicate contacts - looks like my palm contacts and my facebook contacts aren't 'synergizing' I can manually link them, but I'm pretty sure it all meshed up seamlessly when I first got the phone and synced my outlook contacts with facebook... maybe it's contacts entered under my palm profile that are the issue?

4- can't change my 'default applications' everything is gray/unselectable. never tried this before, so maybe it's always been that way, but there are a few that I would like to change.

If you have some/all solutions for these, I would appreciate the info!
    After I removed my original patches before the update...I updated my phone, and then used my Preware to add patches back to my phone. I also decided to add a few new patches, as well. Well, I decided I was not fond of the new patches I installed.

So, I went back to Preware to unistall them, but for some reason not one patch was part of my installed packages!!! So, as a last resort, I tried EPR to remove all patches, and then add the patches I wanted one-by-one.

But, When I tried to run EPR, I receive an "error installing" message. My guess, the EPR can't see any patch that I have installed, for some strange reason.

All of the patches I installed are all working, but there are a few that I MUST delete. How do I do this without doing something detrimental to my phone? I do not have any themes installed.

HELP!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Am I the only one who got this error message?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that my battery was completely topped off and I had run Emergency Patch removal tool earlier today. Never had a theme installed
    Same thing happened to me. I had to run WebOSDoctor 5 times to get it to work. FYI for anyone having trouble, make sure your plugged into USB 2.0, that did it for me.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    battery life sucks a golf ball through a garden hose
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by kgrant1913 View Post
    But, When I tried to run EPR, I receive an "error installing" message. My guess, the EPR can't see any patch that I have installed, for some strange reason.

All of the patches I installed are all working, but there are a few that I MUST delete. How do I do this without doing something detrimental to my phone? I do not have any themes installed.

After my Pre took it upon itself to install the 1.3.5 update without asking me (or giving me the opportunity to uninstall my patches first), I, too, got an error running the EPR. However, when I tried (as suggested in this forum) running the Emergency Migration Helper instead (also uninstall/reinstall Package Management Services and Preware), it fixed things up, got rid of the old patches, and enabled me to reinstall the ones I wanted without errors.

(Unfortunately, unlike most people who've posted about trying this, I still can't get the official App Catalog to work, but Preware and patches work fine.)

I hope this helps

Rebecca
    Anyone figure out how to get IMAP e-mail notifications to work and get rid of that annoying CAUTION triangle?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz28o View Post
    when I check for updates it say "click to see list of updates" when I click it, it lists the apps installed, but it does not update them. Anyone else?
    Yes, mine too. Any fix for this?
    I am suddenly getting this message when I try to view my missed calls or call log. template load failed: callog/listcontainer.htm.

Anyone knows why?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hey Im using TweeFree and Tweed for twitter
    dont know if anyone else is using it
    but after updating to 1.3.5
    i could no longer see what tweets people actually reply to or im having a conversation back and forth with
    ... it just shows their tweet .. and not what there replying to :S
    ??? is any one having the problem

also nothing is installing from the app catalog
    everything is always failing :S
    Last edited by demick514; 01/07/2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    everytime i restart my palm prre
    it goes throught a quick updating system :S

Does it do that with anyone else?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    This 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1 update is horrible, like others, no notification of emails (BIG FAIL) poor battery life, Phone Offline so bad the phone is useless, (I don't use exchange) and if I try to sync more then Google Contacts, (add facebook, linkedin another BIG FAIL) and if I add an event to my calendar and it is done to Google calendar, it starts to go offline.

I am running the 1.3.1 build and I need to figure out how to kill updates until Palm can ensure those of us out here they aren't going to bork our phones. This was a great phone before this wonderful 1.3.5 update.

I guess I will spend my weekend figuring out what Palm did wrong. (BIG BIG FAIL)
    Last edited by dthurman; 01/07/2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    David E Thurman
    Downstate Illinois ARPH Representative/Coordinator

david.e.thurman@gmail.com
    (309) 222-5211 (mobile - text)
    @aussierescueil (twitter)
    www.aussierescueil.com (blog)

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." Mark Twain
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pscherry78 View Post
    After the 1.3.5 update, my Pre stopped giving me e-mail notifications. I had it set to get email "As Items Arrive", but the only way it would get my e-mail is if I told it to refresh. I have since tried setting it for a time (30 or 15min) and still I don't get any new email notifications.
    I think Palm may know about this issue with IMAP (Palm Support Community: Wireless Email: IMAP Notifications broken after 1.3.5 for read messages), but I'm not sure what to do in the meantime.
    Since I have first gotten my Pre, I have had constant issues with the "yellow triangle". Almost once a week I have had to Unlock my Gmail account (Gmail Help:My client isn't accepting my username and password), but that has gotten worse with 1.3.5
    Looks like plenty of people are having problems with the IMAP idle command not working right. I've been having the same issue, and I think it's related to wifi. I'm switching wifi off for a day to see, and so far it's working fine. Unfortunately, I'm on wifi nearly all day, so this isn't a very good solution for me. Does anybody else with the problem (Yellow triangle w/ exclamation point on email, not getting emails pushed down) want to test this as well?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    im really new to all this
    im having troubles with the app catalog not installing anything at all

ive been running preware and alot of apps
    would i need to WebOs Doctor it .. or do a full reset

but i dont want to lose all my contacts
    do i just do the BackUp in the Launcher menu .. or is there something else to do?
    My phone is going crazy now. I updated to 1.3.5.1 and now I can't install preware or the package managing service via webosqi. If I even try to install those things my phone slows to a crawl and the oh so famous "too many cards" notification pops up. Without preware and package managing service, my pre runs fine though. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by SallySmo View Post
    I didn't notice the extra lines until I read this - but I also have the issue with a reply.

Additionally, after 1.3.5.1 - calendar updates entered directly on my exchange calendar sync with the phone no problem - but if i enter a calendar entry on the phone directly, it does NOT sync to the computer. I manually attempted to sync now under the calendar preferences, but no go. Anyone else with this???
    I have the same problem. Just noticed it today regarding the calendar. waiting for Palm engineers to contact me back. Have you heard anything or figured out a way to correct??
    I have the same problem with exchange and calendar syncing in only one direction. I have reported it to palm and waiting for a call back. Have you found a way to resolve the issue?