Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timgies View Post
    Problems with launch Sprint Navigation from Contact.

I updated Default Applications to launch Sprint Navigation for addresses. It certainly launches from an open Contact, but locks up on the splash screen. It never displays a map (nor anything else), and the menu doesn't function. Completely unresponsive. If I launch the app stand-alone, it works fine, so Sprint Navigation doesn't seem to be broken. It just doesn't work launching from a contact address.

I've switched the default app back and forth between Google Maps and Sprint Navigation, and did a couple restarts. Google Maps always works, Sprint Navigation never works.
    It looks like Palm has acknowledged this issue. I'll post a link in the next post (since this one makes my count 10 and able to post links!)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timgies View Post
    Problems with launch Sprint Navigation from Contact.

I updated Default Applications to launch Sprint Navigation for addresses. It certainly launches from an open Contact, but locks up on the splash screen. It never displays a map (nor anything else), and the menu doesn't function. Completely unresponsive. If I launch the app stand-alone, it works fine, so Sprint Navigation doesn't seem to be broken. It just doesn't work launching from a contact address.

I've switched the default app back and forth between Google Maps and Sprint Navigation, and did a couple restarts. Google Maps always works, Sprint Navigation never works.
    Ok, trying again with link. It looks like Palm has acknowledged this issue with launching Sprint Nav from contacts. A fix? Who knows...

Re: Sprint Nav from contact screen does not work 1.3.5 - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    G'day folks!
    First time poster, longer time reader.

Following my 1.3.5 update, I've found that:
    Given: Pre is on
    Given: Pre is connected to a computer via USB
    Given: Pre is set to "JUST CHARGE"

If I press Orange+U to make a closed-paren ")", the phone goes into USB drive mode! This is particularly bad when texting or email and attempting and emoticon!

Can anyone confirm this is true? If so, can someone remind me of the submission procedure for bug reports?

Thanks
    Jon
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have lost picture mail with the 1.3.5 update, is something turned off that I am unaware of? Can't send or receive images via text messaging..........can anyone help?
    I've noticed two problems with the 1.3.5 that I've been having. First, I can't seem to log into any my IM accounts on the Messaging App. Also, my Mail app no longer displays "All Folders" or accounts or whatever (I liked being able to view all my email from all my accounts at once). I find neither of these two problems to be that big of deal, as I rarely use any of my IM accounts (not to mention they are already set up to just forward it to my phone if I'm not signed on), and I can just look at each email account individually. Still, it is a minor annoyance.

Also, since the update, I have run webos doctor, and the problems persist.
    I can receive email messages but not send. Same goes for text messages. I posted this on the Palm OS support board, and go no response. Has anyone got a fix for this? I'm not using Gmail or Yahoo messenger and do not have any patches or Homebrew aps.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vidioteic View Post
    G'day folks!
    First time poster, longer time reader.

Following my 1.3.5 update, I've found that:
    Given: Pre is on
    Given: Pre is connected to a computer via USB
    Given: Pre is set to "JUST CHARGE"

If I press Orange+U to make a closed-paren ")", the phone goes into USB drive mode! This is particularly bad when texting or email and attempting and emoticon!

Can anyone confirm this is true? If so, can someone remind me of the submission procedure for bug reports?

Thanks
    Jon
    I thought the keystroke was Orange+Sym+U to shift into USB mode while connected to your PC. I tried just the two keystrokes together while plugged into the computer and I couldn't reproduce your "problem".
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I got a message tonight that Palm OS 1.3.5.1 is available for update now. I am uninstalling my patches and themes. I will report back as soon as I know more.
    Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    Anybody else having their Pre restart itself, randomly, after this update? Not directly after updating...I mean like the next day, or so. Mine has done it twice over the last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    Anybody else having their Pre restart itself, randomly, after this update? Not directly after updating...I mean like the next day, or so. Mine has done it twice over the last week.
    I've had no such issues. just loaded 1.3.5.1.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    Yes, myself and many others have posted about this issue in this thread and others. It also likes to get stuck on the Palm logo while loading and VERY quickly drain your battery if you're not paying attention. You have to keep pulling the battery until it boots correctly. Major major bug.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    1.3.5.1 update: universal search on my device is not able to locate or launch web pages that have been set to launcher. The google search in universal search is not working.
    Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpwhite4914 View Post
    I've had no such issues. just loaded 1.3.5.1.
    i meant 1.3.5....gonna see if it does it after the 1.3.5.1 update
    Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    Yes, myself and many others have posted about this issue in this thread and others. It also likes to get stuck on the Palm logo while loading and VERY quickly drain your battery if you're not paying attention. You have to keep pulling the battery until it boots correctly. Major major bug.
    haaven't had the issue of getting stuck on the logo, but at least the self-restarting is not just me
    Quote Originally Posted by tawny1685 View Post
    for some reason my pre automatically downloaded 1.3.5. so i didnt get a chance to remove any patches or anything. now whenever i click on preware it says "OnFeeds Error" TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined. then it goes to the preware menu but all the choices are grayed out so it does nothing when i try to select anything. what can i do to fix this??? thanks.
    I had the same problem and this is what I did:

* hooked up my pre to my laptop and set it to "just charge"
    * then I opened up my WebOSQuickInstall {for some reason the preware icon
    * was there but both the preware and the package manager were missing)
    * I re-installed them both
    * then I went to Tools, Device Manager, and checked off Preware and the package manager, click Uninstall.
    * then I restarted (not turned off) the phone
    * then I reinstalled preware and package manager
    * then I restarted (not turned off) the phone

Then after that preware worked for me. Granted the apps I downloaded are gone but at least it's up and running again ^^

Best of luck
    I havent read all of this thread but I am having a serious problem forwarding messages. I received a PDF file from someone and tried to forward it to someone else and they are not receiving the PDF attachment. My fiance is having the same issue, Is anyone have this issue or even a fix besides logging into mobile site and forwarding it that way?
    every once in awhile i will notice that the battery icon says that the battery is critically low -but when i touch the icon it comes back

the battery will be in the red until i tap it and then it goes back up -usually happens if it has been in my pocket or something -anybody else have this issue

this happens with 1.3.5.1 as well
    Just wanted to post that both my Palm Pre, as well as my husband's Palm Pre, crashed post WebOS 1.3.5 update. The both of us did the upgrade on 12/29/2009 - his phone died 1/1/2010, and mine died last night. Thankfully we both had our "old" phones (HTC Mogul for my husband, HTC Touch Pro for me), and his was replaced on Monday. I'm heading up to our local Sprint Store in a couple of hours to order my replacement, as well as activate my old phone. I did not read through this thread - are there any others who have also experienced a crash post upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksin View Post
    Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i webosdoctored my pixi to 1.3.5 the other day and this morning none of my alarms went off and i was late for work. i removed all of the alarms and put them back, seems to be working for now. is this a bug? i hope palm fixes this becuase it seems to me their are alot of issues with 1.3.5.
    same for me. after 1.3.5 the alarm just randomly changes itslef all the time. i have to leave the alarm app open in the card view to keep it from changing itself. ill try remaking each alarm but i bet that doesnt work.
    My little problems seem so trivial after reading all (yes, I read every single post) of this thread.

Pre email is sync'd with GMAIL and some of my email messages are not showing the first part of the text. It's as if it removes everything but the signature. I can still see the entire message if I get on my computer and go to gmail, but reading the messages from the Pre is impossible. Maybe 20% of messages are like this. Only started happening after the 1.3.5 update (which itself went fine).

Also have had the stupid thing lock up twice, the last time the reboot wouldn't work, had to pull the battery twice - the second time I let it cool down a bit before putting it back in and all is well. No other problems noted, but then I'm not a "power" user either like so many of you folks.