Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Also just discovered that the upper right menu for whatever app was last opened in the launcher stays until I open another app, but I never get the launcher menu. Sigh. Anyone know a fix for this?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    has anyone noticed a system alert after a restart or luna restart while on the TS? And also a flash of letters right after a restart when the screen just dims.
    I had trouble with my home screen freezing after the 1.3.5 update was up and running and I also noticed the flash of letters at the bottom of the screen similar to when it first booted after the update. This flash of letters happened on 3 restarts after pulling the battery, but now my pre is running fine and I don't have the letters flashing at the bottom of the screen anymore. I don't know if the freezing was from the update or the SR 500 patch that I reinstalled (removed the patch), but I had that patch running for a month on 1.3.1 with no problems.
    I have 2
    1. about 95% of my contacts are gone!!!
    2. can't reinstall themes
    I did an erase and reloaded my palm profile but my contacts are gone. I'll be calling palm tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    I have 2
    1. about 95% of my contacts are gone!!!
    2. can't reinstall themes
    I did an erase and reloaded my palm profile but my contacts are gone. I'll be calling palm tomorrow
    Don't bother. Palm profile doesn't backup contacts like it says it does.

Make a google account and use that as your default profile. I had, and my others, happen to me too. They can't help you.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    After the 1.3.5 update I did the "full erase" thing the one where you hold Sym + the orange/Option key + power for 10 seconds and now when i connect my Palm Pixi to the computer my downloads folder is empty even though I have applications downloaded. Does anybody know why?
    The M:Racing/Vampire/Mafia/Quest dont load all the way on 1.3.5, even after re downloading.
    neone else having the problem of their doc view an pdf view not working ?
    Looks like I'll be taking a trip to the 1.3.5 Doctor, I hope it comes out soon.
    I just ran the update app and it's saying 1.3.5 is available, It's already installed.
    Damn. It' just notified my I might as well doctor it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    how the hell can i get the landscape email patch and virtual keyboard back? I NEED THOSE
    You may wish to reconsider your approach to asking for help from those that provide software to you at no charge on a volunteer basis ...

Virtual Keyboard has not been ported to 1.3.5 - the author didn't get early access sorted out in time.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The biggest issue for me is that they put an access code on ##USBPASS# which means I can't connect to Novacomd any more.

If anyone is planning on turning on the diag port (mpt 0d) make SURE that you do it through Terminal on the physical device, because you'll have no way to disable (mpt disable) it if you're connecting through Novaterm.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    It seems that reinstalling the GNU patch and Diffstat from Quick Install, and then the package manager service followed by Preware solved the recurring failed installation problem in the app catalog as well as the preware & my backup problem. I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam7425 View Post
    It seems that reinstalling the GNU patch and Diffstat from Quick Install, and then the package manager service followed by Preware solved the recurring failed installation problem in the app catalog as well as the preware & my backup problem. I hope this helps.
    Yeah, 0.9.24.3 should fix the app catalog problem.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    i honestly have had no problems after the update (except for what i thought were problems) nor did my girlfriend. only thing that i noticed was video playback when streaming is soooo much smoother heck the whole web browsing experience is alot smoother and better. hope everyone gets everything sorted out and RWHITBY yes it has been a long day lol good night/morning all thx for the help
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    can't download photos in browser, says it saves photo,but cannot find in photo album.

also, font scaling/rendering seems off in web browser.

1.3.5 seems faster. Love it so far.
    Preware and webOS 1.3.5 status: http://bit.ly/preware-135-status

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I've noticed the clock on my phone is 15 minutes slow. I did not realize it until I got in my car and saw it's clock.

Update: I reset by doing orange + SYM + R and it's telling the correct time. With the reset I can now get in the app catalog.
    Last edited by kerrypars; 12/29/2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Update
    Well, here's a new one: my keyboard has completely stopped working. I've just reset, partial reset, pulled everything off, but still no dice. Can't even restore my profile, since I can't type in my information. Now trying a battery pull...hope that helps. {Jonathan}

UPDATE: Phew, that worked! Keyboard back. If you have a similar problem, try the battery pull. {J}
    Last edited by Jonathan I Ezor; 12/29/2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Solution found!
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I still don't think you sleep Rod! Your amazing...
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrypars View Post
    I've noticed the clock on my phone is 15 minutes slow. I did not realize it until I got in my car and saw it's clock.
    My clock was 25 minutes behind!
    Ok, with all of these issues/errors does anyone get the impression that Palm has 1 junior developer and 2 interns working on webOS or what?

Or, is it more that people with patches/modifications don't get them fully removed or don't understand their full impact on the OS and are getting hosed when Palm pushes updates that expect things to be one way but they are not??
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast