Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Since the update to 1.3.5, none of calendar entries are visible any longer. 99.9% are in my synched Outlook calendar from work. I know the entries are still there somewhere, because I've received 2 different reminders this morning for events later today. In addition, I created 2 test entries this morning, both of which also provided the reminder alerts, and both of which will open from the reminder message. However, none of the entries actually appear in the calendar view (day, week or month). I had no themes to uninstall before the update, and did remove all patches first. The update performed without incident. I've hit "Synch Now" several times without any success. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by tw1st3d View Post
    i uninstalled all of my patches before the i updated my phone tuesday. but wednsday morning my automatically restarted itself and it won't go pass the black screen with the word "palm" ...on my way to a sprint repair center.. but i know they won't be able to do anything with it!

Have you tried pulling your battery? I am occasionally having this issue when I reset the phone, but pulling the battery fixes it every time - so far, anyway.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My main issue is not being able to download apps off the app store, it downloads it than wen it trys to install it says failed to install than at the bottom portion of the screen it says to either "restart" or "canal" ive done so many restarts already, and it wont update any of the available updates either....anybody have any clue why this is happening??
    Bless you, GregV. Your calendar synch fix worked, painful as it was to go through. I was even able to keep my calendar events after switching back to network settings. I wondered if it would have been easier if I had changed the year before changing the month?

Sprint/Palm software engineers should be drawn and quartered for pushing out an update that caused such a drastic, obvious and horrendous problem.
    read this thread please. Not a true fix--based on the different reactions that have happened, but it will work.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2123574
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Have you tried pulling your battery? I am occasionally having this issue when I reset the phone, but pulling the battery fixes it every time - so far, anyway.
    That happened to me too. I did take my battery out and replaced it but when I plugged the phone in all I got was a Big Question Mark on the screen. Took the phone to Sprint thinking I needed a new battery but the whole phone needs to replaced. Kicking it old school with my old phone until I receive my replacement Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary737 View Post
    That happened to me too. I did take my battery out and replaced it but when I plugged the phone in all I got was a Big Question Mark on the screen. Took the phone to Sprint thinking I needed a new battery but the whole phone needs to replaced. Kicking it old school with my old phone until I receive my replacement Pre.
    That sucks! I guess I'll have to keep hoping it works for me. Hope your new phone works great.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Even after the 1.3.5 update i still get the too many cards open warning. Anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I think you're in the wrong thread. None of what you mention appears to be issues with the 1.3.5 update. There is a different known issues thread that talks about build quality and anything else you want to rant about.

Those of us, checking out this thread, are looking for issues you've uncovered that you believe to be tied to the 1.3.5 update.
    Right, certain things occurred after the 1.3.5 update, one of them which happened to be the camera locked up the phone. I consider the camera issue directly tied to 1.3.5 since its never frozen on me in the past. So no, I am not in the wrong thread.

Unfortunately with so many pages of replies I don't expect everyone to read and digest each and every post.

A few of the things I found had changed in the update: It's snappier but only so much as it now behaves as it did before the last update. Status Quo is not success for me. I'm glad they fixed that part but there was a disconnect with the previous update that made the phone unbearably slow and I suspect they knew about it and took corrective action. I also noticed they changed the screen lock again back to its original confi,guration. Its this flip flopping back and forth thats annoying.

I veered off trying to explain myself, to the self absorbed mediocre genius I had the displeasure of responding to, so I won't continue on that track and he rates no responses from me.

However, I am looking forward to Palm fixing the major issues and finally utilizing the GPU which should go a long way to improving the performance of the handset.
    Quote Originally Posted by haderach View Post
    My phone continues to have the same problem with going offline, extremely slow, and draining the battery extremely quickly as it goes through trying to re-establish connection every minute or so.

After a few days of 1.3.5 and a few more times running WebOS Doctor, I know the problem is definitely a 1.3.5 problem, at least on some devices. I've tried doctoring with 1.3.1 and then updating, and then after the 1.3.5 webos doctor came out, i used that last night. I performed a full erase before the latest doctor, so it is an absolutely clean device with just my profile applied. My suspicion at this point is that it's related to the Exchange calendar sync.

I think I may just go back to 1.3.1 until this all gets resolved. A shame because I actually like the new snappiness of 1.3.5.
    Do you have an exchange account linked on your Pre?
    When I have me exchange account linked mine acts like this, but not when I remove it (and that can be difficult to do, have to try like 10-15 times).
    the behavior is that of the Java crashing and rebooting.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I get the yellow triangle error in my IMAP email accounts, but only when using wifi. With wifi off I have no problems with IMAP and the emails are pushed correctly.
    I just replaced my Pre because I had an unresponsive Power/Sleep button and volume rocker. When I got the new Pre in the store, it updated itself with my Palm Profile, adding all my contacts and even my notes. It was a few weeks out-dated, but I wasn't too beat up about it. I updated to 1.3.5 and now none of my Palm Profile contacts are there. I lost ALL of my phone numbers that weren't through Facebook. My calendars weren't there, but I just had to re-add my calendar accounts and they showed up.

Anyone know if there is a way to force the Pre to Sync with my Palm profile? Or is my profile just lost completely? Am I the only one having this problem? I feel like this has to have happened to someone else, but I didn't find anything when I searched except the calendar issues.

*Update* I did a hard reset (Full Erase) on my phone and re-entered my Palm Profile password when it finished. It remembered all of my other accounts this time (AIM, Gmail, Yahoo, Facebook, and Photobucket). It had me enter my password for each of them respectively and all of my contacts are back now. My calendar is still in tact, as well.
    Last edited by JeffeyPop; 01/02/2010 at 08:13 PM.
    anybody getting 'too many cards' on the pixi, despite having few (or none) open?
    has anyone ever had the messenger app just keep saying "signing in..." for hours on end/indefinitely (even though it's already actually online)?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    2. Wifi doesn't automatically connect. As someone else mentioned, I have to select the network at which point it connects without issue. I believe this is only after a restart.
    Happened this morning when I took it off the Touchstone, where it had been working last night (i.e. not after a restart). Wifi icon was there, and in the menu it listed the name of my home network. I could only tell that it wasn't working by trying to ping from my computer. That's what seems like the worst part, that it sometimes "goes bad" and you can't tell that it has done so. (I could open Terminal and run ipconfig eth0 and see no address, or maybe run an app like MyIP and see a non-local address). Turning wifi off and back on fixed the problem.
    I tried to use the help menu to delete an app (actually trying to delete icons the app is gone in one case and with evernote two icons downloaded) and the help comes up not available, anyone else have his?

PS I Never tried my help before so maybe it was deleted prior.
    Larry
    Quote Originally Posted by foxfamily238 View Post
    okay.. the webos quick install will NOT install MANY of the patches that was working just fine prior to the stupid update. it also will not show the patches in the device management. It shows the "programs" but the "patches" is blank.

I've confirmed that our other pre with 1.3.1 os (not the update) shows and works fine with the web quick install.

Is there a NEWER version that will work with the new screwed up, dumb, 1.3.5?
    Check your WebOS Quick Install version, should be 2.96, if not, update it...
    They are definitely in the phone. If you look at the monthly view your appointments are still shaded. It is in the weekly and daily that you can't see anything.
    I'm really wanting to join in the 1.3.5 fun, but I haven't seen the automated push yet and manually launching "Updates" doesn't show it to me either. It there some location-based push or some-such that's not been turned on for Sprint in Dallas yet? Anything I can do to force a pull from the net for the update?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    After experiencing the 1.35/Exchange Calendar issue, I thought it was a problem with Agenda. I deleted Agenda, then found the workaround. I applied the workaround - got my calendar back - reinstalled Agenda. My remaining problem: Agenda was on my Quick Launch Bar when I deleted it. Upon reinstalling Agenda, I could not locate the Icon to launch the program on either my Quick Launch bar or on any of the Launcher pages. However, when I use Universal Search to find the program, it appears and can be successfully started. - I don't think this is a problem specifically with Agenda, but possibly because it resided on my Quick Launch bar when I initially deleted it. I thought this was a good place to post my issue and request for assist with a fix. Appreciate any recommendations and Happy New Year to all!