Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    Im sure none of us want or need your Capt Obvious sarcasm either, what was even the point of your post??

id say a majority of us are not complaining, we are voicing the issues and concerns with what we are experiencing, in hopes that it will eventually get fixed ... this phone is really pretty crappy, compared to other smartphones capabilities, when its all stripped clean
    Ahh, the post tweaked you. Well, that wasn't my intention but whatever. I find it funny I have to explain to you this phone sucks. Seriously, you're holding on too tightly and thats not logical. I want this phone to be better, I want it to perform as expected. But it is not. With something as mundane as taking a photo fails there's a problem.

Since I haven't modified my phone at all this makes it all the more frustrating for me. So, I stick with Skype on my laptop for most of my communications instead of the phone.

Now I have to wrestle with the volume being completely broken for no apparent reason other than cheap, inferior hardware.
    Welp, today was a bad day.

I visited the closest Sprint store to see if they could fix my bricked Pre. I told the tech exactly what happened (error in middle of 1.3.5 update, I tried multiple versions of WebOSdoc, etc etc) He listened to my story and told me to give him ~30 minutes. I waited an hour before he returned, only to tell me that he was unable get the phone working and they would have to order me a refurbished replacement phone, and that it would take a week to get there. It turns out all the guy did was run the same damn WebOSdoc from Palm's site that I had tried the night before. What the hell, seriously?
    Turns out this Sprint store was a third party certified location (you would never know from being in there, it was set up exactly like a real Sprint store), so they didn't have access to some of the internal Sprint repair tools.

I then went to another Sprint store, this one was an "official one". Again, I told them my story, they said it would be ~30 minutes. A half hour later and the lady returned with my phone, and told me they couldn't fix it, would have to order a refurb replacement etc, and it would take 4 days. I am going to be without a phone until at least Tuesday.

Instead of giving me one of the many new ones they had in stock, they order me a USED one. Thanks Sprint product protection plan, you piece of garbage. My phone is in mint condition physically; I have taken such good care of it and it really ****es me off to know I am going to have to give it up in exchange for a possibly scratched up, beaten up used one. If it was my fault I might be less angry, but I did nothing wrong and my phone bricked itself with the 1.3.5 update.

What a nightmare. I've never had to deal with this much BS over a phone before. I will definitely not be a Sprint customer when my contract is up.
    I got a refurbished one from Sprint, and it was in "like new" condition. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt unless they send you one like you're imagining. I paid and extra $20 in it was on my doorstep 12 hours later. Good luck...
    My Damn calendar just wont sync with my exhange folder after patch.

Anyone else having this problem?

It was working flawlessly before I updated to 1.3.5

Just realized my palm profile caledar wont sync as well......Crap

Calendar app must be bugged, I can't create new events by clicking hour, I have to use menus & navigate to new >>> however once created event doesn't display.

It does create event because notification sounded for event.
    Last edited by Davidm1519; 01/01/2010 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, 0.9.24.3 should fix the app catalog problem.

-- Rod
    I have 0.9.27 & I just tried the app catalog and have the failed install problem...any ideas of best route to fix? Rod, your a genious! Thanks for all you've done for us Pre users.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by stashu11 View Post
    I got a refurbished one from Sprint, and it was in "like new" condition. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt unless they send you one like you're imagining. I paid and extra $20 in it was on my doorstep 12 hours later. Good luck...
    I'm hoping it's in like new condition, but I have my doubts. They aren't shipping phones until Monday because of new years, so there doesn't appear to be any way I can get one earlier.
    Pixi won't find the update it stays stuck on "Checking for updates..."
    My pre was doing that. I just kept hitting update and it finally caught up. I think they are getting bombarded.
    On a possitive note: I do love my Pre as I have stated before.

I do wish palm produced a repair utility that when ran restructured corrupted files to the curent patch structure. Having to unisntall a bunch of obviously needed or liked patches is a joke.

The only thing possitve about today was the work I got done on my WOW fansite.

WoWChatterbox

yeah.... check it out!

& yes I am rebooting my pre again......
    Since the newest update, my Pre's screen scrambles from time to time and goes blank when put to sleep. This is occasional and based on how I angle the phone. Otherwise its much more responsive. Any ideas?
    Minor progress. You can force network time to work by turning it on, going into airplane mode, and then turning off airplane mode. It gets the time correctly when first connecting to the Sprint network, just not when you're already connected it seems.

Doesn't help me with my Exchange calendar though. I find it works just fine on the emulator so the firmware isn't completely broken. I can add my Google account too and they both show up fine together. That leaves something with Sprint, something with the Palm profile, or something getting borked during the upgrade that can't be fixed by removing and readding the account.

I'm a little tempted to try an erase, but being as my Palm profile didn't restore without problems last time I'd prefer not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd-Ball View Post
    <<edited by berd>>
    FYI, I've had iPhones and at&t. Also, doing your research, you would see I've had a Pre before, Got it a few weeks after it's initial launch. Fail twice.

On another note; the iPhone is a amazing phone. I loved and enjoyed every minute of it when i owned them. You're right, at&t is a sub-par network, and Apple realizes this, which is why they're opening up to Verizon 2011. But if you compare every phone to it, just get one. Right? Wouldn't that solve all your problems? Apparently, the iPhone is the God phone for many, so why settle for anything less? If you know nothing will perform like one, why get anything else but one? It makes absolutely no sense to be honest.

I have had many of phones that don't work properly.. I've just happen to find two that work very well. Not saying every experience of mine has been 100% pure flawless victory, because that just doesn't happen.

I had a BS Blackberry Tour, had 6 of them, traded for a Pixi.. Got rid of it, since it was giving me issues. I've had many, Curves, Windows Mobile phones, PlamOS phones, dumb phones, etc etc.

My point of replying to you is, The Pre is ****.. the OS is awesome. That we can all agree on. Many don't leave the Pre because of WiFi, and Screen Size. Other than that, the Pixi has the Pre licked.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/04/2010 at 11:55 AM.
    Hah, found a workaround! No guarantees it will work for anyone else though, but it works for me. My Exchange calendar is showing up again and it syncs in both directions.

Close calendar. Go into Date & Time and turn off both of the network settings. Now set the date back to Dec 31, 2009. If you're phone is like mine the first time you do this it will grind to a halt as soon as you change Jan to Dec. So while it thinks it's Dec 1, 2010 I got a million calendar reminders, a message about the SSL certificate in Exchange being expired, and sometimes just a white box where the message should be. Ignore all of it, just keep trying to change it back to Dec 31, 2009 no matter how slow and ridiculously unresponsive it becomes.

Managed to get through that? Good. Throw away Date & Time, start up Calendar and you should see your Exchange appointments in there with the rest of them. Throw away Calendar, go back into Date & Time, and set it back to today's date. It shouldn't grind like before. Throw away Date & Time and open Calendar again. It should still work.

Whenever you reset it you'll have to do this all over again, but it only seemed really painful the first time. Going through this a second time was pretty quick. No guarantees it will work for you, but it worked for me so give it a shot.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hey there, I am having the same issue. cant get any of my mp3's to play, nor sounds. I am thinking about doing a full restore to solve the issue. I have done this already before. really sucks. if you find a way to restore the sound. please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex22 View Post
    Instead of giving me one of the many new ones they had in stock, they order me a USED one. Thanks Sprint product protection plan, you piece of garbage. My phone is in mint condition physically; I have taken such good care of it and it really ****es me off to know I am going to have to give it up in exchange for a possibly scratched up, beaten up used one. If it was my fault I might be less angry, but I did nothing wrong and my phone bricked itself with the 1.3.5 update.

What a nightmare. I've never had to deal with this much BS over a phone before. I will definitely not be a Sprint customer when my contract is up.
    I understand your frustration, but the above is an exaggeration.

A refurb phone is not a "used" phone, not in the manner in which you are describing it. They remove the internal hardware, test it, replace components if necessary, and then put a new case on it.

You will not get a "scratched up, beaten up used one". As a matter of fact, you will most likely get one in better shape (physically & cosmetically) than the one you're replacing.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Anybody run into this since updating to 1.3.5...? My email app keeps launching itself every time I get an email. It doesn't matter if I'm using my pre or if its asleep. Almost every time I wake it up, the email is open. If I'm doing something in a different app and I get an email, after a ahort time, it launches the email app. Can someone make a patch to stop this? It's very annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunit View Post
    Anybody run into this since updating to 1.3.5...? My email app keeps launching itself every time I get an email. It doesn't matter if I'm using my pre or if its asleep. Almost every time I wake it up, the email is open. If I'm doing something in a different app and I get an email, after a ahort time, it launches the email app. Can someone make a patch to stop this? It's very annoying!
    I have the same thing happening. To tell you the truth, I wasn't 100% sure it was doing it on it's own (thought maybe I was leaving it open and forgetting). I had just about decided that it really was the Pre doing it, and saw your message here.

I do have several patches installed. I'd be interested in knowing if you have any installed as well. If you do, we'll compare, and see if there's some common thread.
    had this problem too.

it was the notificaion repeat patch.

delete the notfication repeat patch and the problem dhould be fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd-Ball View Post
    I expect a device that I paid for to function, especially something like a mobile phone and a carrier I am beholden to every month for $250+ for 2 years. Having used mobile phones for more than 25 years I have a big problem with this.

No offense but just because you are willing to live with mediocrity does not mean I should have to do the same.

I deal with wireless communications all over the world as part of my job so I see EVERY single handset on the market and none of them fail as this one does. Sure, there are some real duds as far as the user experience but that was a poor design and they have fallen by the wayside.

Lets take the iPhone for example. They got the UI right, out of the box, before it landed in the customers hands. Sure, they took 2+ years to give folks the features and apps they wanted but everything that was an original part of the handset worked. There were a couple of problems but compared to what I am experiencing with this phone they were minor. Now i'd consider an iPhone if it were available on Sprint as I am happy with Sprint's service and coverage levels but it is absolutely not happening with AT&T.

However, I really want to like this handset but my opinion, based on direct customer experience, indicates Palm should pay more attention to software development life-cycles.

I can't be open when carriers have five nines for uptime and my life might depend upon a handset functioning or malfunctioning, when I need it most.
    I think you're in the wrong thread. None of what you mention appears to be issues with the 1.3.5 update. There is a different known issues thread that talks about build quality and anything else you want to rant about.

Those of us, checking out this thread, are looking for issues you've uncovered that you believe to be tied to the 1.3.5 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    Hah, found a workaround! No guarantees it will work for anyone else though, but it works for me. My Exchange calendar is showing up again and it syncs in both directions.
    I'm having the blank calendar problem too, but I'm not quite willing to go through that headache every time I reset my phone. I'm content with just removing the exchange calendar for now (I never go to that many meetings at work anyway).