Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diyhai View Post
    phone stuck at the palm boot screen
    this happen to anyone else??????
    Yes my sticks there all the time....I have to take battery out for more than a few minutes and restart. The first few times, it happened 100% of the time...I have restarted twice w/o an issue!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    my camera icon is gone!!! I can't see the camera I only see the name and it won't let me move it around grrrr some one help me idk what happened here
    My App Cat icon comes and goes now....
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Usually when a notification icon is swiped away, and the screen resizes to the full screen, I see some text that says "This text verifies..." for a split second as the screen maximizes.

I apologize if this was addressed already.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcren001 View Post
    Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I just spent 4 1/2 hours with Palm Tech Support to solve the "!" ROM issue and they have told me that my best alternative is to go to best buy before my 30 day warranty runs out. I tried webOS doctor 1.3.5, 1.3.2, 1.2.1 multiple times and none have worked. If anyone was able to fix it, please share how.
    Sprint offers a warranty program. Due to the fragile feel of this phone I felt it was important and am glad I did. This updated broke my phone and got a new one.
    I'd like to see a poll of all those who have added nothing, other than approved apps from the catalog. This means no homebrew or anything outside of Palm's own software.

From download to reboot after install was about 25 minutes with no drama whatsoever. I have to attribute that mostly to the fact I haven't modified my Pre in any way.

The homebrew apps look good and I like the features but when your phone is bricked or you experience bizarre behavior due to modifying it I can't really sympathize with you over this.

I'm guessing people who have modified their environments are having the most problems (yeah, i'm Captain Obvious) which really leaves one with no decent reason to complain.
    I have one app that failed to download. All my other apps updated with the 1.3.5. except for two. I have enough storage room. Is this a WEB OS 1.3.5 update issue or is it my phone?

I was so excited to download the the update that I forgot to remove my theme and update preware. When the update finished it knocked out 99% of my theme. So, I deleted preware and reinstall it with the latest version and everything seemed to be working fine afterwards. Anyone else having problems with the apps "failure to download".
    FYI, For those of you who hate getting the notification sounds of a text while on a call. There's a "homebrew for that" It turns off the alert noises while on a call, and turns them back on after.

Go to Preware > List Everything > Type in: No Alert During Call and Install. This should fix your Text notifications while on the horn. I haven't tested it since I don't mind the notifications.. But just thought I would give heads up to the many of those I saw don't care for this feature. Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd-Ball View Post
    Yeah, it seems to be that way. I just took a couple of pictures of my daughter and the camera locked up the phone. Rebooting now, hanging for 5 minutes. This phone is a complete and utter failure. It could be the FS is corrupted and it won't boot. Either way I'm going to Sprint today and telling them to give me a new phone, free of charge. This is doubly infuriating because while I had issues with VZW they had excellent coverage overall. Its just their phones were crippled to a great extent. However, their phones did work. I have never had a phone crash when taking a picture.
    There's a first time for everything. Your expectations of a electronic device, let a lone a smart phone working flawlessly on any carrier are a little excessive IMO. You need to be a open minded when you're going to deal with electronics.
    Yeah, it seems to be that way. I just took a couple of pictures of my daughter and the camera locked up the phone. Rebooting now, hanging for 5 minutes. This phone is a complete and utter failure. It could be the FS is corrupted and it won't boot. Either way I'm going to Sprint today and telling them to give me a new phone, free of charge. This is doubly infuriating because while I had issues with VZW they had excellent coverage overall. Its just their phones were crippled to a great extent. However, their phones did work. I have never had a phone crash when taking a picture.
    Weird. My camera - and all of its features - has been working fine. I've taken pictures, uploaded them to FB and Photobucket, and I've sent pictures via messages and email: no problems there either.
    I'd like to see a poll of all those who have added nothing, other than approved apps from the catalog. This means no homebrew or anything outside of Palm's own software.

From download to reboot after install was about 25 minutes with no drama whatsoever. I have to attribute that mostly to the fact I haven't modified my Pre in any way.

The homebrew apps look good and I like the features but when your phone is bricked or you experience bizarre behavior due to modifying it I can't really sympathize with you over this.

I'm guessing people who have modified their environments are having the most problems (yeah, i'm Captain Obvious) which really leaves one with no decent reason to complain.
    Im sure none of us want or need your Capt Obvious sarcasm either, what was even the point of your post??

id say a majority of us are not complaining, we are voicing the issues and concerns with what we are experiencing, in hopes that it will eventually get fixed ... this phone is really pretty crappy, compared to other smartphones capabilities, when its all stripped clean
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    Im sure none of us want or need your Capt Obvious sarcasm either, what was even the point of your post??

id say a majority of us are not complaining, we are voicing the issues and concerns with what we are experiencing, in hopes that it will eventually get fixed ... this phone is really pretty crappy, compared to other smartphones capabilities, when its all stripped clean
    And who is holding the gun to your head, making you keep it? If you keep owning it and continue to own it, does that give you the right to keep talking @#$% about it? You can just as easily sell it or trade it for something else, if it's such a big problem to you about the quality of the device. palm gave you one other option as of now, the Pixi.> You can own it, and not worry with hardware issues, or get another phone. That simple.. or so you would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    ...id say a majority of us are not complaining...this phone is really pretty crappy, compared to other smartphones capabilities, when its all stripped clean
    If that's not complaining, then I don't know what is.

To ALL of the haters out there, I'd say that there is no "perfect" device. If it's not for you, or you think it's "crappy," get rid of it and move on to something else. You're wasting your time, our time, mods' time, developers' time, website memory, etc. Bottom line, whatever phone you get, I doubt you'll be happy b/c it's missing something that another phone has. Go be miserable somewhere else.

If you want help fixing a problem, the please stick to the issue.

Thank you, and please (try to) have a Happy New Year!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbngator View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree that it's impossible. Not only have I used Sprint Nav while on a phone call, but the phone call volume lowered a little bit b/c the lady was telling me that my turn was coming up. This was not a one-time incident...I use both frequently.
    so I'm not the only one who could have do Data while Voice.
    Is yours still working after the 1.3.f update, because mine doesn't work anymore and %lm thinking ti run the Webos Doctor to downgrade to the previous update.
    Add me to the list of people who get a blank calendar when the Exchange account is on. My Exchange e-mail and contacts show up fine, but the calendar is completely blank unless I remove it, meaning even my Google and Palm events won't show. Removing and readding it doesn't help, either with the time zone set to New York or Cayman Islands. We use Exchange 2003 at work, which worked fine with 1.3.1.

Interestingly, I can't get any kind of network time at all. If I set either the time or time zone back to network, it will just wait for it indefinitely. Other services like phone and internet work fine.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    Interestingly, I can't get any kind of network time at all. If I set either the time or time zone back to network, it will just wait for it indefinitely. Other services like phone and internet work fine.
    I had this problem and fixed it simply by restarting the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by botanu View Post
    I had this problem and fixed it simply by restarting the phone.
    Doesn't help. Neither does using Update Network Settings in the phone prefs. Update PRL doesn't work either, but I doubt that's related.
    I can confirm what someone posted way back, which is that HotSync doesn't work in Classic anymore. If you update the front end in the app catalog there's a (new?) backup and restore functionality at least. Menu > Options > Backups will allow you to create and restore them, and they're stored in USB\ClassicApps\ClassicBackups so you can get them off the device as well. Not as convenient, and sucks for anyone who used conduits, but if you just use it to keep your data safe like I do I suppose it's good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigone View Post
    so I'm not the only one who could have do Data while Voice.
    Is yours still working after the 1.3.f update, because mine doesn't work anymore and %lm thinking ti run the Webos Doctor to downgrade to the previous update.
    I haven't tried it since the update, but I'll give it a go this weekend and report after I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    is ur pre waking up when you get a txt or email? Or does it just make a sound? I been having that problem :/
    My Pre wakes up when I receive a text but not when I receive email. When I get an email it just plays the notification sound but the screen no longer wakes up. I had never installed Preware before I just had filecoaster and decided to install Preware after the 1.3.5 update which might be why I'm not having the problems most people are. I guess in the grand scheme not having notifications for email is a minor issue but I'd still like my Pre to work properly.
    Last edited by thefist; 01/01/2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Updating issue
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    There's a first time for everything. Your expectations of a electronic device, let a lone a smart phone working flawlessly on any carrier are a little excessive IMO. You need to be a open minded when you're going to deal with electronics.
    I expect a device that I paid for to function, especially something like a mobile phone and a carrier I am beholden to every month for $250+ for 2 years. Having used mobile phones for more than 25 years I have a big problem with this.

No offense but just because you are willing to live with mediocrity does not mean I should have to do the same.

I deal with wireless communications all over the world as part of my job so I see EVERY single handset on the market and none of them fail as this one does. Sure, there are some real duds as far as the user experience but that was a poor design and they have fallen by the wayside.

Lets take the iPhone for example. They got the UI right, out of the box, before it landed in the customers hands. Sure, they took 2+ years to give folks the features and apps they wanted but everything that was an original part of the handset worked. There were a couple of problems but compared to what I am experiencing with this phone they were minor. Now i'd consider an iPhone if it were available on Sprint as I am happy with Sprint's service and coverage levels but it is absolutely not happening with AT&T.

However, I really want to like this handset but my opinion, based on direct customer experience, indicates Palm should pay more attention to software development life-cycles.

I can't be open when carriers have five nines for uptime and my life might depend upon a handset functioning or malfunctioning, when I need it most.