Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    If they aren't going to fix this I'd love for someone to explain to me the logic of tying the ringtone volume to the alerts and notifications volume like they did with 1.3.1 and have left in 1.3.5.

It is annoying as hell to have email, text message and calendar alerts/notifications go off full boar in the middle of the night. I *must* have my phone's ringer on all night and having these sounds all tied together is a massive pain. They were separated prior to 1.3.1 and life was grand. It strikes me as just plain stupid to have these volumes all tied up together. But maybe I'm missing something? If so, someone please enlighten me?

So, dear Palm, if you're lurking out there and see this:

PLEASE take us back to separate the ringer volume settings and separate notifications and alert volume settings. ASAP!!!!!! PLEASE???????!!!!!!!!!!! You're killin' me!
    I'm missing something. When I go to sounds and ringtones, I have a separate slider for ringtone volume and system volume. I keep them at different levels because I want my phone to ring real loud when I'm in stores, in another room, or etc, but notifications and alerts can be lower.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Removed all my tweaks, themes before doing the update. Everything went smoothly I thought, but not getting any ringing. I've changed my ringtones several times made sure phone is on, volume up but nothing. No text alerts nothing! Any ideas. I have not doctored as I'm trying to save that as a super last resort. I'm considering just leaving as is an taking to Sprint store for switch...
    Quote Originally Posted by pawmbi View Post
    Removed all my tweaks, themes before doing the update. Everything went smoothly I thought, but not getting any ringing. I've changed my ringtones several times made sure phone is on, volume up but nothing. No text alerts nothing! Any ideas. I have not doctored as I'm trying to save that as a super last resort. I'm considering just leaving as is an taking to Sprint store for switch...
    I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but do you have any type of app or batch that works with your ringtones. I had MyNotification and YouView.

Here's some advice I was given: get the latest version of WebOs Quick Install and delete (app that may affect ringtones- in my case it was YouView and MyNotification) then reboot your phone wait 20 min (let the migration stuff do its thing) and then go ahead and reinstall the latest version. If that doesn't work you may want to use Preware's emergency migration helper.
    Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I just spent 4 1/2 hours with Palm Tech Support to solve the "!" ROM issue and they have told me that my best alternative is to go to best buy before my 30 day warranty runs out. I tried webOS doctor 1.3.5, 1.3.2, 1.2.1 multiple times and none have worked. If anyone was able to fix it, please share how.
    Guys.. for most of you, just wait until next year to work on this
    I just did EPR and restarted luna. Then plugged in device it prompted me to install update and I said yes got boot screen for maybe 30 seconds then blank screen just like you got. Before I did anything came to PC and searched for issue and saw where post #2 pulled battery, so took a chance and pulled battery and powered back on device and it shows installing update now. That was scary, but so far seems to be installing update ok. Guess we will see!

Okay this time it downloaded the load bar went all the way around the circle and then it just went blank and powered off. Had to remove the battery again. I do have it plugged into the wall and the Seidio extended battery is at least 40%, but again it is plugged in! This time it is booting up normally with palm flashing as usual. Just prompted that the install was successful. Man didn't see anyone talking about it shutting off after update. My heart is now back to normal...... looks like apps are there and links still working, but time will tell.
    Last edited by jmccrary; 01/01/2010 at 01:30 AM.
    I think I can help with this. I have a bit of exp w/ code. DTV....RAM999
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliasr View Post
    I have the same issue thought it might have to do something with a patch. I ran epr but still nothing...idk....ima take some more time to look at it after new years.
    The first post tells you how to fix this now. Go to the beginning of the thread for the instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I'm missing something. When I go to sounds and ringtones, I have a separate slider for ringtone volume and system volume. I keep them at different levels because I want my phone to ring real loud when I'm in stores, in another room, or etc, but notifications and alerts can be lower.
    That ain't how it's worked on my Pre since 1.3.1. The last time mine worked like that was, pardon the pun, pre the 1.3.1 update.

Several others complained about it when 1.3.1 was released and, at least on my Pre, it's not changed with 1.3.5.

Set your ringtone volume to max volume and your system volume to "zero" and have someone send you a text message. If you're running 1.3.1 or later there's no way you're NOT getting blasted.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Am I the only one who got this error message?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that my battery was completely topped off and I had run Emergency Patch removal tool earlier today. Never had a theme installed
    yeah mine did this too and i cant reroot it again and it sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    That ain't how it's worked on my Pre since 1.3.1. The last time mine worked like that was, pardon the pun, pre the 1.3.1 update.

Several others complained about it when 1.3.1 was released and, at least on my Pre, it's not changed with 1.3.5.

Set your ringtone volume to max volume and your system volume to "zero" and have someone send you a text message. If you're running 1.3.1 or later there's no way you're NOT getting blasted.
    You're right, but I know just the other day I couldn't hear my notifications and had to turn them up. I've added a patch and MyNotifications that affect notifications so that's probably why I have the slider.
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyd1962@gmail.com View Post
    This update wiped out all of my events in my calendar.
    Me too... nothing is showing in my calendar at all. I backed up my Palm Profile to disk just before updating and now am considering restoring.

The funny thing is that my Exchange calendar isn't showing up either, even though my e-mail sync is working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffoun View Post
    Got prompted for Yahoo! password again this morning. Anyone get Yahoo! working on 1.3.5?
    Nope. I have Yahoo synced on my Calendar and Messenger, but those haven't given any issues. The Contacts, however, are a different story. They have also drastically/adversely affected battery drain speed. I had to remove them and called Sprint/Palm. The Palm rep stated that one/some of the contact(s) may be "corrupt," which in turn is/are causing the battery to drain faster. The option given to me was to sync the Yahoo contacts and take it in to a Sprint repair shop where they will be able to determine if any of the contacts are corrupted files.

Can any, more technologically-savvy, folks here tell me if this explanation holds any water?

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I don't know what you were doing but if you were using a Pre on Sprint (or any other phone on Sprint), you were not transmitting/receiving any data through the Sprint network while simultaneously on a phone call. You may have had the perception that you were, but you were not. It's technically not possible with the current Sprint network as implemented.

The Sprint Nav program requires a data connection to download the map data. The GPS operates independently, but the map data requires a data connection. The nav program caches quite a bit of map data, so it is possible that you were talking and navigating at the same time and simply didn't go far enough for the nav program to need to download more data before you ended your phone call.

As for sending email and surfing the web, it is possible to compose new email or read email that has already been downloaded while talking on the phone. It is also possible to read a web page that you have already visited (some pages get cached while surfing). But you cannot send or receive an email while on a call. If you tell the Pre to send an email while on a call, the email program will wait until the call has ended before it actually SENDS the email. Text (SMS) messages CAN be sent/received while on a call, but that is because SMS uses a voice channel to transmit/receive.

My experience prior to and since upgrading to 1.3.5 has not changed with regard to simultaneous voice/data: It doesn't happen on Sprint/CDMA (nor Verizon). You're the only person I've ever heard claim they could do this on Sprint (or Verizon). At this time it is only possible on AT&T.
    I'm going to have to disagree that it's impossible. Not only have I used Sprint Nav while on a phone call, but the phone call volume lowered a little bit b/c the lady was telling me that my turn was coming up. This was not a one-time incident...I use both frequently.
    Okay so, since I'm off work today, I finally decided to update to 1.3.5. Is it okay to assume I don't have any patches or preware or themes??? I don't think I ever installed any. The only thing I had was filecoaster, a few homebrew apps, and a few free apps from the app store.

Am I missing something here, or am I going to be okay?

I downloaded and left it unpacking when I went ot sleep last night... THEN started the install just before logging on to this forum this morning DOH!!

Oh, btw... ((((((((((((HAPPY NEW YEAR!)))))))))))))

Somebody please reassure me that I'll be okay, OR **SMH** Somebody tell me what are the first steps I need to take do clean up the mess I've made after the install finishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diyhai View Post
    phone stuck at the palm boot screen
    this happen to anyone else??????

This happened to me as well. Took it to Sprint and got a new device. The tech said they had a rush of people with the same issue. Some devices must not like the update.

I got my new device, uploaded the update and all is well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkonle View Post
    Just updated! Mine downloaded, unpacked, installed and then restarted/updated three times before it came back on. So far no problems. It was a long process. I suggest starting the download with your phone plugged in and walking away (going to bed). Seems like a lot of the problems are coming from people thinking their phone is stuck, when it is really still in the update process, and they start messing with it.
    Once I got a functioning device, it took about an hour and a half!! Be patient!
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Don't bother. Palm profile doesn't backup contacts like it says it does.

Make a google account and use that as your default profile. I had, and my others, happen to me too. They can't help you.
    I as well did not trust palm, and only half of the contacts reloaded. Fortunatly, I saved everything through Google.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I Doctors to 1.3.5. Now my calendar is blank. I use facebook, Exchange and Google calendars. After spending time figuring out the issue. It appears that the exchange calendar is causing everything to blank out. If I remove exchange my google and facebook stuff shows up. Anyone else have this. It might be time to go back to 1.3.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazo View Post
    Anyone else having power issues? I unplugged my phone this AM and within 10 minutes (of doing nothing) it was down 4%. It's never been that bad.
    My first thought is that your battery did not actually charge. I have had a few times where I plugged in the cord, but it did not get a good connection. Always double check.

Beyond that I would have your battery checked out.