Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 575
  1. #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by gigone View Post
    Does anybody has this problem?
    After I've ran the update 1.3.5, when I'm trying to make a phone call or somebody is calling me I'm loosing my data conenction, I can not use anything EMAIL, NAVIGATION, INTERNET.....NOTHING.
    Anybody can help me with that?
    Go to your dial pad, Hit Phone on the top left, and Preferences. Update your data profile.
  2. #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Go to your dial pad, Hit Phone on the top left, and Preferences. Update your data profile.
    I've done that but still the same when I'm talking to the phone I'm loosing my EV icon and I can not use anything else, when I'm done talking it comes back again.
  3. #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by gigone View Post
    I've done that but still the same when I'm talking to the phone I'm loosing my EV icon and I can not use anything else, when I'm done talking it comes back again.
    Well... You kinda can't use Data while you Talk. So what's the big deal anyways? Unless I'm not understanding what you're referring to..
  4. #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Well... You kinda can't use Data while you Talk. So what's the big deal anyways? Unless I'm not understanding what you're referring to..
    So...let's say my navigation is up running and somebody is calling me I can not have my direction anymore because I don't have data connection or when I'm talking to the phone and want to give to somebody info from my email I can not do that anymore because I don't have data connection......
    something like that.
    The thing is I've used to do that before the 1.3.5 update....I was talking to the phone and in the same time I was able to use my email, navigatiion and the web ........but not anymore.
    Have I been the only one who could have use Data while I was talking?
  5. #285  
    You can only do this with Wifi on, not the Data network. CDMA doesn't do this. Unless you're on a GSM Pre
  6. #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by gigone View Post
    So...let's say my navigation is up running and somebody is calling me I can not have my direction anymore because I don't have data connection or when I'm talking to the phone and want to give to somebody info from my email I can not do that anymore because I don't have data connection......
    something like that.
    The thing is I've used to do that before the 1.3.5 update....I was talking to the phone and in the same time I was able to use my email, navigatiion and the web ........but not anymore.
    Have I been the only one who could have use Data while I was talking?
    Either you were on WiFi or the data you were viewing was locally cached on the Pre. CDMA (as currently implemented in the U.S. doesn't do simultaneous voice and data transmission).
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  7. #287  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Either you were on WiFi or the data you were viewing was locally cached on the Pre. CDMA (as currently implemented in the U.S. doesn't do simultaneous voice and data transmission).
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    You can only do this with Wifi on, not the Data network. CDMA doesn't do this. Unless you're on a GSM Pre
    strange....because I am not on a GSM Pre and I was able to use Data while Talk in the same time with the WiFi turn OFF before the 1.3.5 update.
    So you are saying I can not use GPS Navigation, Email or web while I'm on the phone with somebody. I"ve thought this is the benefit of multitasking.
    This is going to suck big time!!!
    How come my phone was able to do that? Is there any solution for this?
  8. #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by gigone View Post
    strange....because I am not on a GSM Pre and I was able to use Data while Talk in the same time with the WiFi turn OFF before the 1.3.5 update.
    So you are saying I can not use GPS Navigation, Email or web while I'm on the phone with somebody. I"ve thought this is the benefit of multitasking.
    This is going to suck big time!!!
    How come my phone was able to do that? Is there any solution for this?
    I don't know what you were doing but if you were using a Pre on Sprint (or any other phone on Sprint), you were not transmitting/receiving any data through the Sprint network while simultaneously on a phone call. You may have had the perception that you were, but you were not. It's technically not possible with the current Sprint network as implemented.

    The Sprint Nav program requires a data connection to download the map data. The GPS operates independently, but the map data requires a data connection. The nav program caches quite a bit of map data, so it is possible that you were talking and navigating at the same time and simply didn't go far enough for the nav program to need to download more data before you ended your phone call.

    As for sending email and surfing the web, it is possible to compose new email or read email that has already been downloaded while talking on the phone. It is also possible to read a web page that you have already visited (some pages get cached while surfing). But you cannot send or receive an email while on a call. If you tell the Pre to send an email while on a call, the email program will wait until the call has ended before it actually SENDS the email. Text (SMS) messages CAN be sent/received while on a call, but that is because SMS uses a voice channel to transmit/receive.

    My experience prior to and since upgrading to 1.3.5 has not changed with regard to simultaneous voice/data: It doesn't happen on Sprint/CDMA (nor Verizon). You're the only person I've ever heard claim they could do this on Sprint (or Verizon). At this time it is only possible on AT&T.
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  9. #289  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    I don't know what you were doing but if you were using a Pre on Sprint (or any other phone on Sprint), you were not transmitting/receiving any data through the Sprint network while simultaneously on a phone call. You may have had the perception that you were, but you were not. It's technically not possible with the current Sprint network as implemented.

    The Sprint Nav program requires a data connection to download the map data. The GPS operates independently, but the map data requires a data connection. The nav program caches quite a bit of map data, so it is possible that you were talking and navigating at the same time and simply didn't go far enough for the nav program to need to download more data before you ended your phone call.

    As for sending email and surfing the web, it is possible to compose new email or read email that has already been downloaded while talking on the phone. It is also possible to read a web page that you have already visited (some pages get cached while surfing). But you cannot send or receive an email while on a call. If you tell the Pre to send and email while on a call, the email program will wait until the call has ended before it actually SENDS the email. Text (SMS) messages CAN be sent/received while on a call, but that is because SMS uses a voice channel to transmit/receive.

    My experience prior to and since upgrading to 1.3.5 has not changed with regard to simultaneous voice/data: It doesn't happen on Sprint/CDMA (nor Verizon). You're the only person I've ever heard claim they could do this on Sprint (or Verizon). At this time it is only possible on AT&T.
    I am on Sprint network and I have never had this problem before not to be able to open up a web page or GPS Navigation while I was talking, I thought that everybody is able to do that; and I am positive that when I was on the phone my EV icon was still on all the time, and I've used to plug in an address straight into GPS Navigation, but now everytime I'm on the phone EV icon gets off and I have the network unavailable message; that's why I was not using my WiFi, but it seems I have to use it from now on.
    So you are saying that is how is supposed to be NO DATA while VOICE?
  10. #290  
    Reinstalled PW + PM and all finally works EXCEPT the 4x4 v3... I mistakenly installed v2 and it changed the icons but does not show as installed in PW or WOS - so I can't remove it and install v3 (error message when trying)

    Is there some other way aside from an epr or wipe to locate the 4x4v2 and remove?
  11. #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by gigone View Post
    I am on Sprint network and I have never had this problem before not to be able to open up a web page or GPS Navigation while I was talking, I thought that everybody is able to do that; and I am positive that when I was on the phone my EV icon was still on all the time, and I've used to plug in an address straight into GPS Navigation, but now everytime I'm on the phone EV icon gets off and I have the network unavailable message; that's why I was not using my WiFi, but it seems I have to use it from now on.
    So you are saying that is how is supposed to be NO DATA while VOICE?
    Either way, it's not possible. You can use the old WebOS Doctor to go back to 1.3.2 and test it again, but you will find it was just a series of coincidences.

    If you want Data while on a Phone, I suggest you go with a GSM network, at&t or T-Mobile for this, or get used to using WiFi while on a call. Other than that, CDMA Networks do not support this. This goes for Alltel, VZW, and Sprint. It's just the way it is.

    Google this if you want, you'll find no CDMA phone can use network data and network voice at the same time. There is simply no way you were doing this short of what possibly could have been happening from what was said above. Sorry.
  12. #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Either way, it's not possible. You can use the old WebOS Doctor to go back to 1.3.2 and test it again, but you will find it was just a series of coincidences.
    I'll try try WebOS Doctor next year to see if it's going to work again.
    Thanks and I'll let you know.
    anyhow HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.
  13. #293  
    Nope...I removed it before the update, then put it back and it is nowhere to be found. Getting the ipkg log - hunk error etc when trying to install the 4x4v3 either on PV or WOS

    Didnt the list of patches/apps etc show the green dot for those you had installed? Now, nothing shows any dots....
  14. #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by gigone View Post
    I am on Sprint network and I have never had this problem before not to be able to open up a web page or GPS Navigation while I was talking, I thought that everybody is able to do that; and I am positive that when I was on the phone my EV icon was still on all the time, and I've used to plug in an address straight into GPS Navigation, but now everytime I'm on the phone EV icon gets off and I have the network unavailable message; that's why I was not using my WiFi, but it seems I have to use it from now on.
    So you are saying that is how is supposed to be NO DATA while VOICE?
    Can't say it any plainer than I've already stated. I don't know what you were experiencing, but it is NOT the normal operation that everyone else on Sprint/Verizon has. Either it was a fluke (not likely since it's technically impossible), or your Pre was hiding the fact that it was on a WiFi hotspot, OR you were viewing cached data (most likely).

    Bottom line, you're not supposed to be able to do it. It wasn't doing it for anyone else (without WiFi) and 1.3.5 didn't break it (because it wasn't doing it in the first place).
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  15. #295  
    This is the message I get when trying to install 4x4v3 on WOS...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. #296  
    Update killed my phone.

    1. It popped up the error screen in the middle of the install (exclamation sign with palm.com/rom site).
    2. Ran webos doctor 1.3.5. It failed to restore. Phone stuck at restoring graphic (arrow pointing at microchip looking thing)
    3. Restarted phone. It boots up to blue sky background, loads for a while, and says "Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved visit palm.com etc etc."
    4. Rebooted in restore mode (hold up volume while replacing battery and plugging in usb). Tried webosdoc again, failed again. Phone = dead?

    Battery was full when update was performed, and phone was on touchstone. It has no patches/tweaks/hacks/3rd party anything.

    All Sprint stores are closed tonight and tomorrow. FML.
  17. Gaidal's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #297  
    Didn't see this in here, but I'm having some wonky issues with e-mail notifications. Usually right after restart of the phone, the notification system tells me I have (8+ e-mails) unread e-mails. Problem is that none of them are actually unread. I'll dismiss the notification or go into the e-mail application but it will periodically pop up from time to time. Most of the time notifications are working well but I've seen the "mystery unread e-mails" notification 4 or 5 times since installing 1.3.5.
  18. #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Can't say it any plainer than I've already stated. I don't know what you were experiencing, but it is NOT the normal operation that everyone else on Sprint/Verizon has. Either it was a fluke (not likely since it's technically impossible), or your Pre was hiding the fact that it was on a WiFi hotspot, OR you were viewing cached data (most likely).

    Bottom line, you're not supposed to be able to do it. It wasn't doing it for anyone else (without WiFi) and 1.3.5 didn't break it (because it wasn't doing it in the first place).
    No Data and voice were treated differently. I've spoken to someone while I was using Sprint Nav. And I had printed off the original 400+ manual that stated that they were treated differently. That's why they have separate charges for voice vs data usage. When I first read the pages, I thought they were contradictory, but the diff was explained to me. I don't recall the specifics and rarely needed to care.
  19. #299  
    If they aren't going to fix this I'd love for someone to explain to me the logic of tying the ringtone volume to the alerts and notifications volume like they did with 1.3.1 and have left in 1.3.5.

    It is annoying as hell to have email, text message and calendar alerts/notifications go off full boar in the middle of the night. I *must* have my phone's ringer on all night and having these sounds all tied together is a massive pain. They were separated prior to 1.3.1 and life was grand. It strikes me as just plain stupid to have these volumes all tied up together. But maybe I'm missing something? If so, someone please enlighten me?

    So, dear Palm, if you're lurking out there and see this:

    PLEASE take us back to separate the ringer volume settings and separate notifications and alert volume settings. ASAP!!!!!! PLEASE???????!!!!!!!!!!! You're killin' me!
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
  20. #300  
    ok, flame if you will, but there are over 20 pages on here and I even searched to find nothing using these words (1.3.5 airrave 1xRTT).

    here is my issue, last night I had my phone on 1xRTT only using the ##EVDO# deal. I am running 1.3.5 and last night it worked. BUT this morning I had no service for about 3 hours where my phone would not work on 1xRTT within my home on my airrave. It works with Hybrid A. Has anyone else experienced this issue? OR, does anyone know anything that may help me out. I hate having my phone on EVDO because I live in a poor EVDO area and it destroys my battery.

    anyways, if anyone else has had this issue or if anyone knows of a fix that would be awesome.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions