Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 23 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    This is a known issue from 1.3.1 that hasn't been fixed. The workaround is to go to 'Date & Time' and turn 'Network time zone' off, then manually set your time zone.
    I had the "New Years Eve today Dec. 30" issue and the above fixed it as well.
    Ok, I updated to webos 1.3.5 last night. Yeah, a whole 24 hours ago.

Get home, flip to wifi, and now I'm getting the "updates available" dialog.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

I heard rumors that if you tried to update if you were already at the latest, that it wouldn't happen. That does not seem to be the case.

Not being able to stop an automatic update from occurring when I have patches installed is a bit disconcerting.

I just rebooted the phone, and so far haven't gotten the message again yet. I'm wondering if I should kill the update service just to be safe?

**EDIT: Yup, It's still pestering for an update, even though the phone is already at 1.3.5. Grrrrr. I guess I'll do the update again, and if it keeps happening just disable /usr/bin/Updatedaemon
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 12/30/2009 at 05:52 PM.
    im have installed the new webos. i didnt remove my theme or anything like that just updated the phone. now when i connect my palm pre to my computer it says no device driver found for novacom. can anyone help
    When you mute a call (just press a button, not ignore) it should stop ringing then come up with a notification of a missed call. I've noticed today with 1.3.5, it still stops ringing, but right before the missed call notification it rings again for half a second.
    What's the latest version of WebOSQI?

I have 2.96
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I'm in no way going to try to turn around your feelings for Palm at this point, but what I get out of your post is that there is nothing that Palm can do to satisfy your experience with the Pre.

You state that you've been loyal to Palm for the last 12 years so it baffles me that you seem to have zero tolerance on a new platform they built from the ground up that innovates in a previous foreign territory in the smartphone market (multitasking). Yes the phone has been out for some time and it has its faults, but there's no denying that Palm has made improvements to WebOS in that time.

IMHO, the general consensus is that, although it didn't add many features, 1.3.5 really made some improvements on general functionality and laid the groundwork for great things to come.

Because of your general dissatisfaction, it makes sense for you to purchase a different phone, otherwise it seems that you're ranting just to rant.
    What? Where did a video recorder come into play here? I'd be happy with a watch. I've never been interested in Apple products, and I have no plans to buy Apple now.

But I WILL get my money back from Sprint and Palm BEFORE Valentines Day (February 13).
    I think there must have been some background process running. For the better part of the day my Pixi was painfully slow. I also noticed there was some noticeable heat coming from just behind the keyboard. Oddly, I still have over 35% battery remaining after 15 hours of use.

It mostly seems OK now. I would say that it feels slightly faster, but I lost all reference since the lag fest earlier today.

-Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    So far, 1.3.5 has been a bit of a bust for me. Issues are:

[1. Performance is much worse than 1.3.1, which was worse than 1.2.1. Overall, the experience is bordering on unusable. Opening applications takes much longer, starting with a significant delay between tapping on an icon and have the icon "flash" to show that it has been activated. The Launcher has significant, consistent, and reproducible lag (yes, worse than 1.3.1), at times with second-long lags; needless to say, it's smooth _at all_ as it was before 1.3.1. Performance within applications is worse in many cases, and selecting the drop-down menu can take seconds before the menu is available.

[snip]

Update: Seems like some post-install processes must have finished on my Pre or something, because now it's much quicker. I'd say as quick as before 1.3.1, perhaps even quicker in some areas. So, much happier now.
    I want to know how to make sure all those flipping yahoo contacts don't go into your Contacts list on the phone. For them to stay in the Messages area is fine.. but I don't want them in my Contacts. I have several hundred people in my friends list.. I don't need all that crap in my Contacts on the phone. Even if I delete the Yahoo account out of Contacts, it still shows all the contacts.

Any ideas?

I haven't tried with 1.3.5, but I did with the prior version. Only way to get rid of them all is to do a hard restore, and re-sign into my Palm Profile..
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    OK - this is really annoying and has woken me up before 6am twice during the holidays (UPS automated phone calls) -

With 1.3.5, my Pre is ringing WHILE in vibrate mode if on the touchstone. I tested it, and if you have the setting to mute when in vibrate mode, it mutes.. but if the vibrate/mute switch is set to vibrate, it RINGS while on the touchstone, even in the middle of the night!
    An incoming e-mail woke me up last night when my phone was on the touchstone even though I have new message sounds turned off for that account
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by griffoun View Post
    I just posted a question on Palm's own forum, but I doubt any Palm rep is going to respond to it. Is there a way to email Palm about a problem?

Anyhow, here's my story:

I only have stock WebOS, no preware, no patches, nada. Used to have 1.3.1

I tried Yahoo! Synergy on 1.3.1 for contacts, and message box kept popping up asking for password. Because of this, the phone didn't go to sleep and kept draining battery. Fine, I removed Yahoo! contact sync.

Then I installed 1.3.5 yesterday. Everything was fine, battery drain didn't positively nor negatively affected. So I decided to setup Yahoo! contact sync. No more message box asking for password. However, the battery drained to only 20% in 10 hours of no calls, texts nor web browsing in a good (3-5 bars, according to the phone) coverage area.

Apparently Palm still haven't fixed the problem with Yahoo synergy yet. Any idea?
    @ griffoun

Palm Escalations: xxx.xxx.xxxx, Option 2. Talk to Daniel, Blake, Charlie.... any of the guys there.

Sprint Executive Escalations: Kerri Crutchfield xxx.xxx.xxxx (but, I'd avoid her. She has poor attendance.) Sprint Executive Escalations: xxx.xxx.xxxx (I'd also avoid Yvonne. She was out on medical leave when the Pre was launched, and doesn't know much about the Pre. There's also someone in that department named 'Joyful Peabody' (or something like that) who seems to spend an inordinate amout of time away from her desk and out to lunch.

Good luck.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 12/31/2009 at 11:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    After Updating to 1.3.5 and upload a theme now when I hook it up to the computer via USB doen not detect my phone what can I do I can not use webOS quick install.
    Thanks.
    I am experiencing a severe battery drain issue. I have done some limited testing and I believe I have traced it to the WiFi, which I find strange. Here is my problem:

While at home, and no where else, I was experiencing a battery drain of about 30% per every hour. The only thing that is different while at home is my WiFi connection. Tonight after I got home from work, I put my phone on my touchstone. About 8:30 PST I got a phone call and removed the phone from the charger. When done with the phone call I was at 96%. I checked my phone at 9:30 PST, I was down to 66%.

I have since turned off WiFi. In the last 40 minutes I have only lost 3% of my battery.

I had drain problems this morning and last night as well, but since I did the update in my house and didn't notice a difference till I left this morning, didn't know what to think.

Has this issue been reported before? If so, is there a resolution available? (I was following this thread before I updated but haven't been following for a while) I run a few patches; before the install I removed them all via WOSQI and upgrade PMS to v. 0.9.24 (I think). After install, I had problems with Preware so I uninstalled PMS and Preware, installed PMS v. 0.9.25 and Preware. I ran the EMH afterward and have downloaded and installed apps with no issue (except for Wabbit Hunter, but I'm guessing that's an app side problem) I have since updated to PMS v. 0.9.27.

The obvious solution is to only turn on the WiFi when I need it but I find that strange as before the WiFi seemed to save my battery. Also, I would just like to leave it on, if possible.

I'm going to be at a friend's house tomorrow for New Year's. I'm planning on connecting to his WiFi there to see if I get the same result. If I don't, maybe it's the encryption protocol? Don't know, guessing.

Thanks for any help.
    ok. after the update the computer does not find my pre when I plug it in. and now my pre says its always charging. I really need to plug my phone in. My keyboards broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Taper View Post
    I am experiencing a severe battery drain issue. I have done some limited testing and I believe I have traced it to the WiFi, which I find strange. Here is my problem:

While at home, and no where else, I was experiencing a battery drain of about 30% per every hour. The only thing that is different while at home is my WiFi connection. Tonight after I got home from work, I put my phone on my touchstone. About 8:30 PST I got a phone call and removed the phone from the charger. When done with the phone call I was at 96%. I checked my phone at 9:30 PST, I was down to 66%.

I have since turned off WiFi. In the last 40 minutes I have only lost 3% of my battery.

I had drain problems this morning and last night as well, but since I did the update in my house and didn't notice a difference till I left this morning, didn't know what to think.

Has this issue been reported before? If so, is there a resolution available? (I was following this thread before I updated but haven't been following for a while) I run a few patches; before the install I removed them all via WOSQI and upgrade PMS to v. 0.9.24 (I think). After install, I had problems with Preware so I uninstalled PMS and Preware, installed PMS v. 0.9.25 and Preware. I ran the EMH afterward and have downloaded and installed apps with no issue (except for Wabbit Hunter, but I'm guessing that's an app side problem) I have since updated to PMS v. 0.9.27.

The obvious solution is to only turn on the WiFi when I need it but I find that strange as before the WiFi seemed to save my battery. Also, I would just like to leave it on, if possible.

I'm going to be at a friend's house tomorrow for New Year's. I'm planning on connecting to his WiFi there to see if I get the same result. If I don't, maybe it's the encryption protocol? Don't know, guessing.

Thanks for any help.
    Strange to quote myself but I did an additional test. At 10:30 PST I turned the WiFi back on and connected to my home network; I was at 61% battery. At 11:10 PST I checked the battery and it was down to 43%, an 18% loss in 40 minutes. During this time all my phone did was sit dark next to me on the arm of the couch with the same programs that were in the background during 9:30 to 10:30 time frame when I only lost 5% (and that was checking Preware during that time).

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Any suggestions on tests or corrections? I will attempt to connect to a different network tomorrow to see if it's just my network or all networks.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Oh, I guess this was implied, but I did not have this problem before; I've had the WiFi turned on since I got this phone and no changes have been made to my home network.
    Last edited by Reverse Taper; 12/31/2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Added additional information
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    so....I think that alerts playing during calls has returned.

Has anyone else experienced this? My girlfriend started complaining again when I got a text during our phone call. *sigh* That was probably my favorite fix of all time...
    Have you done a battery pull?
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSpre View Post
    @ griffoun

Palm Escalations: xxx.xxx.xxxx, Option 2. Talk to Daniel, Blake, Charlie.... any of the guys there.

Sprint Executive Escalations: Kerri Crutchfield xxx.xxx.xxxx (but, I'd avoid her. She has poor attendance.) Sprint Executive Escalations: xxx.xxx.xxxx (I'd also avoid Yvonne. She was out on medical leave when the Pre was launched, and doesn't know much about the Pre. There's also someone in that department named 'Joyful Peabody' (or something like that) who seems to spend an inordinate amout of time away from her desk and out to lunch.

Good luck.
    I might get flamed for this, but I think it's poor form to publish employees phone numbers on an open forum like this. Don't know that you've violated any "rules", other than those of common sense.

Along those same lines, nothing like tossing out the names of those willing to go the extra mile to thousands of strangers with their contact information to discourage folks from going the extra mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by soupisgood08 View Post
    ok. after the update the computer does not find my pre when I plug it in. and now my pre says its always charging. I really need to plug my phone in. My keyboards broken.
    Probably sounds weird, but have you rebooted your computer? Mine does this from time to time, and a computer reboot seems to fix it.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmlee View Post
    I think that alerts playing during calls has returned...
    Please tell me this isn't true
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Admin, please delete the 'pyramid tree scam letter' posted by bigmike2k5, these things are illegal!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)