Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    I totally agree with k4ever - if I wanted a device that worked better without the worries, I'd WebOS Doctor this thing and leave it alone!

You're right in that we have to understand that we are stepping outside of the protective fence here and introducing a slew of variables into the equation that Palm is not responsible for. I posted my morning's experience above in hopes that providing more information will help everybody address the issues.

...But well said.
    Sprint webOS 1.3.5 Release Notes
    Email

• The default email signature no longer includes the macron over the “e” in “Pre,” so that the product name shows correctly on a recipient’s phone.

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but my email signiture still have the macron on the top of the "e" in "Pre". I thought the upgrade took care of that?
    And for some reason I'm not getting anymore email alerts as my phone is locked, no vibrate, no tag flash, nothing. Unless I click on my power button I'm not seeing any email alerts. Anyone else having that issue?
    Texting seem to be working fine...it vibrates and I get the tag alert.
    But, keep in mind that Palm has SUGGESTED that we tweak the Pre to get the simplest issues resolved. Along the way, during the past six (painful) months, I've created a new Palm Profile, rebuilt my scrambled contacts, had Sprint kill and rebuild the line (i.e. re=provision), manipulated the time on the device' on and on. These 'hopeful' fixes have all been stabs in the dark. I think I'm beginning to hear Palm gurgling as they go under. Having been a loyal palm ****** for 12 years, I now feel that their demise can't come soon enough.

I've spent the better part of today on the 'device' talking with Palm Escalations (407.531.4496, Option 2) and with Sprint Executive Escalations (866.727.0665).

Palm may as well have been using me as an alpha tester for this not-ready-for-market device. My 5th Pre performs no better than those that came before it. I waited for 1.3.5. thinking that Palm would correct the time and date issues, and hoping that I'd see better battery life. I was wrong.

I am no longer willing to use this inferior device. Even though Palm agreed to a full refund earlier, they've lost that information (which I still have detailed carefully), and Sprint claims that all return decisions are made by retail stores.

My contact with Sprint Corporate is out of the office for a few days (once again), and her manager was out on medical leave when the Pre was released in June. Should I know this? No. Do I care? No.

Today is December 30 (New Years Eve, according to my Pre). I intend to have a full refund in my hands before Valentine's Day (February 13, according to my Pre).

I'll be posting the (GV) recording of my today's conversation with Sprint in the next day, or so, on my own site. Feel free to email me with questions.

Brian Sanders
    brian dot atlanta at live dot com
    I have to agree somewhat with BLSpre. I am also a long time user of palm devices, but this Pre is my first smartphone device. I was a die hard Tungsten T3 fan for several years and was a hold out with a crappy Motorola E815 that was hacked to allow tethering on Verizon that I used with my T3 via bluetooth for a few years. Too bad Palm did not learn much of anything from their long history of efficient and well designed hardware and software up to the T3 (T|X is nice too, but too big a form factor). I never cared for any of the Treo or Centro units. The most basic conveniences in the Palm OS were not carried through in WebOS, even to 1.3.5 version. Therefore, I really feel for BLSpre's bad experience.
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSpre View Post
    Today is December 30 (New Years Eve, according to my Pre).
    Huh? Your Pre thinks that Dec 30 is New Year's Eve?
    see if you have any contacts at gmail.com that start with a number or special symbols. remove them or rename.
    for now, it works if you already have the sprint nav app open.
    I got the pretty rotating pearl button @ about 70% "Installing Update" - after over an hour to download, then unoack then validate... hope my btty makes it!!!
    Yes, etnpnys. My Pre thinks New Years Eve is today (Dec 30). It has also moved Valentine's Day 2010 to Feb 13. I have to admit, though... that's better than last week, when I was living in March, 2017. Today, Palm says it's Google's problem. My Google calendar is fine on my mac. I guess Google is just being mean to Palm.

(By the way, when I WAS living in 2017, Palm didn't exist.)
    Yes, etnpnys. My Pre thinks New Years Eve is today (Dec 30). It has also moved Valentine's Day 2010 to Feb 13. I have to admit, though... that's better than last week, when I was living in March, 2017. Today, Palm says it's Google's problem. My Google calendar is fine on my mac. I guess Google is just being mean to Palm.

(By the way, when I WAS living in 2017, Palm didn't exist.)
    LMAO!!! Guess in 2017 WebOS wasn't there either? (Else a subsidiary of M$???)
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    When the screen is off, I'm getting visual notifications for texts, but not emails. I have no tweaks and restarting the phone didn't help. I can't find any settings to setup visual notifications for emails.

Anyone else experiencing this or have a suggestion for a fix?
    Yup, getting the same thing: when the screen is off (and not charging on a Touchstone), the screen lights up when texts are received, but does not light up for emails received. Very annoying. If it matters, my 2 email accounts are a GMail account and a Hosted Exchange account.

I have the Blink Notifications patch installed (via Preware), and that does blink for both texts and emails. If it matters, I did remove all patches and updated the Package Manager Service to 0.9.25 before doing the 1.3.5 update. I've tried rebooting periodically over the past day or so as well.

Just trying to add to the conversation and see if we can narrow down the issue or troubleshoot a bit...
    But, keep in mind that Palm has SUGGESTED that we tweak the Pre to get the simplest issues resolved. Along the way, during the past six (painful) months, I've created a new Palm Profile, rebuilt my scrambled contacts, had Sprint kill and rebuild the line (i.e. re=provision), manipulated the time on the device' on and on. These 'hopeful' fixes have all been stabs in the dark. I think I'm beginning to hear Palm gurgling as they go under. Having been a loyal palm ****** for 12 years, I now feel that their demise can't come soon enough.

I've spent the better part of today on the 'device' talking with Palm Escalations (407.531.4496, Option 2) and with Sprint Executive Escalations (866.727.0665).

Palm may as well have been using me as an alpha tester for this not-ready-for-market device. My 5th Pre performs no better than those that came before it. I waited for 1.3.5. thinking that Palm would correct the time and date issues, and hoping that I'd see better battery life. I was wrong.

I am no longer willing to use this inferior device. Even though Palm agreed to a full refund earlier, they've lost that information (which I still have detailed carefully), and Sprint claims that all return decisions are made by retail stores.

My contact with Sprint Corporate is out of the office for a few days (once again), and her manager was out on medical leave when the Pre was released in June. Should I know this? No. Do I care? No.

Today is December 30 (New Years Eve, according to my Pre). I intend to have a full refund in my hands before Valentine's Day (February 13, according to my Pre).

I'll be posting the (GV) recording of my today's conversation with Sprint in the next day, or so, on my own site. Feel free to email me with questions.

Brian Sanders
    brian dot atlanta at live dot com
    I'm in no way going to try to turn around your feelings for Palm at this point, but what I get out of your post is that there is nothing that Palm can do to satisfy your experience with the Pre.

You state that you've been loyal to Palm for the last 12 years so it baffles me that you seem to have zero tolerance on a new platform they built from the ground up that innovates in a previous foreign territory in the smartphone market (multitasking). Yes the phone has been out for some time and it has its faults, but there's no denying that Palm has made improvements to WebOS in that time.

IMHO, the general consensus is that, although it didn't add many features, 1.3.5 really made some improvements on general functionality and laid the groundwork for great things to come.

Because of your general dissatisfaction, it makes sense for you to purchase a different phone, otherwise it seems that you're ranting just to rant.
    after seeing jst a few of the problems ppl are having im happy 2 stay with 1.3.1 lool i dnt want 2 brake my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    after seeing jst a few of the problems ppl are having im happy 2 stay with 1.3.1 lool i dnt want 2 brake my phone
    Update complete with no hitches. It took awhile, and a bit of battery juice but the update is complete, everything appears to be working and the UI even seems snappier.

Time to head for home this evening, charging in the car on the way home - will play with this a little more this evening.
    Found a lil (HUGE) glitch in the EAS functionality. If i add an event to my Exchange calendar in Outlook, the event shows up in my Pre Exchange calendar almost immediately. However, if i add the event to my Pre Exchange calendar, the event never populates to my Exhange calendar, ever. This used to work beautifully. I rely heavily on being able to schedule meetings and jobs on my Pre, and have these events push out to my Exchange calendar for outlook and EWA. I've tried hour-long, half-hour-long, and all day events. I've tried manually syncing in the Preferences menu, and the Exchange calendar is the default calendar. Email and tasks work exactly as they should, both directions, just not the calendar events.

This is a major hiccup for me, and renders the Pre pretty much useless for me as a business smart phone. Palm, if you're listening, you need to fix this post-haste. To many people, these are not just shiny cool toys. Many of us took the leap and invested with you as a business smart phone platform, but gaffs like this cannot help leverage your position in the marketplace.
    I did the 1.3.5 and now my pictures won't send in email or text.

Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Note: The webOS 1.3.5 upgrade takes a long time. Do not remove the battery. Do not try to turn the phone off. Remove all patches and themes before installing using the instructions below. If you use Preware, update the Package Manager Service to 0.9.25 ASAP.
    Should be 0.9.27

And should tell people to run EMH too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rboyd11310 View Post
    if i add the event to my Pre Exchange calendar, the event never populates to my Exhange calendar, ever.

This is a known issue from 1.3.1 that hasn't been fixed. The workaround is to go to 'Date & Time' and turn 'Network time zone' off, then manually set your time zone.
    I just posted a question on Palm's own forum, but I doubt any Palm rep is going to respond to it. Is there a way to email Palm about a problem?

Anyhow, here's my story:

I only have stock WebOS, no preware, no patches, nada. Used to have 1.3.1

I tried Yahoo! Synergy on 1.3.1 for contacts, and message box kept popping up asking for password. Because of this, the phone didn't go to sleep and kept draining battery. Fine, I removed Yahoo! contact sync.

Then I installed 1.3.5 yesterday. Everything was fine, battery drain didn't positively nor negatively affected. So I decided to setup Yahoo! contact sync. No more message box asking for password. However, the battery drained to only 20% in 10 hours of no calls, texts nor web browsing in a good (3-5 bars, according to the phone) coverage area.

Apparently Palm still haven't fixed the problem with Yahoo synergy yet. Any idea?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rboyd11310 View Post
    Found a lil (HUGE) glitch in the EAS functionality. If i add an event to my Exchange calendar in Outlook, the event shows up in my Pre Exchange calendar almost immediately. However, if i add the event to my Pre Exchange calendar, the event never populates to my Exhange calendar, ever. This used to work beautifully. I rely heavily on being able to schedule meetings and jobs on my Pre, and have these events push out to my Exchange calendar for outlook and EWA. I've tried hour-long, half-hour-long, and all day events. I've tried manually syncing in the Preferences menu, and the Exchange calendar is the default calendar. Email and tasks work exactly as they should, both directions, just not the calendar events.

This is a major hiccup for me, and renders the Pre pretty much useless for me as a business smart phone. Palm, if you're listening, you need to fix this post-haste. To many people, these are not just shiny cool toys. Many of us took the leap and invested with you as a business smart phone platform, but gaffs like this cannot help leverage your position in the marketplace.
    I reported a similar problem yesterday. After further review, my Exchange calendar in Outlook does not sync at all with my Pre Exchange calendar. I have deleted the Exchange account and added it back (a pain), but it still does not work. I like you use the Pre as a business smart phone, and need this issue fixed post-haste.