Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    OK - this is really annoying and has woken me up before 6am twice during the holidays (UPS automated phone calls) -

With 1.3.5, my Pre is ringing WHILE in vibrate mode if on the touchstone. I tested it, and if you have the setting to mute when in vibrate mode, it mutes.. but if the vibrate/mute switch is set to vibrate, it RINGS while on the touchstone, even in the middle of the night!

Patch request!
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Ive searched and dont see anyone complaining about the speaker phone or ear piece constantly reverting to headphones on it's own. Basically started happening right after the update...super annoying
    @holley2583:

My guess is that problem is unrelated to the webOS update. I've had the Pre think the headphones are plugged in when they're not, from July 2009 on (it happens to me maybe once every 6 weeks). Apparently it's due to a mechanical switch falsely reporting that the headphones are still in. The fix I've used a few times is to keep plugging in the headphones, then pulling them out, until the Pre realizes they're out. I usually do it by calling voicemail: that way you don't have to keep bothering someone by calling them!

Other fixes are given in the thread titled "Stuck In Headset Mode? No Earpiece or Back Speaker Sound? [FIX] Stuck In Headset Mode? No Earpiece or Back Speaker Sound? [FIX]"

Hope that helps!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I had all of my passwords stored in SplashID and ran the migration tool after update. Phone is running fine in 1.3.5, however SplashID was removed..........so I downloaded it again and lost all stored passwords. Does anyone know if that info is still hidden somewhere on my phone? Please help. Thanks Jc
    Last edited by cageman3; 12/30/2009 at 12:36 PM.
    Is anyone else having this issue? I went to sync my contacts and only 26 out of the 98 synced. I cant get them to transfer to my phone. HELP!
    I still cannot edit an email that i forward.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have the same exchange email problem here. My Gmail and hotmail works fine after update to 1.3.5. But my exchange on Pre can only send out email fine, but will not sync and receive new emails. There must be a bug with exchange after our update to 1.3.5. It was working great before the update.

Another weird problem RE calendar. I have 2 Google calendars and 1 exchange calendar. When in "All" calendars view, 1 of my google calendar does not show up. But when I select to view only that google calendar, it is there fine. No biggie, but just reporting. Will be patient and wait for solutions. Don't see any now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedorox View Post
    By chance, did you download StopWatch/Timer when it was free?
    I had this same thing happen to me where I could not update/run Stopwatch/Timer after the update. I also had the Resistor band app, that did the same thing. I deleted them, then when I went to reinstall them, I noticed they are now PAID apps. Looking in the App Catalog for "Quick Text" It seems that is a paid app too.

I think the issue here is some of the free apps were turned into paid apps after/at the upgrade. So upgrading them isn't going to work, as they were never paid for.
    Yes that is probably what is happening with those two apps. Not a big deal right now but in the future, as the app store gets bigger, it would be nice if there was a notification that 1) warned you that updating a free app via app store could disable the free app and 2) instead of just failing, told you what the problem was, to wit, you need to delete the free app and buy the paid app
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulflory View Post
    I have the same problem. Orange key+contact address, choose Sprint Nav, and it hangs on the splash screen.

Has anyone gotten this feature to work?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Same problem. Not working yet.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I cant make or take a call unless im in speaker mode. Earpiece doesn't work. Actually Ive noticed that system sounds like the "swipe" noise when you flick a card away is not working either. The phone still rings and my text alerts are working but not system sounds. Also whenver I get an incoming call (that I can't hear) or place a call (that I can't hear) after hanging up I get this wierd text message alert that says "password invalid" with the little yellow triangle exclamation thing. When I touch it to open it, it's just gone.....
    For those of you with EAS issues, I had to re-import my server security certificate to get EAS working again. If your IT department uses a mail server that has a self-signed certificate, you are going to have to get the cert from them (have them email it to you) and then just open it on your phone. Import the cert and tell the device to trust the server and you will be all set.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtalkinguy View Post
    When you get your January bill, it will have an increase in a rate that is a materially adverse change to the contract, and will allow you the option of canceling without paying an ETF. You will need to specifically reference that change as the reason for canceling, and do it within 30 days of receiving your bill.
    Good looking out. I had heard that, but thanks for reminding me
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Had this happen, but since its happened before didn't attribute it to the update.

Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Ive searched and dont see anyone complaining about the speaker phone or ear piece constantly reverting to headphones on it's own. Basically started happening right after the update...super annoying
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Had this happen for the first time with this update. Yet I do NOT use a touchstone. I turned the switch to off like I do every morning after my alarm goes off and I get up. I then have a 2nd alarm about 15 minutes later and it actually made sound instead of just vibrating. Only happened once, but I'm curious if anyone knows why this would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    OK - this is really annoying and has woken me up before 6am twice during the holidays (UPS automated phone calls) -

With 1.3.5, my Pre is ringing WHILE in vibrate mode if on the touchstone. I tested it, and if you have the setting to mute when in vibrate mode, it mutes.. but if the vibrate/mute switch is set to vibrate, it RINGS while on the touchstone, even in the middle of the night!

Patch request!
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    Seems like when you reply or forward email it starts typing at bottom of email rather than top. New isse under 1.3.5
    I had this same problem. I tried deleting my email account and adding it again, but that didn't help, so I reset my device and started from the backup... but that didn't help either. I finally found a work around tho... if you put a signature in the email account preferences, it won't do this... So I just put a space in my signature.
    Last edited by dave3sanders; 12/30/2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: found a work around
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmicro View Post
    Had this happen for the first time with this update. Yet I do NOT use a touchstone. I turned the switch to off like I do every morning after my alarm goes off and I get up. I then have a 2nd alarm about 15 minutes later and it actually made sound instead of just vibrating. Only happened once, but I'm curious if anyone knows why this would happen?
    Alarms have always sounded if the phone is on vibrate, and I'm sure this is intentional. I put my phone on vibrate (on my touchstone) before bed and use the alarm to wake in the morning. I think most people want an alarm to go off even if the phone is set to vibrate. I don't use calendar alarms though, so I can't speak to how those work when the phone is on vibrate.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    My Clock Icon is now missing. The app still works but the icon is missing. How can I get this back? It is just an empty box where an Icon should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbeditup View Post
    I cant make or take a call unless im in speaker mode. Earpiece doesn't work. Actually Ive noticed that system sounds like the "swipe" noise when you flick a card away is not working either. The phone still rings and my text alerts are working but not system sounds. Also whenver I get an incoming call (that I can't hear) or place a call (that I can't hear) after hanging up I get this wierd text message alert that says "password invalid" with the little yellow triangle exclamation thing. When I touch it to open it, it's just gone.....
    I had this issue once before 1.3.5 and even on my old rev. 1 iPhone. I had to plug in headphones and unplug them again to get it working again. For whatever reason it was detecting headphones being plugged in.
    Need some help here!
    Loved the sms tone per contact patch....
    Removed all patches, updated the phone to 1.3.5, got the latest quick install (2.96) and reinstalled the patches I like - it all worked ok, except for the sms tone patch
    Anybody any ideas why?
    This update wiped out all of my events in my calendar. I can't set up preferences or add new accounts.
    Last edited by ladyd1962@gmail.com; 12/30/2009 at 03:27 PM.
    If you are having app catalog issues, run the Emergency Migration Helper tool from Preware.

-- Rod