Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Hey everyone, I got the "!" screen. Before the update I uninstalled all the patches, running EPR. I ran the Doctor and it told meit couldnt reset, now, it won't even recognize the phone plugged in for Doctor run. Any ideas?

I'm still under warranty, so I have that option once I get back to the States.
    I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but for some reason now after the 1.3.5 update, smilies used in text messages aren't displaying properly. My roommate has an LG Rumor 2 and his smiley icons are non-standard (i.e., a normal :-) turns into <:-)> from his phone.) The Pre used to read those as text and just display the text and not the smiley picture, but now the Pre wont even read it as text and just cuts it off of the message. Is there a reason for this?
    I'm having a bad issue.
    I lose signal and the phone is super laggy for a min or so.
    It seems like the same behavior as when you "Restart Java" from Luna Manager.
    It is also causing the battery to drain super fast.

I removed all 3 email accounts from my phone and things seemed to work fine.
    Then added them all back and things went screwy again.

I removed the Exchange account only now and things seem ok.
    Then tried re-adding it and setting to poll every 5 min instead of as items arrive, no dice.

This is really frustrating, if there is 1 account that I NEED to work it's the exchange account.
    No option to see bookmarks in landscape sucks. Can a patch fix that? If so how do you go about asking for one?

thanks
    I'm desperate for an answer, I did a full erase on my Pre 2 times now and after the second time I do not have the folder attachments anymore. I normally do not back this folder up because its usually there afterwards. Whats it for, Pre seems to be running fine.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Has anyone else been stuck in a Palm logo reboot loop after 1.3.5 install? I have two important programs installed through Classic, namely Epocrates and eWallet. Does the palm profile back up data from apps installed in Classic? I was able to get into recovery mode and my desktop recognizes the Pre, but I cannot get to the USB partition to try and offload Epocrates and eWallet (all my password stuff)
    Will WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 get me back to life and keep my Classic stuff intact (see previous listing)? I am ready to do the Doctor, but I really can't afford to lose the data from eWallet. Thanks
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear50 View Post
    is anyone having their phone almost freeze after an unlock or a reboot to the point where you can bring up the launcher and not scroll apps or apps not launching. This only happens for 20-30 sec after an unlock but happens every unlock. seems like java is hanging up
    I'm having this issue as well!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I'm desperate for an answer, I did a full erase on my Pre 2 times now and after the second time I do not have the folder attachments anymore. I normally do not back this folder up because its usually there afterwards. Whats it for, Pre seems to be running fine.
    I am relatively sure that folder is for MMS attachments. There is an easy way to test it. Have someone send you a picture message and see if it recreates the folder. It should.
    I had to run webDoctor on my Pre after downloading the update. I got the nice triangle w/exclamation point directing me to go to www.palm.com/ROM. I had run EPR and don't have any themes prior to the install.
    After running webDoctor OS, I had to rebuild my Pre, more or less. Palm Profile had backed up some stuff but not all. I didn't lose any contacts but had to merge/link profiles and re-establish passwords for emails/IM accounts.
    It was a hassle...but just for a few hours. For me, it's too be determined if the update is worth it for me. Time will only tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I am relatively sure that folder is for MMS attachments. There is an easy way to test it. Have someone send you a picture message and see if it recreates the folder. It should.
    Ill give it a try but its weird that is was there after the first full erase but not the second.

P.S. Anyone with the Wifi Problem that does not auto Reconnect a full erase fixed that.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when your watching videos now and move the volume up or down the volume shows up on the bottom of the screen when it is horizantal. It looks a lot nicer than it did before.

Don't know if my image showed up, let me just try the site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46068024@N04/?saved=1
    Last edited by mdstal; 12/30/2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: no image
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    so far so good, i'm happy with my 1.3.5 no issues EXCEPT My updates button has dissappeared all that's there is a blank square and the title "updates" lol. i've done a reboot, a full shutdown, a battery pull... i've done everything except webOS doc. Anyone having this issues??? and further more how do i get to webOS doc??
    Ive searched and dont see anyone complaining about the speaker phone or ear piece constantly reverting to headphones on it's own. Basically started happening right after the update...super annoying
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    then get a new one
    I spent money on it. Unless you're offering to buy out my Sprint contract, and pay for a new phone, keep your thoughts to yourself on the matter. I've had nothing but problems with my phone. As soon as I think "hey- this may work!", it doesn't. I'm on my seventh phone, so I'm pretty confident I've earned the right to complain as loudly as I want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Ok thanks thats what is was.

Now my wifi will not reconnect to the network on a full restart, It worked after the second Erase but and worked all last night. The problem did not show up until today when I got to work and jumped on the wifi there. It might be getting confused now with more than one network stored in the memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I spent money on it. Unless you're offering to buy out my Sprint contract, and pay for a new phone, keep your thoughts to yourself on the matter. I've had nothing but problems with my phone. As soon as I think "hey- this may work!", it doesn't. I'm on my seventh phone, so I'm pretty confident I've earned the right to complain as loudly as I want to.
    When you get your January bill, it will have an increase in a rate that is a materially adverse change to the contract, and will allow you the option of canceling without paying an ETF. You will need to specifically reference that change as the reason for canceling, and do it within 30 days of receiving your bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I'm having this issue as well!
    Me too. If drag the launcher up form the gestjure area it seems to fix it.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Ok thanks thats what is was.

Now my wifi will not reconnect to the network on a full restart, It worked after the second Erase but and worked all last night. The problem did not show up until today when I got to work and jumped on the wifi there. It might be getting confused now with more than one network stored in the memory.
    Thats the problem, it seems if you have connected to more than one Wifi network(s) the pre does not reconnect on a restart. After the erase last night I set up my pre for my home wifi network, rebooted several times and was good to go. Then I got to work and jump on the wifi and just to try it I rebooted and it would no longer reconnect. I had to forget the network at work. Now my home one works good.