1.    #1  
    ever since I started using homebrew and chaged my theme and tweked it... My phone sometimes freezes up and randomly turns off atleast twice a day

*update* it randomly turns off when I slide it shut. Normally after web surfing or listening to music
    Last edited by wookie4747; 12/28/2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: update info
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie4747 View Post
    ever since I started using homebrew and chaged my theme and tweked it... My phone sometimes freezes up and randomly turns off atleast twice a day
    My phone randomly resets and it is Doctored back to stock. I think it has more to do with 1.3.1 than the tweaks.

Try to remove all the patches and see if there is any difference. I have noticed some improvement in latency (read: slowness) of WebOS, the number of restarts is the same and usually when I am watching videos, youtube or websurfing (though it does happen other times too.)

nb
  3.    #3  
    hmmmm the update on my post above doesn't seem to happen to my family tho. They all have stock pre's
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie4747 View Post

*update* it randomly turns off when I slide it shut. Normally after web surfing or listening to music
    There is a known issue with some Palm Pre phones where sliding the keyboard shut causes the phone to go dead. It's due to a problem with the battery. See this page for further information.

It is extremely unlikely for this to be caused by your installing software.
    Homebrew applications are just apps and usually can not make your Pre less stable unless the app requires a custom service. You will be notified when you install the app if it is using a service.

Patches make changes to the OS and can very easily make your Pre less stable it they are not written correctly. Also some patches can effect other patches and then you really end up with a buggy device.

Themes are the worst of the 3. There are so many non standard Themes out there that really can reap havoc on your WebOS device.

If the Pre is rebooting when you close the slider then you have the battery issue that SqyArc refereed to.. If it is just turning off then that is a software issue.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  6.    #6  
    do you recommend any themes or no? I downloaded a few but use the blue one from this site. Its top rated. Does that mean its safe or is that people who don't know the dangers of themes?
    The homebrew apps were fine but when I started to use patches my Pre was really buggy. Poor battery life, freezing up, rebooting whenever it felt like it, and just basically being annoying. I deleted all the patches and things got better but it was still driving me nuts. A few weeks ago I had my Pre and my wallet stolen and got a replacement. I haven't done any homebrew or patches and this Pre has been working excellently. It never freezes, reboots, and the battery is great. I have decided to not do anything homebrew with my new Pre. I miss some of the cool homebrew stuff but I do NOT miss the BS that came with it.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    My Pre is heavily patched. To avoid random freezes, I hit the handy-dandy Reset button as I role out of bed every morning. I don't consider it a major issue; my Treos were rigged to reset every morning at 4 AM, and I loved those phones.