Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Dear 'Prends'
    Have a lovely new Pre and have downloaded (onto Macbook Air) and purchased MS Missing Sync but Missing Sync is no longer in App Catalog and cannot be downloaded onto Pre.
    How can I transfer all my contacts, appointments etc onto the Pre? My email accounts are with Gmail and Yahoo so there should be no problem there. It's as though something sinister is up with MS because I have tweeted them but had no reply and my husband's Missing Sync app is no longer loading up on his Pre.
    Please help; have had no sync problems with the iPhone or my previous Blackberry. Come on Palm!
    Is this something to do with the new Pre OS and will it be solved??
    webOS is designed to "sync" via 3G/Wi Fi with your Palm Profile and/or Exchange/Gmail/Yahoo/Etc. Yes there are some 3rd party options for "old school" syncing but you would be better off to set yourself up in a synergy compatible fashion.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 12/28/2009 at 09:34 AM.
    I Have a Macbook and my PRE syncs fine. I use Google to sync my Contacts,Calender and E-Mail.Works flawlessly.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Sorry for being thick and thanks for your replies. How do I set about syncing from Google to Pre? Nothing seems obvious. I think I need the basic steps..
    Thanks so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by capricapers View Post
    Dear 'Prends'
    Have a lovely new Pre and have downloaded (onto Macbook Air) and purchased MS Missing Sync but Missing Sync is no longer in App Catalog and cannot be downloaded onto Pre.
    How can I transfer all my contacts, appointments etc onto the Pre? My email accounts are with Gmail and Yahoo so there should be no problem there. It's as though something sinister is up with MS because I have tweeted them but had no reply and my husband's Missing Sync app is no longer loading up on his Pre.
    Please help; have had no sync problems with the iPhone or my previous Blackberry. Come on Palm!
    Is this something to do with the new Pre OS and will it be solved??
    heh i see what u did there with the prends
    Quote Originally Posted by capricapers View Post
    Sorry for being thick and thanks for your replies. How do I set about syncing from Google to Pre? Nothing seems obvious. I think I need the basic steps..
    Thanks so much.
    Import data from other programs into Gmail/Google Calendar/etc if nessasary.
    Add Google account to email/calendar/contacts on Pre
    Set the Google account as the default account in each of the applications.
    Done. Syncing will happen automatically.
    I'm having some problems with the contacts on my phone and my Gmail Contacts completely matching. Does the Pre allow for 2 way synching? Is it possible that the changes I type into Google Contacts don't make it's way to the Pre?