Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. aquipower's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
       #1  
    Listen, since I work for Sprint, I need to say this. We are not responsible backing up YOUR PICTURES, MUSIC OR ANYTHING ELSE INSIDE. WE ARE NOT PALM who stores your contacts in the "cloud". People believe that we HAVE TO trasfer their 4 GB of Music and 2 GB of pics to the replacement Pre. No, we don't have to. Save yourselves the agravation and BACK IT UP Yourselves. I don't need to see your dirty pics that you snap on yourself nor your significant other. Your contacts are your contacts, not mine. Try to save it in Gmail, or in Yahoo, or use Quickinstall and save it in your pc, but if yo lost your info, don't come to us like we just kill someone important in your family. Every time you snap a pic, send it to facebook, or photobucket or twitter. I do and my Pre got bricked when the 1.3.1 update came and the hacks killed my phone along with my info. What you go thru with your Pre, I go thru it too. Thank you.
  2. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #2  
    I also work at a Sprint store. If you come into my store I will definitely back-up everything on your USB drive. As should every other store. As the OP has said it is not REQUIRED but I will do it.

    That being said most people have all of their music stored elsewhere and just need pictures backed up.'
    edit:
    1 star thread

    This is a customer service industry get used to it buddy. How hard is it to transfer stuff off of a USB drive anyways.

    edit2: Learn to spell.
    Last edited by MaxLOL; 12/19/2009 at 12:32 AM.
  3. #3  
    WOW........ Somebody has a case of the mondays. LOL.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I also work at a Sprint store. If you come into my store I will definitely back-up everything on your USB drive. As should every other store. As the OP has said it is not REQUIRED but I will do it.

    That being said most people have all of their music stored elsewhere and just need pictures backed up.'
    edit:
    1 star thread

    This is a customer service industry get used to it buddy. How hard is it to transfer stuff off of a USB drive anyways.

    edit2: Learn to spell.
    I work for Sprint ATS and this is exactly what I like to see. Great customer service. You don't have to but if you can please do so. You don't have to look at the pics to transfer them over and if you don't know how then probably you don't need to work at a Sprint store as a tech.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

    Oklahoma Sooner theme

    If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I also work at a Sprint store. If you come into my store I will definitely back-up everything on your USB drive. As should every other store. As the OP has said it is not REQUIRED but I will do it.

    That being said most people have all of their music stored elsewhere and just need pictures backed up.'
    edit:
    1 star thread

    This is a customer service industry get used to it buddy. How hard is it to transfer stuff off of a USB drive anyways.

    edit2: Learn to spell.
    people like you make my day. Thank you for caring and doing your job well.
  6. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #6  
    All i have to say is WOW!

    OP: You're the person Sprint & Palm wants to fired. So, change your tude. Did you work at Sprint in 2007?

    MaxLOL, thanks for your dedication, you're the reason people are changing their mind about Sprint's customer service.

    Rant:
    If you look at companies like USAA and Disney, they basically have one goal and its very simple. Make people happy. Notice they don't say customer, they say "people." there is a reason people spend $70+ for a 1 day ticket to Disney.
  7. #7  
    I agree I never worked for sprint...but if you work at a sprint store and transfer the stuff THANK YOU!!!! My wife has a BB pearl, and she gets about 5-6 warr phones a year, idk either she just gets troubled phones. But the last 3 times they have run desktop manager and xfered the stuff for her. I appreciated it so I didn't have to do it all the time, just before she would go to get her replacement.

    I love my pre and love that everything is saved on Palm and I keep everything on my google acct also. As for the pictures, eh if I really want them safe I email them to myself or just directly save them to my desktop.
  8. #8  
    I think those who work at a Sprint store should do what ever they can for the customer seeing they are paying your wages.

    BUT........on the other hand, have you ever waited to speak to a rep on a busy day observing the people they deal with for 8 hours before they get to you? I have and have to say that I might of asked one or two to leave the property. If you are trying to provide customer service and the customer is being disruptive it is counter productive to everyone in that space.

    It's a two way street , it begins with training , you gain experience you help the customer who had a choice of carrier.

    If your lazy or on some type of tech geek power trip , imagine leaving for the day getting on your bicycle and having the big black woman who was screaming at you at 2pm beat you down as you try to leave.

    Never hurts to say please and thank you or even sorry I tried when you don't have to.
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 12/19/2009 at 10:52 AM.
  9. NxTech3's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #9  
    Umm.... Those who do work at Sprint, also should know about a service that is called ReadyNow. And if you actually paid attention to the emails and training, contacts, pictures, and pretty much anything Sprint MultiMedia Content, need to be transferred if possible. On the pictures note, i do understand that from a customer POV there are some pictures i wouldnt want a tech to see, and from a tech POV, there are pictures I dont want to see. In that instance you would educate, since that is what ReadyNow is supposed to be, the customer on how to transfer their own photos. Either by email, picture mail, bluetooth, or memory card. Pretty much what it all comes down to, if the Sprint rep did their job correctly, and performed ReadyNow when the device was sold, there would be no need for a post like this because the customer would be educated on how to actually do the back up themselves. So to OP, do your job, perform ReadyNow, and only you can prevent unnecessary viewing of private photos. [End Rant]
  10. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I work for Sprint ATS and this is exactly what I like to see. Great customer service. You don't have to but if you can please do so. You don't have to look at the pics to transfer them over and if you don't know how then probably you don't need to work at a Sprint store as a tech.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    people like you make my day. Thank you for caring and doing your job well.
    There is a reason people come back and ask for me specifically whenever they buy anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    All i have to say is WOW!

    OP: You're the person Sprint & Palm wants to fired. So, change your tude. Did you work at Sprint in 2007?

    MaxLOL, thanks for your dedication, you're the reason people are changing their mind about Sprint's customer service.

    Rant:
    If you look at companies like USAA and Disney, they basically have one goal and its very simple. Make people happy. Notice they don't say customer, they say "people." there is a reason people spend $70+ for a 1 day ticket to Disney.
    I really like my job and understand people's furstration. A cellphone is almost necessary these days so if it is malfunctioning people get very agitated.

    Quote Originally Posted by dodgebusta View Post
    I agree I never worked for sprint...but if you work at a sprint store and transfer the stuff THANK YOU!!!! My wife has a BB pearl, and she gets about 5-6 warr phones a year, idk either she just gets troubled phones. But the last 3 times they have run desktop manager and xfered the stuff for her. I appreciated it so I didn't have to do it all the time, just before she would go to get her replacement.

    I love my pre and love that everything is saved on Palm and I keep everything on my google acct also. As for the pictures, eh if I really want them safe I email them to myself or just directly save them to my desktop.
    Its so easy to do this with blackberrys. Hook it up to the computer and click back-up/restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I think those who work at a Sprint store should do what ever they can for the customer seeing they are paying your wages.
    yup

    BUT........on the other hand, have you ever waited to speak to a rep on a busy day observing the people they deal with for 8 hours before they get to you? I have and have to say that I might of asked one or two to leave the property. If you are trying to provide customer service and the customer is being disruptive it is counter productive to everyone in that space.
    Some people just can't control their actions. I never take anything personally and realized if someone is yelling at me they are really yelling at the brand on my chest.

    It's a two way street , it begins with training , you gain experience you help the customer who had a choice of carrier.

    If your lazy or on some type of tech geek power trip , imagine leaving for the day getting on your bicycle and having the big black woman who was screaming at you at 2pm beat you down as you try to leave.
    Never hurts to say please and thank you or even sorry I tried when you don't have to.
    lulz
  11. #11  
    LOL Another example of great PRPRPR $from$ $a$ $Sprint$ $Rep$.. $if$ $you$ $worked$ $for$ $me$ $I$ $would$ $introduce$ $you$ $to$ $the$ $unemployment$ $line$ ( $which$ $is$ $growing$ $by$ $the$ $minute$ ). $Thanks$ $for$ $keeping$ $the$ &$quot$;$sprint$&$quot$; $image$ $alive$..
  12. hemwick's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #12  
    Wow. Despite getting essentially screwed in the app catalog end of things, OP makes me REALLY glad I'm Canadian and don't have to deal with Sprint.

    MaxLOL, you honestly remind me of the guys from the Bell store who sold me my phone, and went out of their way to back my stuff up when my phone crashed. The world of customer service needs more people like you.
  13. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post

    If your lazy or on some type of tech geek power trip , imagine leaving for the day getting on your bicycle and having the big black woman who was screaming at you at 2pm beat you down as you try to leave.
    A little bit of a racist are we?

    MODERATORS!?!?!?!
  14. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    A little bit of a racist are we?

    MODERATORS!?!?!?!


    Get a life brah.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    A little bit of a racist are we?
    MODERATORS!?!?!?!
    Really...don't bring your issues with the mods to this thread. Col A was just describing his attacker, she was who she was.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    A little bit of a racist are we?

    MODERATORS!?!?!?!
    original post

    I think those who work at a Sprint store should do what ever they can for the customer seeing they are paying your wages.

    BUT........on the other hand, have you ever waited to speak to a rep on a busy day observing the people they deal with for 8 hours before they get to you? I have and have to say that I might of asked one or two to leave the property. If you are trying to provide customer service and the customer is being disruptive it is counter productive to everyone in that space.

    It's a two way street , it begins with training , you gain experience you help the customer who had a choice of carrier.

    If your lazy or on some type of tech geek power trip , imagine leaving for the day getting on your bicycle and having the big black woman who was screaming at you at 2pm beat you down as you try to leave.

    Never hurts to say please and thank you or even sorry I tried when you don't have to.

    racist NO , absolutely not....just what I've personally seen waiting in line.
  17. ashtx07's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #17  
    That's really rude. I don't work for Sprint but I do work in customer service and that's just not the way to treat a customer.
  18. #18  
    Wow. Aquipower laid the smackdown.... :rollseyes:
  19. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post


    Get a life brah.
    There are rule here, well, for some people.

    anyway, i'm not your 'brah'
  20. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Really...don't bring your issues with the mods to this thread. Col A was just describing his attacker, she was who she was.
    Well, where else am i suppose to post? I can do it here, but then again, the mods closed the thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions