Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So I accidentally updated my phone last month without removing patches.

I rant the emergency patch removal tool after i updated and reinstalled the patches.

Today I wanted to change my theme. I went into preware and went to "installed packages" and there was no option in there to remove my theme. It was like I didn't have any theme installed at all.

So I proceeded to run the emergency patch removal again thinking that would remove my theme. It didn't Now I don't want to install another theme over the old one cuz that will mess up my phone even worse.

Now I get the IPKG Log error when I try to reinstall any patches.

Do I need to wipe my phone clean and start over or is there another fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by nick3681 View Post
    So I accidentally updated my phone last month without removing patches.

I rant the emergency patch removal tool after i updated and reinstalled the patches.

Today I wanted to change my theme. I went into preware and went to "installed packages" and there was no option in there to remove my theme. It was like I didn't have any theme installed at all.

So I proceeded to run the emergency patch removal again thinking that would remove my theme. It didn't Now I don't want to install another theme over the old one cuz that will mess up my phone even worse.

Now I get the IPKG Log error when I try to reinstall any patches.

Do I need to wipe my phone clean and start over or is there another fix for this?
    Depending on the theme (if it had patches or not)... will depend on if you need to wipe your device.

First, load preware and click set your preferences to show installed applications... then click list everything and see if you can find the theme you have installed on your phone. Then try to remove it.

- Be sure to get the specific error codes if you recieve any...

Then hook your phone up to your computer and try to remove the theme with WebOS Quick Install...

If that doesn't work either give the Repair Utility a shot before you do a full doctor.

Best of luck!

- In the future: before a WebOS Update
    1. Remove Theme
    2. Run EPR
    3. Update
    4. Don't apply anything not specifically made for the WebOS your updating too
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Thank you for the good advise on theme removal, i dialed up PREWare then went to installed packages, found themes and simply removed theme...worked like a charm....

thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Depending on the theme (if it had patches or not)... will depend on if you need to wipe your device.

First, load preware and click set your preferences to show installed applications... then click list everything and see if you can find the theme you have installed on your phone. Then try to remove it.

- Be sure to get the specific error codes if you recieve any...

Then hook your phone up to your computer and try to remove the theme with WebOS Quick Install...

If that doesn't work either give the Repair Utility a shot before you do a full doctor.

Best of luck!

- In the future: before a WebOS Update
    1. Remove Theme
    2. Run EPR
    3. Update
    4. Don't apply anything not specifically made for the WebOS your updating too
    I did the same by not removing my patches & theme when I installed the last update..Im getting a new Pre due to some wacky camera softwear issue that is unrelated to Preware or themes... So I need a checklist of what I need to remove,the easiest way to do it & easiest way to put my patches back after I update. Thanks in advance Amy