Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Note: The webOS 1.3.5 upgrade takes a long time. Do not remove the battery. Do not try to turn the phone off. Remove all patches and themes before installing using the instructions below. If you use Preware, update the Package Manager Service to 0.9.29 ASAP.

Note that webOS 1.3.5.1 fixes a issue in which the Calendar app displayed no events for any account after a user synchronized Calendar with an Exchange account.

Please post your feedback about the new webOS update into the appropriate forum:

webOS 1.3.5 New Features & Changes

webOS 1.3.5 Issues

webOS 1.3.5 Discussion

webOS Patch Discussion

webOS Updates
    Before you update to a new webOS, first remove any theme and then any patches you might have installed. Homebrew Apps, including Preware, do not need to be removed before a webOS update. If you don't know what a patch is you probably have never made one.

Remove All Patches and Themes At Once
    Using WebOS Quick Install:
    1. Remove themes. Click Tools → Themer → Revert to Default
    2. Remove all patches. Click Tools → Tweaks → Run EPR → Luna Restart

Using Preware:
    1. Remove themes. Tap Installed Packages → Theme → Tap your theme → Remove → OK → OK
    2. Remove all patches. Tap List of Everything then type "emergency" and tap Emergency Patch Recovery → Install
    3. Restart your phone. Press these buttons at the same time: Orange-Sym-R

Using webOS Repair Utility:
    1. Click Options → Compatibility Override On
    2. Click Scan/Repair

Please post only the New Features & Changes found in this thread. Posts regarding features already stated by Palm as noted below or duplicate posts will be moved to the Discussion thread.

From Spint:
    WebOS – 1.3.5 Build 194 Sprint Config – 2.0 12/28/2009
    This update includes enhancements to the following:
    - Improvement in battery life optimization when in marginal coverage areas.
    - QCELP capability fix to allow play and audio of video sent via MMS.
    - Launch Google Maps or Sprint Nav when tapping an address from contacts.
    - Minimized package of MR size through binary difference. Customers can now download over 2G connections if necessary.
    Also see: http://www.precentral.net/webos-135-...lable-download and
    http://www.precentral.net/apps-homebrew-and-webos-135.

From the Sprint webOS 1.3.5 Release Notes. Features found by users are highlighted with a red ball .
    Release date: 28 December 2009

New applications
    • NONE

Feature changes to existing applications

App Catalog
    • App Catalog significantly improves the application download experience.
    • A user can now download multiple applications simultaneously.
    • Downloads continue in the background if the user moves away from the download screen.
    • A user can manually pause, resume, and cancel downloads.
    • A user can also download all available updates for the user’s downloaded applications with a single tap.
    • App Catalog automatically resumes downloads in cases where a download was paused because it was interrupted—for example, if a user moves out of network coverage and then moves back into coverage.
    • Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    • App Catalog lists search results based on an improved search algorithm.
    • Locations from which users can purchase paid apps from App Catalog now include U.S. territories.
    App purchases have been expanded to US territories (sorry Europe, Canada, etc).
    App Catalog no longer in Beta testing.
    Tap the icon/name/publisher at the top of the screen to see the version, date, and file size.
    When an app is finished downloading, a notification pops up.
    App catalog screenshots cycle through the various screenshots on the app's main screen.

Bluetooth
    Bluetooth works in more cars now including more BMW iDrive systems.

Calendar
    • In Day view, switching between days happens more quickly.

Date & Time
    • When the user has network time zone enabled, a city and country are no longer displayed.

Device Info
    • A user can perform a full erase by pressing and holding Sym + the orange/Option key + power for 10 seconds.

Email
    • A user can now edit forwarded text for all email account types.
    • When the user sets up more than one Yahoo! email account, the account names displayed in Account List view include the associated email address so that the user can distinguish them.
    • If an account mailbox is too full to send messages, after the user frees up space in the mailbox on the server, the user can send the messages successfully.
    • The default email signature no longer includes the macron over the “e” in “Pre,” so that the product name shows correctly on a recipient’s phone.
    The login credentials rejected problem is solved for many Exchange users.
    An email attachment problem seems to have been corrected with attachments now always working.
    V-cards via email are working again. This feature was broken in 1.3.1. It's now working again.
    When replying to an email, the previous text is dark blue but your reply text is black now.

Flash
    If you try to 'download flash here', it shows: "Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is coming to Palm WebOS in the first half of 2010"

Google Voice
    You can now play messages from the google voice mobile site without using Gdial Pro.

Messaging
    • If a user deletes a conversation with a contact, new conversations with that contact are now correctly displayed in Conversations view.
    Multiple pending notifications from a contact shows how many notifications in parenthesis.
    V-cards via MMS are working again. This feature was broken in 1.3.1. It's now working again.
    Select All (Gesture area + A) now works in messaging!

Music Player
    When playing a song there is a slider progress bar now almost as nice as the Music Player (Remix)

Screen & Lock
    • When the screen is locked, the time displays in a new font.
    It's MUCH harder to dial 911 accidentally when your phone is locked.

Sounds
    Ringtones that were cut off in 1.3.1 now work fine on 1.3.5.

Sprint Navigation
    • A user can launch Sprint Navigation from an address in an open contact entry in Contacts.
    Voice is louder and more clear, no more stuttering.

System
    • Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    • This update improves battery life in areas of poor wireless network coverage.
    • If the user is working in an application that supports landscape mode (such as Web or Videos), notifications now appear at the bottom of the landscape screen.
    • Palm profile backs up and restores App Catalog applications in the background. The user can use other features of the phone while the apps are being restored.
    The Palm profile restore is much faster now.
    • Swiping to delete a list item that contains a link no longer causes the link to open in the web browser.
    The Graphics processor is now enabled. Doom and Quake work.
    The Clock on a Touchstone Lock Screen is larger and easier to read. The font has changed.
    The Pre is now loads the Phone, Browser, Camera, etc. faster.
    The "Too Many Cards" error is very rare now.
    WiFi stays active while in sleep mode!
    Device Info→Preferences→Default Applicaitons menu now works!
    Streaming internet radio connections no longer drop!

Updates
    • After taking the 1.3.5 update, users can download future updates over a 2G (1xRTT , GPRS , EDGE ) data connection by opening Updates and tapping Download Now.

Web
    • The web browser now supports the display of animated GIFs.
    Because of animated gif's, weather radar from sites like wunderground.com now works!
    • Audio files with a .3g2 extension play correctly as audio files, not video files.
    Web browser is square in landscape or when upside down, no rounded corners!
    Browser is much more responsive when tapping links and bringing up new pages.
    Sym and Shift do not stay locked on when going to the next field!
    If you leave a website open in a card and come back later, the page doesn't refresh, it keeps what you were looking at.

Security
    • This release includes a security fix to the dev portal. Credit to Kris Siegal for reporting the issue.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/05/2010 at 12:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Looks like they finally fixed the Emergency Call feature so where it's MUCH harder to dial 911 accidentally when your phone is locked. Good deal.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but now, if you get multiple text messages from the same person, the notification at the bottom of the screen now has their name, parentheses, and the number of messages from that person.

Here's a pic:
    Last edited by buyrihn; 12/28/2009 at 11:22 PM.
    Not a huge deal, but they did change the font of the clock when its charging on the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    App catalog is no longer in beta. It also has a new refreshed design.

It doesn't seem faster, but I haven't gotten the "too many cards" error yet.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I actually am liking the new shadowed clock design, quite a bit. It's subtle, but it's nice.
    Web browser is square in landscape, no rounded corners.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Really palm? This is yet another worthless update. I have a stupid 911 button that I've accidently called 911 on several times, I can't see what time it is with a pin lock and the phone on the charger without unlocking the phone, I can't view my email in landscape mode, my LED doesn't flash when I have a new msg, etc etc etc.

Yet in another worthless update you've found time for your programmers to redo the font of the time, (which I can't even see when the phone is pin locked on a charger) put a progress bar on the install logo, and move the 911 button but not give me the option to remove it. Brilliant...
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information for Palm Pre Sprint p100eww

there are also extra fixes and new features here

webOS 1.3.5

* Version information
    * New applications
    * Feature changes to existing applications

Version information

* Version: webOS 1.3.5
    * Release date: 28 December 2009

New applications

NONE
    Feature changes to existing applications
    App Catalog

* App Catalog significantly improves the application download experience.
    * A user can now download multiple applications simultaneously.
    * Downloads continue in the background if the user moves away from the download screen.
    * A user can manually pause, resume, and cancel downloads.
    * A user can also download all available updates for the user’s downloaded applications with a single tap.
    * App Catalog automatically resumes downloads in cases where a download was paused because it was interrupted—for example, if a user moves out of network coverage and then moves back into coverage.
    * Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    * App Catalog lists search results based on an improved search algorithm.
    * Locations from which users can purchase paid apps from App Catalog now include U.S. territories.

Calendar

* In Day view, switching between days happens more quickly.

Date & Time

* When the user has network time zone enabled, a city and country are no longer displayed.

Device Info

* A user can perform a full erase by pressing and holding Sym + the orange/Option key + power for 10 seconds.

Email

* A user can now edit forwarded text for all email account types.
    * When the user sets up more than one Yahoo! email account, the account names displayed in Account List view include the associated email address so that the user can distinguish them.
    * If an account mailbox is too full to send messages, after the user frees up space in the mailbox on the server, the user can send the messages successfully.
    * The default email signature no longer includes the macron over the “e” in “Pre,” so that the product name shows correctly on a recipient’s phone.

Messaging

* If a user deletes a conversation with a contact, new conversations with that contact are now correctly displayed in Conversations view.

Screen & Lock

* When the screen is locked, the time displays in a new font.

Sprint Navigation

* A user can launch Sprint Navigation from an address in an open contact entry in Contacts.

System

* Users can now take advantage of the full storage capacity of the phone for downloading applications. This gives the user more control over how to allocate the phone’s storage space across applications, music, photos, and other media. Downloaded applications are now stored on the phone’s USB drive.
    * This update improves battery life in areas of poor wireless network coverage.
    * If the user is working in an application that supports landscape mode (such as Web or Videos), notifications now appear at the bottom of the landscape screen.
    * After a user signs in to an existing Palm profile, applications the user installed from App Catalog are restored in the background. The user can use other features of the phone while the apps are being restored.
    * Swiping to delete a list item that contains a link no longer causes the link to open in the web browser.

Updates

* After taking the 1.3.5 update, users can download future updates over a 2G (1xRTT 1x title bar icon, GPRS 1x title bar icon, EDGE 1x title bar icon) data connection by opening Updates and tapping Download Now.

Web

* The web browser now supports the display of animated GIFs.
    * Audio files with a .3g2 extension play correctly as audio files, not video files.

Security

This release includes a security fix to the dev portal. Credit to Kris Siegal for reporting the issue.

Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security .

u forgot to mention those, genius.

if u liked how the old emergency call button was u can just not update it to 1.3.5. this new one seems meaningless to u so why update your phone.
    To get the choice between Google Maps and Sprint Nav for contacts, you can (1) change the default App from the Launcher Preferences to select a specific App, or (2) regardless of the Default App, you can press Orange + Click on Address from with a contact for a choice of Copy / Google Maps / Sprint Navigation
    the corners in browser are squarw not just in landscape but also portrait if the screen is up side down.

app cat now different color. It looks exactly like the one in the need for speed screen shots, faded lines and all.
    Last edited by windzilla; 12/29/2009 at 12:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neva Eva Forget 1984 View Post
    you can also set your default contacts to sync with google now as default instead of your palm profile... i think that is new... when you go to contacts and then preference... so you can't lose ur contacts now... i think... correct me if i'm wrong...

you can also fwd contacts via mms, car kit, and email
    No, it's always been this way.

Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Anyone notice that if someone text you while ur phone is booting up you get a notification tone?
    YES I noticed that! Thoughtful little tweak. Kudos to Palm for that one.
    1) Notification popups seem to be a bit snappier for me -- a least for text messages.

2) Web browser seems to deal with Google Reader and Facebook Mobile pages quite a bit better now. Those used to suffer from the irritating non-expanding div problem (that took a double tap to correct), as well as some scrolling issues when a collapsed div was expanded -- that seems to have been mostly fixed. Animated GIF support is nice for Facebook too.

3) Photos app seems to have removed the useless and irritating "All Photos" section at the top that we complained about in 1.3.1. However, the All Photos section still appears when you attempt to attach picture in the Messaging app.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Looks like clicking small links (ie. Forum page numbers on this site) is much easier like it was pre-1.3.1.
    Anybody notice wifi stays active while in sleep mode!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

15. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    am i crazy or is the "hardware revision" in the "more info" of "device info" new?
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Is the Default Applications menu new under preferences in device info?
    No it was there in 1.3.1, just not active
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already (i didn't read all the posts).

I noticed that when you have a head set plugged in the volume from the alarms or calls are back to the default setting for the phone without the head set.

Basically, if I'm wearing the head phones and the phone rings or an alarm goes off it is super loud! The last update fixed this and if the headset is plugged in the ringer volume is lower than when you are not using the headset.

This is not a good feature, lol. I really hope this gets fixed soon because its really annoying and I don't want to lose my hearing.
    when you in landscape mode in the browser or youtube ....press the volumen keys and now the volume bar show in the botton and don't show no more the carrier bar !
    After updated 1.3.5. My Pre cant turn off screen. Although, i set Screen turn off after 30s in Screen & Lock but after screen still bright !!!!

Last edited by vuxy; 12/29/2009 at 02:28 AM.
    I noticed that PDF Viewer is back in the apps. for those that accidentally deleted it.

Love the "NEW" web browser. It's faster and smoother. I've noticed the web sites fit the screen better. Some web sites I would go to I could not read the text, double tap and the text was still small, have to zoom to make it readable. Now I open a web page, double tap and text is the right size. I don't know what they did but I like it.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast