Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedihelp View Post
    I FOUND SOMETHING!

1.3.1: When you had the time stamp patch, anytime you copied the text it would include this timestamp.
    1.3.5: Now when you copy the text with the times stamp patch, it is no longer included.

(time stamp patch i am working with is the "clean" version"

GUT46** yes the picture scrolling is absolutely atrocious to what it once was, so much slower. It is as if the picture waits until it focuses to let you swipe to the next one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    YES this is a great addition
    I used to always have to delete the dag on timestamp when copying something
    go Palm!!
    Just discovered this myself (after downloading 1.3.5.1). Very glad to see this change (an improvement for me), as I had come to hate copying/forwarding texts because of having to always remove the useless timestamp. Thanks, Palm!

BTW, did you also notice the "Compose New" option that was added when you tap on a message? I guess I can remove that patch now.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I see a "Downloads" folder in Photos, is this new?

Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    (also, good god the calendar is snappy now!)
    Unfortunately the way they made the calendar more snappy was to erase all appointments older than 3 months on the phone

Treo/Centro had all appointments (and could search them) and it was still super fast.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfilo View Post
    Unfortunately the way they made the calendar more snappy was to erase all appointments older than 3 months on the phone

Treo/Centro had all appointments (and could search them) and it was still super fast.
    My old appointments aren't gone. Calendar is much quicker and I have retained all old appointments.

If you are syncing to Exchange, maybe you archived calendar events older than 30 days in Outlook or your company inforced it from a policy in Exchange?

I sync with Google Calendars and I have appointments well beyond 3 months ago on my Pre. Must be your Exchange server (if you're syncing it that way) archiving older appointments, like previously suggested.
    I'm not too sure, but to me this looked new: How to change the APN on the Palm Pre | Marc's Blog

Could you change the APN that easily before?

EDIT: Ok, ignore me... available since 1.3.1
    Last edited by rb2k; 01/17/2010 at 03:18 PM.
    1.3.1 yes, but I had hoped they'd fixed it - but they haven't (in 1.3.5.2). It STILL doesn't work with service providers they haven't already added that means you can change apn and mms settings on providers that already work (if Palm has configured apn/mms correctly when adding those providers in the first place - they usually have). But the apn/mms settings for those providers Palm has forgotten - like 3 in denmark - can NOT be set ("Unable to write settings"). Only when I added 3 to the CarrierNetworkServices.db3 it would save the apn/mms - so the apn/mms settings are not meant to make webOS work with unknown/new providers but only for exisiting providers who've changed their apn/mms servers - or those where Palm set it wrong per default.

and get this.. All other phones does NOT have a built-in list of providers, they simple get all settings from the network automatically... But webOs insists on knowing it in advance and only let the user change it. How bad is that? Plam Centro and Treo would at least let you add/set up an unknown provider. That's a big step in the wrong direction (oh and Centro/treo hand Undo... WebOS has some serious catching up to do).
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    I sync with Google Calendars and I have appointments well beyond 3 months ago on my Pre. Must be your Exchange server (if you're syncing it that way) archiving older appointments, like previously suggested.
    I sync to google as well. I've also tried google exchange sync settings instead. No different - it seems those of you who already had the old appointments (that synced nicely in v1.3.1) didn't loose them - webOS simply no longer syncs or show data older than 2 months and the repair process erased my data so I have no way of getting those old appointments onto my Pre again.

Warning: don't erase those old appoinments on your phones - you won't be able to sync it back
    i just realized i lost a few apps of my own after upgrading.. i guess that due in part to the shift where apps are saved now..
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    With the latest update 1.3.5 it says you can tap on the address from an open contact and it will load it into SN. I tap the address and it goes the first SN window but does not move beyond that point....just hangs there. Any idea what's going on?
    The workaround for now is to open SN first and run in the background...then no hung nav. Hopefully there will be fix for the issue at some point
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"

Quote Originally Posted by rweiss View Post
    My old appointments aren't gone. Calendar is much quicker and I have retained all old appointments.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    If you are syncing to Exchange, maybe you archived calendar events older than 30 days in Outlook or your company inforced it from a policy in Exchange?
    I sync with Google Calendar and all my old appts ARE still present. Did you ever figure thdis out, dfilo?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    is it a new feature that I can now sort email by date, sender or subject? new or not, it's very nice.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345