Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    So I'm sort of a solitaire addict. Either way I've played Klondike Solitaire quite often and at the end when you win a game the cards all start to swirl around, well before the update this swirling would skip and was generally very laggy...after the update thought it's quite different. The swirling motion is very quick and quite smooth. I'm not sure if there is some acceleration going on with the apps, or if it's just a general overall efficiency in Luna, but the update certainly did something to quicken things up
    I found a new hash code in the 1.3.5 code that "Enables Number Masking" when I was digging around in this file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone\app\models\DialStringParser.jsjsjs

This is the hash code: ##7436581#

Number Masking changes the numbers of incoming calls so that you can keep who you're talking to secret.
    hit up that thanks button
    Quote Originally Posted by dez79 View Post
    Not sure if new or not:
    Uploading pictures onto facebook from the photo app now allows for multiple uploads to take place at a time. Just made uploading vacation photos a lot quicker!
    Cheers!
    How did you do multi uploads?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    How did you do multi uploads?
    That's actually always been available.

To do multiple uploads, you just click upload, swipe to the next picture and click upload again. Even if the first one hasn't finished, the next one will start.
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    That's actually always been available.

To do multiple uploads, you just click upload, swipe to the next picture and click upload again. Even if the first one hasn't finished, the next one will start.
    Thanks, I've been using email as the upload to fbook (allows my captions for the pics). Thanks again though!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    With the 1.3.5 update I have a new icon at the top of my screen to the left of the bluetooth icon. It looks like a phone handset above a dial pad. My wife's pre does not have this same icon. can anyone tell me what this icon signifies? It's not a problem, as both phones seem to work just fine, so I am really just curious what it means.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    With the 1.3.5 update I have a new icon at the top of my screen to the left of the bluetooth icon. It looks like a phone handset above a dial pad. My wife's pre does not have this same icon. can anyone tell me what this icon signifies? It's not a problem, as both phones seem to work just fine, so I am really just curious what it means.

Thanks!
    It's TTY. It was always possible to turn it on, and you might have accidentially turned it on while playing with the new update.
    This may be old news, but I just realized that you can download images from the web by holding the orange button and tapping the image. It gives you the option to copy the image or save to photos. Super nice for downloading wallpapers on the go from sites like pre-wallpapers.com!
    Just found a new discovery; not sure which release this came out with though.

When playing a song in the stock Music app, there are menu options that allow various actions such as searching the artist on YouTube or Amazon MP3 or even creating a Pandora station for the artist that's playing.

Sorry if the screenshot shows up HUGE; not sure why it's so large.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Does anyone know who to cut, copy, paste, etc using the orange key instead of using the pull down menu? I noticed I couldn't do this since the last update.
    Quote Originally Posted by epicjuicebox View Post
    This may be old news, but I just realized that you can download images from the web by holding the orange button and tapping the image. It gives you the option to copy the image or save to photos. Super nice for downloading wallpapers on the go from sites like pre-wallpapers.com!
    Yea that's always been there. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TaJuanM View Post
    Does anyone know who to cut, copy, paste, etc using the orange key instead of using the pull down menu? I noticed I couldn't do this since the last update.
    Hold a finger on the gesture area while tapping x(cut), c(copy), or v(paste). Also: a(select all).
    I can't sign on google talk, Yahoo Messenger on my Pre. it's always offline....HELP
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just noticed something, and I haven't gone back to read all the messages, so if it's a repeat, pardon me.

I was downloading NFS and Tetris. I began with NFS, but being the impatient dork that I am, I went and started to download Tetris. The download progress bar wasn't moving at all for Tetris, so I backed out. Decided to get out of the App store, and went to look to see if I had any icons for either game. I did, but each had a progress bar/circle. The NFS one was halfway complete, Tetris was still not moving. Pretty nice that you can see how the download of any app is going within Launcher.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    This one is strange. I installed evernote right after the 1.3.5 update, but did NOT restart as the installer prompted me too. When i later rebooted (15 minutes of toying with 1.3.5 chagnes) the phone shut off and showed the screen saying something about "making system chagnes do not remove the battery", much the same as when the actual update is being applied. I've never seen that after a reboot before. It could be due to trying to install Evernote and not letting it reboot when it wanted to.

I rebooted a couple more times because I had a notificatoin from the app catalog that Evernote did not install propery. Rebooted a few more and each time i saw the timer spinning and "do not remove battery". Also, preware would not launch. It errored out saying "OnFeeds Error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined" Still doing that after deleting the failed Evernote install. Hmm....
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I deleted the evernote install (OrangeKey+click). The applicatoin showed a size of 0K. Everytime i reboot i have a notification from the app store saying that the install failed. What gives? Has anyone had troubles like this installing an app before?
    I had that when trying to delete the inbuilt PDF reader, I ended up doctoring and trying again, personally.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    yet, still no video......sigh
    Someone may have pointed it out already, and i might not remember correctly but before webOS 1.3.5 wasn't blink notification standard under screen and lock? Now i have to use the patch to enable it.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    You always needed a patch for blink notifications.
    Gah, we need this on GSM
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast