Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jteesy View Post
    Haven't moved around it much, but I did notice the symbols layout has changed. Idk if it means there's more, or fewer available though.
    I think you are right, I was serching around for the carrot (^) symbol a few weeks back and it wasent there, not I just sent ^-^ and I got a emote ( is what it shows), but I know the ^ symbol was missing
    Last edited by jakob777; 12/29/2009 at 03:56 PM.
    When I get an email the screen no longer lights up. I am putting this in the new feature area but I did like that functionality... now I can only feel the vibrate when its on my desk to know that I got a new email. Would rather have the option to choose the notification... oh well, still a great update IMO.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Receiving a vcard.vcf via sms or email will offer to add the contact again. (Broken in 1.3.1.)
    Now in contacts when you link a profile the default contact does not automatically change to the most recently linked contact.

They fixed the bug where the musicplayer button would lag.
    I FOUND SOMETHING!

1.3.1: When you had the time stamp patch, anytime you copied the text it would include this timestamp.
    1.3.5: Now when you copy the text with the times stamp patch, it is no longer included.

(time stamp patch i am working with is the "clean" version"

GUT46** yes the picture scrolling is absolutely atrocious to what it once was, so much slower. It is as if the picture waits until it focuses to let you swipe to the next one.
    Last edited by ineedihelp; 12/29/2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    anyone else notice that the select all feature (gesture area + A) now works in messaging? this didn't work for me int 1.3.1
    If you leave a website open in a card and come back to it later, the page doesn't refresh when you open it back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGerbilKing View Post
    If you leave a website open in a card and come back to it later, the page doesn't refresh when you open it back up.
    I'll call that a feature. It was kind of infuriating to not be able to leave an article up to read later when I was out of signal, because it would insist on refreshing, rather than just leaving it there. If I want to refresh, I'll tell it to refresh!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swtoombs View Post
    anyone else notice that the select all feature (gesture area + A) now works in messaging? this didn't work for me int 1.3.1
    and now when doing that in a text field on a web page, the letter 'a' isn't added before selecting the text
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    In the Photos app, when you upload a picture to Facebook, etc. The upload bar is now narrower and at the bottom of the screen, instead of raised, to make room for the other buttons. The uploading process also took less than half as long for me, but your mileage may vary.

Not sure the reason for this, but my phone displays the Dev Mode icon with no patch applied, and I did remove all patches before updating. Does anyone not have a Dev Mode icon?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Anyone else notice that unlocking the screen now requires you to actually touch the lock icon and swipe up when before it would unlock with the upswipe gesture anywhere on the screen? I like this change since I would frequently unlock the phone when removing it from my pocket.
    I am seeing much imporvement in the battery life...this time of day I would typically be down to 60%, right now I have 78%, no change in usage...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Not sure if new or not:
    Uploading pictures onto facebook from the photo app now allows for multiple uploads to take place at a time. Just made uploading vacation photos a lot quicker!
    Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Confirmed here as well. Worked flawlessly on the drive to work today, even when also streaming Shoutcast or listening to DrPodder. Sure wish sprintnav had an independent volume control though. That lady's voice is *LOUD*

I've noticed a delay between when a message comes in and when the alert tone fires though. I may re-tweak the pulseaudio nice level back up to -11 (default on most linux systems). Palm sets it at -4.
    I noticed that also, but forgot to post it. The voice in Sprint Navigation is a lot better. I used it on a 40 minute drive home yesterday with Shoutcast running. No stuttering or crackling. I agree the voice is a little too loud. I also noticed that Shoutcast stops streaming on calls but does no start streaming after the call hanges up. I'm using the BroadCAST Radio client. Is anyone else having this issue? Do I need to use another client? I also want to say that the Pre handles multitasking like a champ now. Running Sprint Navigation, listening to Shoutcast, call comes in, Shoutcast stops streaming, I pick up the call, talk for 3 minutes, then hang up. Sprint Navigation resumes like nothing every happened (had to push play on shoutcast). Phone handles the entire scenario gracefully. Eat your heart out iPhone!
    Last edited by k4ever; 12/30/2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedihelp View Post
    I FOUND SOMETHING!

1.3.1: When you had the time stamp patch, anytime you copied the text it would include this timestamp.
    1.3.5: Now when you copy the text with the times stamp patch, it is no longer included.
    YES this is a great addition
    I used to always have to delete the dag on timestamp when copying something
    go Palm!!
    duno if this was mentioned but phone calls now can come
    in via landscape mode which is weird looking and useless unless watching
    a video but still cool, I am assuming this applies to messaging too?
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

I'm not sure if this is new or if I'm simply adding more photos with contacts; but when I miss a call from a contact with a picture, the persons picture is displayed for the first 20 or so seconds after the missed call.

If I miss a text and I tap on the text in the justification bar, but don't open it, their picture remains displayed above the locked button.
    before 1.3.5 I used to have the patch for the music player(headset track advance vibrate) n after the update I can double tap my headset n skip to the next song n one tap pauses the song without the patch
    not sure if it's in here haven't read all the pages but in the native music player there is now a scrubber (slider bar) in the album view if you touch the name of the song it will appear
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ryan9102; 01/02/2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: added screenshot
    i read a lot of this thread, but not all of it so if someone already said this, whoops! Did anyone else notice the time zones are accurate for facebook calendar? mine used to be 2 hours off and i had it fixed by going through google, but i just unsubscribed to my google fix because the facebook times are correct now.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast