Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041
    I have installed all updates to my phone up to the present 1.3.5.1. There are several apps that I have tried to update, but the updates have failed, now the apps are no longer functioning:

* Stop Timer
    * Easy Stopwatch
    * Evernote

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the apps, but I can't uninstall the broken apps, and the reinstallation always fails.

I installed the apps using WebOS QuickInstall.

The problems began with my update to 1.3.5. I may have left one small tweak on the phone before updating the OS (not seeing Nascar or NFL). The update gave me no complaints. I hope this is fixable without a complete reset.

Thanks,
    Joe Parsons
    Is the 1.3.5.1 a big enought update that we need to do the standard "uninstal" of our patches and themes?
    UPDATE: I installed the 1.3.5.1 update, and so far, it doe snot seem to have affected anything at all!
    Last edited by jakelaw; 01/08/2010 at 12:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    For anyone experiencing the phone being stuck on "Installing Update":

Just plug it into power and the phone will probably reboot on it's own, and then start installing the update when it comes back up. Worked for me. Good luck.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmparsons View Post
    I have installed all updates to my phone up to the present 1.3.5.1. There are several apps that I have tried to update, but the updates have failed, now the apps are no longer functioning:

* Stop Timer
    * Easy Stopwatch
    * Evernote

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling the apps, but I can't uninstall the broken apps, and the reinstallation always fails.

I installed the apps using WebOS QuickInstall.

The problems began with my update to 1.3.5. I may have left one small tweak on the phone before updating the OS (not seeing Nascar or NFL). The update gave me no complaints. I hope this is fixable without a complete reset.

Thanks,
    Joe Parsons
    I have same issue, although the Evernote finally updated successfully. I think it might just be a APP bug. Give it some time to see if it finally fixxes itself. I uninstalled all updates when updating OS, so i dont think it's related.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I have a question. Every time I click on the updates app it comes up and says application updates are now available (Show Updates) even when I dont have any updates to perform. Does this always show up even when you dont have updates or is there something I need to do to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    I've gotten an "Unable to connect. Try again later." message about 6 times in a row now. Users are hammering the update site.
    I've been getting this "unable to connect" message for several days, although I have tried to download in several locations, some with very good connections. Do I just wait and wait, or is something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by The818studios View Post
    I have a question. Every time I click on the updates app it comes up and says application updates are now available (Show Updates) even when I dont have any updates to perform. Does this always show up even when you dont have updates or is there something I need to do to fix this?
    Mine does this too.. Only since I updated to 1.3.5.1
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Mine does this too.. Only since I updated to 1.3.5.1
    So I'm not the only one! I started a new thread about this to see if I could get some incite but no posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The818studios View Post
    So I'm not the only one! I started a new thread about this to see if I could get some incite but no posts.
    I think the Update app just reminds you that Updating apps is now done via tha App Catalog.

As of 1.3.5, App updates are now done through the App Catalog app. Click on shopping cart in lower right. If apps can be updated, a button to Update all apps will be there. If no apps are ready for update, then the button will not be there (but it will still show all your installed apps)
    HERE IS YOUR FIX BY Baldheadmatt. The best way to fix all of the third part app problems and the App Louncher giving you a restart problem after update 1.3.5 is to do a Full Erase. To do this open Phone Info app, scroll down to Reset Options and tap that, then scroll down to Full Erase and tap. Once you get it back up sign into your profile and let it install all of your apps from the App Launcher and Cantacts, NOTE, THIS WILL NOT DELETE ITEM STORED ON THE USB HARD DRIVE PORTION. You should still have the update 1.3.5. After compleating those steps you can start installing the Third party apps againg with no Problems. Everything works as if the update was never installed. The reason for the problems is the update jams the scripts and causes even some of the Palm apps to not work correcty, but when installed first it will understand the scripts correctly.
    Hm... I was thinking 1.3.5 actualisation was 12-13MB big... but it seems not to be...

I do live in Spain, and I just wanted to update my phone OS, and what do i get, the biggest update ever XD, here you got a screen:

img683.imageshack.us/img683/535/actumovil.png
    (Can't put the image because i got less than 10 posts, copy and paste the link)

127MB!!!!!!!!!!!
    picked up a replacement phone from the sprint call center yesterday. I want to update to 1.3.5 but when it checks for updates the new update doesn't come up. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by madness67203 View Post
    picked up a replacement phone from the sprint call center yesterday. I want to update to 1.3.5 but when it checks for updates the new update doesn't come up. Any ideas?
    Same here. Picked up a new one from Sprint yesterday. It's at 1.3.1 and the updater says it's up to date.

Similar behavior posted here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-1-3-5-a.html and here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...os-doctor.html. Both posts from today.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Did anyone get the Updating system screen on the pre twice with the status circle?
    Ever since I updated to 1.3.5, I get the "Updating the system" boot screen each time I restart my Pre and/or Luna. It only flashes for a split second. Has anyone else noticed this? Not causing any issues really, I just find it SUPER annoying.
    Last edited by rebowling; 01/24/2010 at 07:43 PM.
    is anyone having issues with their email and not not being able to receive new ones unless you refresh the list?
    Quote Originally Posted by quita86 View Post
    is anyone having issues with their email and not not being able to receive new ones unless you refresh the list?
    Are you on WIFI when this is happening? Check out the Pre-central Blog cover story from yesterday.... Looks like Push email failures are happening to SOME people. I don't have that problem, but I think that article links to a support thread for those with the problem... Hope this helps you track down the issue
    Just closing the loop on my last post... that situation resolved itself later in the evening.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041