Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041 LastLast
    I have read through about 14 pages and not found the same problem. After I installed, I keep getting the page pop-up that states "Update Installed". I have rebooted and removed the battery and it keeps popping up. Any help is appreciated.
    Hey I have a Bell Pre (Canada) is 1.3.5 avail here ? Because I SO thought I already installed it -- like WEEKS ago -- but i just realized my pre is still 1.3.1

***? and when I go to my updates app it says its up to date!?!?!??

Do I have to remove all patches/themes/etc. in order to update? or whats the prob?

PLEASE HELP
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingislife View Post
    I have read through about 14 pages and not found the same problem. After I installed, I keep getting the page pop-up that states "Update Installed". I have rebooted and removed the battery and it keeps popping up. Any help is appreciated.
    This thread is for 'New Features & Changes', why not start your own thread? I'm sure plenty of people will be happy to help.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    This thread is for 'New Features & Changes', why not start your own thread? I'm sure plenty of people will be happy to help.
    Even better, why not search -- then post -- in the 1.3.5 Issues thread which has already been created (and might even have the answer? Honestly, I don't know if the answer is there or not.)

Here's the link:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-5-issues.html
    Put on webos 1.3.5 saturday. Sunday morning at church discovered the additional bible translations I had added to simple bible were no longer installed.
    The only one is KJV which is the default translation. So, it's monday and I just had to reinstall the other versions. The downloads were there and had to be re-added. It's fixed.
    Wayne
    After well over half an hour (maybe closer to an hour), I got fed up and yanked the battery. When I put it back in and powered up, it continued the install and appears to have done it successfully. So I guess you need to be selective about when you're willing to ignore system warning messages like "Do not remove battery"
    I am having problems with my pre not syncing with my google calendar. I removed the patches before the upgrade but did NOT remove preware. I have since run the migration app which solved my app store download problem, but with the new years I seem not able to sync with google calendar. I have done a full erase three times and tried removing my google calendar account and adding it again. I have tried running webOSdoctor 1.3.5 but it would not recognize my phone. I am at my wits end to get this working - any ideas??

update - I forced a webos doctor reset and reset my phone - it still won't sync to my google calendar, but I made a new google account and put some items in it and it IS syncing with that google account. Any ideas? Thanks!!!
    Last edited by rseyedoc; 01/04/2010 at 03:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Does the 1.3.5 update make the Pre any faster? I switched to a HTC Hero but I still have the Pre. It's laggyness was killing me.
    I downloaded the new update and of course, it messed up preware. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Package Manager and Preware both as instructed.

However, Preware does not recognize all of the old patches, etc as being installed and when I try to install them, I get an error.

Can anyone help me here? Thanks and sorry if this should be easy.

--Shelly
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewj318 View Post
    Yep . . . . I noticed that as well. Tried switching preferences back and forth between Google and Sprint. Google always worked, Sprint always failed.
    Same problem here.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    For the new 1.3.5.1 update, is it still required that all patches/themes be removed? It's only 1MB.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanism View Post
    Does the 1.3.5 update make the Pre any faster? I switched to a HTC Hero but I still have the Pre. It's laggyness was killing me.
    There is a but nothing monumental.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    how do i do the quick install to my cumputer to get started???
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frontpage10 View Post
    how do i do the quick install to my cumputer to get started???
    Great instructions in post #2 here. If you need any help, just post your questions here. Welcome to the world of Homebrew!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    For the new 1.3.5.1 update, is it still required that all patches/themes be removed? It's only 1MB.
    I hope not...

I'm so p!ssed right now. It took 15 trys to get Quick Install to get all my patched back without messing up, then I reinstall Preware and it wants me update EPR and then runs it for some unknow reason. Then i need to intall the patches all over again (only 10 tries this time)... and now i might have to wipe it clean and go it again!

VVTF? And why can't we save the patched we have installed somewhere and just click "put all those back"?

Someone please tell me you did the 1.3.5.1 update and it was OK.

EDIT: Per people having luck here: (im not allowed to post links, but else where on this forum)I just installed the update with patches intact. No problems.
    Last edited by dtdprobe; 01/06/2010 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdprobe View Post
    And why can't we save the patched we have installed somewhere and just click "put all those back"?
    Have a read of the Preware Features Roadmap thread.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdprobe View Post
    VVTF? And why can't we save the patched we have installed somewhere and just click "put all those back"?
    When you say, "why can't we," who exactly are you talking to? Because of course the patches and such that you're complaining about not being able to have single click access to were enabled by a very hard-working bunch of volunteers. Incidentally, I'm not one of them--just an appreciative user.

I'm assuming by your tone that you've made a very serious donation to their efforts? Otherwise, I'm just not sure how you can complain so loudly about what they haven't managed to accomplish yet. On their own time. Voluntarily.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by gbritton View Post
    Here's another nice bugfix in 1.3.5:

There's been a long standing bug in audio streaming where a paused streaming object will prevent the device from sleeping and infact cause repeated TCP connections to the server (draining battery quite quickly). I found this bug using Ampache Mobile where it was easily reproduced, but it is believed Pandora suffered from this as well.

Re-testing the issue on 1.3.5 with Ampache Mobile shows that this bug appears to have finally been solved. Should result in a welcome battery life improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by dacsailor View Post
    So that's what happened the other day to my battery!? I actually believe I was streaming radio with Radiotime, but boy my battery drained from about 80% to about 15% in less than 30 minutes. Do you know if 1.3.5 also fixes this for Radiotime? Well, I guess I will give it a try myself and I will report back...
    Well, I finally tested Radiotime. I started streaming a radio station and then hit "pause". Let it sit there in the background for about 30 minutes and I had not lost any significant amount of battery...maybe a coupler % but that's it. I think gbritton is right about 1.3.5 fixing this issue.
    The new 1.3.5.1 update is now out. This morning it started self-installing (over my selection of "install later") before I could uninstall my themes and patches, run Emergency Patch Recovery, etc. When the install is finished, what should I do to next? Thanks for any help.
    To answer my own question, the update successfully installed, and (so far at least) it looks like all my patches are intact. I am having some problems running Preware successfully, but am working on it. Apparently the update was only to fix the issue some of us had with our Exchange calendar events disappearing.