Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041 LastLast
    not sure if it's in here haven't read all the pages but in the native music player there is now a scrubber (slide bar) in the album view if you touch the name of the song it will appear
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Somebody asked/mentioned earlier about "stutter" in the Sprint Nav app. On mine it certainly seems to be fixed. Street name is clearly audible, no omissions. I assume that's what was meant by "stutter" - before 1.3.5 the voice would say "Turn right on ... long pause...Drive" - leaving out the name of the street. Now works as expected. Cheers.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    so i love the new preware that ihave on my phone after spending all day trying to figure out how to put themes on my phone i stumbled across the preware which has all the themes in it and you can download from phone only it didnt work do i need to be in dev mode or could it be cause i did it from the computer first and then from the phone later i dont know is anybody else have a problem with getting the themes to work from the preware
    Quote Originally Posted by WAJKazoo View Post
    Is wondering why people need to announce that they are downloading
    a bunch of little kids dontcha know
    I caught this also. Oddly enough it was 12/4!!! I wonder if this is a strange coincidence or somethin bigger. I will say 1.3.5 seems to have fixed it though
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken M View Post
    I noticed something wierd after my 1.3.5 update. I hope this is not a Palm systemic issue - Check yer backup - preferably before the update installs. I backed out my patch (I only have one) and made sure Preware was up to the new version (0.9.27 I think) before doing my upgrade. All went well and I have no issues, but after the fact, realized I'd forgotten to force a last minute backup. So I went to check it - mine was dated 12/4/09! Looks like my Pre hasn't been practicing safe backups. While all is well for me, it made me wonder how many other folks have outdated backups and don't realize it.
    I caught this also. Oddly enough it was 12/4!!! I wonder if this is a strange coincidence or somethin bigger. I will say 1.3.5 seems to have fixed it though
    I can't believe that no one mentioned that the new wos is not aviable in canada yet. After d days trying to get update and after talking to bell tec they didn't even know that is not aviable in canada. So much for bell customer service .They told me to do rests and every thing but nothing worked. It wasn't until talked to palm tec that there is no upgrade for bell users. Bell tec and bell cusyomer really sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzadude View Post
    Noticed this on mine before I updated to 1.3.5 as well.
    Mine was on 12/4 as well. Also did a manual backup prior to 1.3.5, and it's working fine now.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Just call bell and they said new updates come out jan5. Bell still sucks.
    hi, i have this problem. i forgot to removed the themes and the patches befor i updated. now i have some patches and no control over them... for exampel i have 4x4 v3 icons and i can't change it. can somebody pleace help me? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyev View Post
    Just call bell and they said new updates come out jan5. Bell still sucks.
    Cool thanks for the heads up. It does suck they take so long. Maybe they added something specific to their own updates.
    Hey I got a problem...

I uninstalled the theme I was usinbg and I uninstalled all patched I had installed.

But if I go to the update of my phone, it says that there no update avaliable...

What am I missing? Please help me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Maschke View Post
    Hey I got a problem...

I uninstalled the theme I was usinbg and I uninstalled all patched I had installed.

But if I go to the update of my phone, it says that there no update avaliable...

What am I missing? Please help me...
    Did you update the Package Manager Service/Preware?
    Yes I have.....
    I found a new hash code in the 1.3.5 code that "Enables Number Masking" when I was digging around in this file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone\app\models\DialStringParser.jsjsjs

This is the hash code: ##7436581#

Number Masking changes the numbers of incoming calls so that you can keep who you're talking to secret.
    hit up that thanks button
    i installed the update and removed and re-installed the tweaks, but i cant get the 'new cards for each messaging conversation' tweak to work. i keep getting an error while trying to reload it. is there something else i need to do or do some of these tweaks not work anymore? thanks...
    I noticed that now when you are connected to wifi, if your Pre goes to sleep it wakes up without having to reconnect to wifi.

Looks like it just keeps the connection as long as its in range. Sweet.
    Update to 1.3.5, after the restart my phone is offline. Restarted again. Same problem.

Contacted the online palm support. Here is the dialogue that led to the fix in case anyone else had the same problem.

10:30 AM Michael Buys: I just finished the update to 1.3.5 and my phone is offline. Everything else seems to be working fine including email.
    10:30 AM Michael Buys: via wifi
    10:31 AM Peter: Did you try any steps to resolve this issue?
    10:32 AM Michael Buys: I restarted the phone again. No luck. I couldn't see anywhere else in the phone that would help.
    10:33 AM Peter: Oh, my apologies.
    10:33 AM Peter: Let's reset the Pre using web OS doctor.
    10:33 AM Peter: Before that we will perform a backup.
    10:33 AM Peter: Tap on Backup icon on Pre and tap on "Backup now" option.

10:33 AM Peter: It will perform a manual backup.
    10:33 AM Michael Buys: performing backup now.
    10:34 AM Michael Buys: done
    10:34 AM Peter: If you have any photos or music files then transfer them to PC.
    10:36 AM Michael Buys: When I connected to my computer, did not get the option to use as USB drive.
    10:36 AM Michael Buys: Is there another way to manually do it?
    10:36 AM Peter: Let's take an alternate option.
    10:36 AM Peter: Press Option key( orange button ) + Sym button + letter U

10:38 AM Michael Buys: nothing happened. I don't think my computer recognized the device now.
    10:38 AM Peter: Let's remove and replace the battery of the device.
    10:38 AM Peter: Open the link below and follow the steps. Let me know if you need help.

10:39 AM Peter has sent a portal.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/44919_en.html

10:39 AM Michael Buys: in process
    10:39 AM Peter: Okay.
    10:42 AM Michael Buys: done
    10:42 AM Michael Buys: phone still offline
    10:43 AM Peter: Connect the Pre to the PC now and check whether you are able to select USB drive option now.
    10:44 AM Michael Buys: no dice
    10:44 AM Peter: oh, my apologies.
    10:44 AM Peter: In that case, let's proceed with the web OS doctor.
    10:44 AM Michael Buys: recharge icon on battery shows up, but nothing else
    10:44 AM Peter: Open the link below to download the software. Let me know if you need help.

10:44 AM Peter has sent a link: ws.palm.com/SupportDownload/app?service=external/Home&sp=44

10:45 AM Peter: Download the web OS doctor on your PC.
    10:47 AM Michael Buys: In process
    10:47 AM Peter: Okay.
    10:53 AM Michael Buys: ok. download is complete.
    10:53 AM Peter: Please run it.
    10:54 AM Michael Buys: in process
    10:54 AM Peter: Follow the prompts on your PC.
    10:54 AM Peter: Let me know if you have any problems.
    10:58 AM Peter: Did you initiate the process?
    10:58 AM Michael Buys: it asks me to connect the phone to the computer, which it is, but it doesn't seem to recognize it.
    10:59 AM Peter: Oh, I see.
    10:59 AM Peter: Let's set the device in recovery mode.
    10:59 AM Peter: I suggest you to kindly follow the below steps on Palm device:

10:59 AM Peter: Insert the USB cable into the AC charger, and insert the AC charger into a wall outlet.

10:59 AM Peter: Remove and reinsert the phone battery.

10:59 AM Peter: Press and hold the volume up button, and insert the USB cable into the phone.

10:59 AM Peter: A large USB icon should appear on the phone screen.

10:59 AM Peter: Disconnect the USB cable from the AC charger.

11:00 AM Peter: Connect the USB cable to the computer, windows will install the device drivers wait for few seconds and the "Next" should be enabled.

11:00 AM Peter: If it prompts to Restart the computer please go ahead and restart the computer.

11:00 AM Michael Buys: the program starts, a c:+window pops up with the novacom service and says "service removed". It then asks to connect the phone to the computer, but the next button is not active.
    11:00 AM Peter: Okay.
    11:01 AM Michael Buys: The device this time did allow me to choose to charge or use USB device. I chose USB device, but it still didn't recognize it.
    11:01 AM Peter: Follow the above steps to put the phone in recovery mode.
    11:03 AM Peter: Follow the above steps and let me know the outcome.
    11:03 AM Michael Buys: in process
    11:07 AM Michael Buys: worked this time after doing the above. WebOS in process
    11:07 AM Peter: Cool.
    11:07 AM Peter: Depending on your battery level, the recovery process can take anywhere from 15 minutes to one hour.
    Last edited by hjbuys; 01/04/2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Resolution of Problem
    that doesn't do anything by pulling the battery. I should receive a new pre today at the sprint center. not sure if i will homebrew this one