Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041 LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I will test it out and let you know.
    100% stock phone showing the ROM error (!) after attempting to install 1.3.5 while connected to the charger. Trying WebOS Doctor now, hopefully that will fix it, if not I'm going to be ****ed considering it's New Years Day and I don't think anything is open.

working now after a few tries with WebOS Doctor. Initially my PC didn't want to detect the Pre even though it had in the past without issue. Seems to be a little bit more responsive from what I can tell. Curious about the battery life so I'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by doxed; 01/01/2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: update
    Has the update affected the phone app at all? Also, has it improved reception at all?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Ok the things I've noticed for changes in 1.3.5

- Location Tagging for photos is now an option in LOCATION services (was this there before)
    -When I updated to 1.3.5 after doing a complete uninstall and reinstall and updating to a dummy profile and then switching back to correct profile, my launcher pages were still there
    -When updating to 1.3.5 and the passwords wouldn't update, the profile updater let me update my passwords in before the phone updated completely before phone completely updated all together

Has anyone else seen these changes?
    Last edited by iGreg01; 01/01/2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Analog clock theme is there (oops sorry...)
    Quote Originally Posted by iGreg01 View Post
    -The analog clock is no longer there (was this gone before)
    Mine's still there.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Mine's still there.
    Oops, sorry it is there!!
    is the battery life improved with the new update?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrypars View Post
    I will test it out and let you know.
    Pixielee - it doesn't charge when off. That is a good to know
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaniel76 View Post
    Mine still scrolls from top-to-bottom/bottom-to-top (horizontally)
    Ha! You went to LSU, didn't you!
    hey every i downloaded the new update now i cant download apps from the app store and i get a onfreeds error it says type error: cannot reas property length of underfined please help what do i do
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9102 View Post
    not sure if it's in here haven't read all the pages but in the native music player there is now a scrubber in the album view if you touch the name of the song it will appear
    What's a scrubber?
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    What's a scrubber?
    A wench that cleans floors.

Either that or the draggable 'nub' on the progress bar of a song that lets you jump to a specific part of the track.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    A wench that cleans floors.

Either that or the draggable 'nub' on the progress bar of a song that lets you jump to a specific part of the track.
    Lol.

Or it's something that cleans and recycles air on a spaceship...someday. Sorry, I was infected with the sci fi bug at a young and impressionable age.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  14. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Yes my battery life had greatly improved.
    the same problem
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Accidentally updated without removing any previous tweaks or themes (rebooted the phone after it notified of an update, causing it to automatically update on boot). Think I may have lucked out. Seems to be working.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post
    Update Network Settings works for me but I had to enable Data Usage. Having problems updating PRL though.
    I had to turn Wifi off, then it updated with no problem.
    have read lots of this thread, but not all of it...so pardon if this has been addressed, but my wife's pixi has been getting the too many cards error somewhat frequently post update, despite having at most a few cards running (and occasionally getting the message with zero cards running) Anyone else experiencing this?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Anybody notice wifi stays active while in sleep mode!
    Yes, that's one of the first things I noticed, and about the only thing that made me happy about this update.

The other good thing is that the Sprint Nav audio seems to be fixed after the 1.3.1 screwing. The voice doesn't chop and drop from what little testing I did.

Other than that, this update hasn't tripped my trigger. All the comments about things being faster and snappier, hopefully that is new, but after every update everything has been snappier just because the phone gets a fresh restart. I restart mine every now and then just for that reason.

The one thins that I'm still really ****ed about is that while on the Touchstone, using an external speaker source (like in the car) the mic is still dead. Meaning, using it as a hands-free speaker phone in the car, which worked awesome from the beginning until 1.3.1, is still just a memory.

Oh, and the fact that while on the Touchstone, only Sprint Nav. will keep the screen from locking still. Yet another 1.3.1 screw up, in my opinion.

In the next update, I'd like to see the phone app actually act more like a phone and respond quicker than 2-3 seconds when flipping from dialer to call history etc. It's kind of a PITA to sit and wait for the dialer to to press options for example.

I still think the Pre is pretty cool, but they've screwed up what should be core, fundamental functionality of a phone/smart phone. It would be nice to hear why they did some of those things. I think I see a new phone in my future; and maybe a new carrier after 14 years.
    Anyone else having problem singing on all the way what loading the chat area ( AIM, YAHOO, etc.. )
    Once i hit available it seems to load some but the keeps saying signing in......
    not sure what to check..
    ( worked fine before i did the update, and i also did a format and then fresh install )
    X//\/\\X