Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041 LastLast
    App Catalog new feature:

I'm not sure if this is new, this is where I think this would get posted and couldn't find anything.

Looks like Palm is working on a new feature within the App Catalog for knowing what applications are installed on your phone outside of the control panel. When I went to the update app today to see what applications had updates it linked to a new part via "show updates" button in the App Catalog called "My Applications". I was not able to find it any other way than thru the Updates application.

Curious how we'll be able to access it in the future, but it should be noted that is a new feature in 1.3.5.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I can confirm that the Sprint Navigation GPS voice stuttering issue has been fixed! =D
    Quote Originally Posted by eldondada View Post
    i updated my palm pre with the new webos. now when i connect it to my computer it says it cant find a novacom driver. can anyone help?
    Start WebOS Quick Install.

Go to "File" in the menu.
    Select "Options"
    Click "attempt Novacom (re)installation"
    my preware still doesnt work please help me out here..i tried to installl it again throw quick install but still same problem.
    I noticed something wierd after my 1.3.5 update. I hope this is not a Palm systemic issue - Check yer backup - preferably before the update installs. I backed out my patch (I only have one) and made sure Preware was up to the new version (0.9.27 I think) before doing my upgrade. All went well and I have no issues, but after the fact, realized I'd forgotten to force a last minute backup. So I went to check it - mine was dated 12/4/09! Looks like my Pre hasn't been practicing safe backups. While all is well for me, it made me wonder how many other folks have outdated backups and don't realize it.
    Author of Exch-Calc, Dog Years, Cat Years and all future creations of Pre-zy Software. Available in the Application Catalog.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    I noticed my ringtone that was cut off before on 1.3.1 now works fine on 1.3.5.

Strange. Mine still isn't working correctly. Still cut off.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbritton View Post
    Here's another nice bugfix in 1.3.5:

There's been a long standing bug in audio streaming where a paused streaming object will prevent the device from sleeping and infact cause repeated TCP connections to the server (draining battery quite quickly). I found this bug using Ampache Mobile where it was easily reproduced, but it is believed Pandora suffered from this as well.

Re-testing the issue on 1.3.5 with Ampache Mobile shows that this bug appears to have finally been solved. Should result in a welcome battery life improvement.
    So that's what happened the other day to my battery!? I actually believe I was streaming radio with Radiotime, but boy my battery drained from about 80% to about 15% in less than 30 minutes. Do you know if 1.3.5 also fixes this for Radiotime? Well, I guess I will give it a try myself and I will report back...
    Loving 1.3.5. My battery never got below 50% yesterday. Usually it would die on me around 8:00 p.m.

The down side, I had to reset my phone and my alarm didnt go off this morning. I ran into work half dressed. Still loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GolpherZX View Post
    App Catalog new feature:

I'm not sure if this is new, this is where I think this would get posted and couldn't find anything.

Looks like Palm is working on a new feature within the App Catalog for knowing what applications are installed on your phone outside of the control panel. When I went to the update app today to see what applications had updates it linked to a new part via "show updates" button in the App Catalog called "My Applications". I was not able to find it any other way than thru the Updates application.

Curious how we'll be able to access it in the future, but it should be noted that is a new feature in 1.3.5.
    That was there in beta.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JMack817 View Post
    i think this was a common issue with all people. mine is doing the same. but i like it that way. it makes it faster to get back to taking pictures. instead of having to swipe back 2 or three times to get back to the camera. if you are wanting to look through your photos... open the photo app and do it from there. that is the beauty of having a phone that does multiple apps at once.
    In 1.3.1 when viewing photos you took by clicking in the camera app, one swipe back would take you back to the camera. This is nothing new, they only removed the other button.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    I'm not sure I approve of this. I'd prefer a consistent experience across all areas of the phone. I liked the little curved corners... they softened everything.
    Agreed, the square corners are very jarring and out of place to me as well. Plus in the web browser it doesn't really give you any more usable space. I hope it's just a bug.
    Anyone else unable to get Sprint Navigation and Google Maps to work after tapping a Contact's address? Google Maps comes up as it normally would if I were to launch it from quick launch and Sprint Navigation just sits at the initial splash screen and never goes any further. I have tried rebooting my phone and have tried several different contacts all with this result.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    Anyone else unable to get Sprint Navigation and Google Maps to work after tapping a Contact's address? Google Maps comes up as it normally would if I were to launch it from quick launch and Sprint Navigation just sits at the initial splash screen and never goes any further. I have tried rebooting my phone and have tried several different contacts all with this result.
    I've got the same issue. Tried different remedies, but so far nothing works.

On edit: turns out it does work IF you already have Sprint Nav running. Must be a software bug for the case where it starts up Nav.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I know this was mentioned elsewhere but 1.3.5 appears to not turn off the Wifi radio
    when it sleeps.

That's swell if you don't like waiting the extra second after you
    wake it up to access the network, but from what I can tell it also drains the battery
    about twice as fast while on standby. According to the battery monitor app,
    it's now idling at about 6-7mA where it used to idle 2-3mA.
    My testing is still in the early stages, but if this holds up, it's going to be a major pain,
    as I spend most of my time on standby in a Wifi environment. I was getting about
    36 hours on standby before. This would cut it to 18 or less.

ian
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I can't find that patch!!! Is it in the suppository somewhere? Do I need root my phone down? PLEASE HELP!
    This was a joke. They are pulling your leg..lol
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    If the pre is on the charger(not touchstone) and I turn it off - let's say at night, the phone stays off! It does not magically reset instead of turning off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I know this was mentioned elsewhere but 1.3.5 appears to not turn off the Wifi radio
    when it sleeps.

That's swell if you don't like waiting the extra second after you
    wake it up to access the network, but from what I can tell it also drains the battery
    about twice as fast while on standby. According to the battery monitor app,
    it's now idling at about 6-7mA where it used to idle 2-3mA.
    My testing is still in the early stages, but if this holds up, it's going to be a major pain,
    as I spend most of my time on standby in a Wifi environment. I was getting about
    36 hours on standby before. This would cut it to 18 or less.

ian
    It does eventually turn off wifi, give it 30-45 minutes or so of being in sleep. I can deal with a slight extra drain on the battery in exchange for the convenience of not having to reconnect to my AP every single time my phone goes to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by art_sjc View Post
    Agreed, the square corners are very jarring and out of place to me as well. Plus in the web browser it doesn't really give you any more usable space. I hope it's just a bug.
    There's some speculation that this is preparation for landscape gaming, where the rounded corners would be problematic.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  19. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Sprint nav works if you open it before you press on a contact's address. Other than that it locks up on the start screen.

Overall Great update!!!! Have not charged my pre in over 24 hrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrypars View Post
    If the pre is on the charger(not touchstone) and I turn it off - let's say at night, the phone stays off! It does not magically reset instead of turning off.
    but did it charge? I had 4% battery ( after the update the battery wont last more than 3 to 4 hours ) so I plugged it in, then powered it off .. it stayed off, however, 6 hours later when I turned it on again .. still dead battery! I didnt know if it was a flukey thing or if its "normal"
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it