Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jadoogan View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a change, but when you touch a text message to reply, the gradient seems stronger.

Also, I thought I used to get notifications when my phone is locked. I'm not getting them anymore. That's a bit of a bummer.
    There is a setting to change this in the screen/lock options.
    I am also happy about the speed improvements with this update....its still not great but wayyyy better than 1.3.1...hopefully they show up at CES with that GPU integration update and make things really fast
    I travel all over the US and have never had a clock issue even when changing time zones
  4. jmf
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Was it in 1.3.1 or 1.3.5 or me? I am just noticing that the Pre on charge stays unlocked until unplugged from charger.

jmf
    In the app catalog if you touch the title at the top of the screen where the name is it drops down to show more information (version, date updated and file size). I dont know if anyone posted this I really didnt feel like sorting through 16 pages to find out.
    reinstalled... preware, emergency migration and tried to update premanager to to 2.96... all I could do was 2.97.... reboot, launched, java, luna everything... can 't get all of my patches... only about 6.... what am I doing wrong???? take pity on my lack of technyness (not a word)... thanks for any and all suggestions...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf View Post
    Was it in 1.3.1 or 1.3.5 or me? I am just noticing that the Pre on charge stays unlocked until unplugged from charger.

jmf
    That was there in 1.3.1. Not sure if any older versions did it.
    does anyone think the update increased the processor speed?

Its just that everything is a little snappier. But what made me think this was the system sounds. It plays quicker now. A fraction of a second quicker.
    greenawayj:

No, the message was the standard one we all got befor the app limit was removed -- telling me how to remove apps I didn't need -- but telling me I needed to delete some 90 or so megs of apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by jadoogan View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a change, but when you touch a text message to reply, the gradient seems stronger.
    I'm not sure if the messaging gradient changed either but I noticed it looked different to me yesterday but didn't make any mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post

Its just that everything is a little snappier. But what made me think this was the system sounds. It plays quicker now. A fraction of a second quicker.
    My phone is much snappier. I think they just fixed the memory leak.
    The patch allowing one to view email in landscape will not install. I had the same issue with the V-Keyboard but was able to find a patch for obsolate V-Keyboard. After installing that patch and then going after the V-Keyboard again everything worked for it. Is there a fix for the landscaps email mode?
    Prior to 1.3.5 one could access the bookmarks with the volume keys while in landscape mode. How can you access them now?
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    In my opinion this is the best update to webos to date. Everything is quicker and more refined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotewayne View Post
    The patch allowing one to view email in landscape will not install. I had the same issue with the V-Keyboard but was able to find a patch for obsolate V-Keyboard. After installing that patch and then going after the V-Keyboard again everything worked for it. Is there a fix for the landscaps email mode?
    Give it time.. Developers need to update their patches to work with 1.3.5.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post

Nothing changed in the processor speed. If you issue the linux command to look at the time at various speeds, it's still running at 500MHz (and a few smaller times at 550MHz), just as before.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly Stroope View Post
    Anyone notice LED notifications working without the patch? Mine was going off while on the touchstone, and I haven't got around to re-installing it yet.
    Yes, my Pre still has the LED notification even though I did the EPR then updated to 1.3.5. That is nice though, so no complain. Not sure if Palm enabled this LED feature or our LED patch got stuck and didn't remove during EPR???
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Ok, I updated to 1.3.5 via a wifi connection while having my data connection turned off (thanks to a preware patch). Prior to updating I ran the emergency patch removal tool and uninstalled my theme. After the update ran, my data connection is still disabled. I can only get data connection via wifi. Does anyone know if there is a quick way to enable the data connection on the phone? I know I can probably reinstall preware and the patch that allows me to turn the data connection on and off, but I am on vacation and don't have all my "tools" with me. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Not having a data connection sucks!
    can't you just go to the phone app, then preferences, under network there is a toggle for data usage on or off
    Confirmed here as well. Worked flawlessly on the drive to work today, even when also streaming Shoutcast or listening to DrPodder. Sure wish sprintnav had an independent volume control though. That lady's voice is *LOUD*

I've noticed a delay between when a message comes in and when the alert tone fires though. I may re-tweak the pulseaudio nice level back up to -11 (default on most linux systems). Palm sets it at -4.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandager View Post
    Good News! The new Palm Pre Update 1.3.5, must have solved the problem of Bluetooth protocol not allowing transferring the address book to BMW's computer/display. After installing the update, I tried the connection between the phone and the car. Voila. The address book transferred!

One thing I've learned over the past couple of months while the address book wasn't transferring: Using the Pre's speed dial makes placing a call to your most called numbers a whole lot easier while driving.

A combination of the address book access and speed dialing should make calling while driving a whole lot simpler (probably safer too).

I still wonder why Palm doesn't repeat the Palm Treo feature of "favorites". Those 75 contacts transferred easily with just a name and a selected phone number. In the current Palm Pre system, it transfers every phone number available for each contact in your address book! Way too much unnecessary informaiton while you're driving. There should be an "app for that" if Palm won't do it themselves!
    Get a better head unit that lets you quickly and easily select the numbers you want to call? :-)

I like the way my pioneer does it. My kenwood unit, however, fails in a major way with this (as it does with its interface in general. I'll never buy another kenwood ever again).