Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andyeager1 View Post
    what happen to led notification i can not install this it keep saying error installing see ipkg log help help please !!!!!!!!!!
    Andyeager1,
    No offense, but try a freaking search. I just scrolled through 270 posts in this topic and I would bet that probably 60 of them are pertaining to the LED notification. Pick any page and you will see this question has been asked and answered numerous times.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    Anyone notice that if someone text you while ur phone is booting up you get a notification tone?
    That isn't a new feature. it happened to me with WebOS 1.3.1.

The easiest way to try it is to download the 1.3.5 update, but don't install it. then restart your phone. you will get the notification tone before the GUI boots up.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    enjoying the new updates
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Really palm? This is yet another worthless update. I have a stupid 911 button that I've accidently called 911 on several times, I can't see what time it is with a pin lock and the phone on the charger without unlocking the phone, I can't view my email in landscape mode, my LED doesn't flash when I have a new msg, etc etc etc.

Yet in another worthless update you've found time for your programmers to redo the font of the time, (which I can't even see when the phone is pin locked on a charger) put a progress bar on the install logo, and move the 911 button but not give me the option to remove it. Brilliant...
    Learn how to use patches.
    I also find doing a partial erase after or before I update helps preware.
    Otherwise it finds all the apps as unkown, which preware needs to fix...
    ...and one more thing.
    Just another reason to do partial erase...is because it'll download your Palm Catalog apps in the background for you, automatically.
    EDIT:
    Boo. can't post pictures. need more posts
    Last edited by dapezboy; 12/30/2009 at 02:24 AM.
    Really palm? This is yet another worthless update. I have a stupid 911 button that I've accidently called 911 on several times, I can't see what time it is with a pin lock and the phone on the charger without unlocking the phone, I can't view my email in landscape mode, my LED doesn't flash when I have a new msg, etc etc etc.

Yet in another worthless update you've found time for your programmers to redo the font of the time, (which I can't even see when the phone is pin locked on a charger) put a progress bar on the install logo, and move the 911 button but not give me the option to remove it. Brilliant...
    that 911 issue is what finally convinced me to go Preware. Now no more 911 issue. At least in webos 1.3.5 it requires an additional 2 clicks to dial 911 but I'd much rather remove it as I did with the Preware patch

While I agree that Palm, itself, should provide these things, Preware can get around most, if not all, of them. Check it out.
    Ok, I updated to 1.3.5 via a wifi connection while having my data connection turned off (thanks to a preware patch). Prior to updating I ran the emergency patch removal tool and uninstalled my theme. After the update ran, my data connection is still disabled. I can only get data connection via wifi. Does anyone know if there is a quick way to enable the data connection on the phone? I know I can probably reinstall preware and the patch that allows me to turn the data connection on and off, but I am on vacation and don't have all my "tools" with me. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Not having a data connection sucks!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    the one thing i am loving the most is the greatly improved battery life it actually lasted me real whole day with heavy use on the phone and i have the original battery on here . I am so loving that i got a palm pre recently now because 1.3.1's battery was hurting me
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    i think scrolling between pictures is actually worse now...
    How so? Seems pretty good to me, not any better but no worse either.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=PureEnergi;2114759]
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    After updating some apps, my phone now says something I've never seen. Keep in mind, these are just apps updating, not the OS:

RESTART REQUIRED:

System adjustments must be made before installation can continue

mine is doing the same thing. i can update via preware some apps but none from the app catalog without getting an error. reboot does nothing.

Haven't seen this myself. My apps work fine, the few that needed to be updated did so (except for one, that just failed to download.)
    i am really baffeled at how good the browser is. I stopped using it latley but not anymore. It flyes
    anyone notice when you double tap a video that requires flash it goes full screen around the video.
    - Improvement in battery life optimization when in marginal coverage areas.

The battery life is a little better if you are not utilizing any applications. But it still drains pretty quickly when web surfing or texting.
    Mine is too!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by analyst28 View Post
    Does anyone know if the profile backup has changed? twice n ow i have used the DR. to restore my Pre and i cant seem to get it back to normal. Today I used the Dr. to go all the way back to 1.03 from 1.35. It went to 1.03 but my homebrew apps and my extra launcher page remained? Any ideas why i cant get back to default? Thanks in advance
    Last update I didn't remove patches before updating, and I ended up having to do a full erase. Palm Backup completely failed me and I had to go find my old SIM card to salvage some of my contacts. It wouldn't even sync Facebook contacts properly. I changed my option to save all contacts to Google from then on.

This time, the story was very different. I removed everything before updating, but I had problems with App Catalog not allowing me to download anything. So I did a PARTIAL Erase this time, and when I started back up, Palm Profile restored Everything back the way it was. I had all my memos, contacts, links, apps, etc.

So basically, I believe Palm has resolved their Backup issue for the majority of users. Obviously there will be some tragic cases here and there, but I for one noticed a world of difference this time around.
    Flash SURE would be nice... gezzz... Can't watch any videos hardly.... everything is in flash these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Tee View Post
    My theme is working. . . Was able to upload my Avatar theme via preware and everything is good so far
    are you talking about my Avatar theme? If so, good cuz I've been trying to figure out if ii had to update all my themes to 1.3.5. But if they're workin then I guess I'm good to go.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Ok, I updated to 1.3.5 via a wifi connection while having my data connection turned off (thanks to a preware patch). Prior to updating I ran the emergency patch removal tool and uninstalled my theme. After the update ran, my data connection is still disabled. I can only get data connection via wifi. Does anyone know if there is a quick way to enable the data connection on the phone? I know I can probably reinstall preware and the patch that allows me to turn the data connection on and off, but I am on vacation and don't have all my "tools" with me. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Not having a data connection sucks!
    You might try dialing from the Phone app: ##EVDO# (##3836#) and making sure that your EVDO setting is Hybrid Rev A, and not something else. Other than that, you would need to re-install the patch responsible for disabling data via Preware.
    Is the email app now working correctly with POP3 mail?

Of late on 1.3.1, I've been getting the Yellow Triangle all the time, plus deleted emails are left on my server. Hopefully they have fixed the app now ?

GSM user waiting for our 'chance' to upgrade
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the 'Too many cards open' notification pop up with even less cards open than the previous webos version? I've been having problems opening just 2 cards at the same time at it's worst. But it is more consistent with opening a 3rd card. This really sucks.

Anyone else having this problem?