Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    I think its been that way since 1.3.1 because I remember thinking the same thing on the last update. Because of that feature, I installed the LED notifications patch, which helps.
    Hmmm, I don't recall offhand if it did or didn't, I would think it did, but I'll say I don't always catch it. It isn't a show stopper for me, but a minor annoyance, as it's something I've gotten use to seeing, but alas, if it's changed, it's changed and I'll deal with it Compared to others I've had almost no issues so.. I consider myself lucky *knocks on some wood*
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    So, where's the fix? Do we have to rotate the screen inorder to use the other basic features of the web program?! That seems one step forward, two steps back!
    Hopefully a patch could give us the option to see bookmarks in landscape so we don't have to turn the phone to portrait. How this is still a issue blows my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    Receiving a vcard.vcf via sms or email will offer to add the contact again. (Broken in 1.3.1.)
    that is great to hear. since we here in EU went straight from 1.1.3 to 1.3.1, i didn't know it was working before 1.3.1. but i seemed odd that one could send vcf but not recieve it into the contacts app.

hopefully there is soon a way .ical (.vcs) from the calendar can be sent and recieved.

AND hoping for all these vcf/vcs sending/recieving finally through bluetooth obex in the next update !!!! :
    http://www.precentral.net/dear-palm-...d-next-updates
    Looks like I didn't remove all my patches. I tried to reload some after i installed the new update. And I can't get the timestamp to work on my texts, or avatar and other little things. if I were to do the WebDoctor thing back to 1.3.1 I know I will start over. But is there a way to save text msgs, or memo's and things like that?
    My theme is working. . . Was able to upload my Avatar theme via preware and everything is good so far
    not sure if anyone covered this, but test call your pre while its locked. Now I get a half screen showing the contact callings picture... Looks much much nicer than it did before! They changed the way it displays the incoming call...way cooler now!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    so are themes working yet in Preware? or is there any ways to get them working? i haven't even tried loading one up yet i just heard they were not working.
    ZOMPRE is working
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    My overall impression of 1.3.5 is much better than 1.3.1. 1.3.1 may have paved the way for some fundamental changes, but the speed was a mix. With 1.3.5, the calendar is definitely faster and no other ill effects. Also, this update did not break FileCoaster. Yes, I am not on Preware yet and still have done any patches.

I sure hope the GPU rumor would be true and see Flash beta soon.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I am batting 1,000 right now. Have updated 3 times and all have been problem free. I followed instructions to the tee, thanks to Guru's for posting some great instructions. I am sorry that many have had problems, but also happy when the prompt came up, "Upgrade Now" and I said NO. I had already uninstalled my theme, went to Preware and did an EPR, then went back again so see if anything showed up. Then nervously did the upgrade, went pretty quick (15 minutes). Then did 2 resets, removed my battery and then another reset and no problems. I do see some speed improvements, not sure if it's real or just hoped for?

I think one of the apps (Battery Saver) I use saved the day. I use it to turn the phone off from 10pm to 6am each morning. When the update came out maybe my Pre would have gone into auto update mode and I would be hosed. Battery Saver maybe saved me, got the update message at about 11am and see above.

I hoped 1.3.5 wouldn't be more than it was and did not buy the release at CES. I think the CES announcement will be big, hopefully of things to come soon. I am fortunate to have no slider problems, Sprint gave me a Airave and have had no problems with updates with a highly modded phone. Thanks to Palm, Sprint and the wonderful people on this forum for making this a wonderful experience in my case.

Happy New Year's to all of you and hope the future has more pleasant experiences like I have had.

Wolfie
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Follow instructions precisely as I did and hope you have the same experience. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    Really wish I had the guts to update. All the problems that have been occurring are scaring me away from it.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    Really wish I had the guts to update. All the problems that have been occurring are scaring me away from it.
    My update went pefectly - 44 minutes total. I was on wifi, the Pre has a handful of apps purchased from the app store. No patches or homebrew. After it installed, it rebooted right away, not multiple times as some people experienced. This update is awesome. Everything is super fast - opening and using apps, browsing, just everything. Very, very nice.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Games, Better Battery life, what has the world come to...a phone that I actually like...the end is nigh
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the profile backup has changed? twice n ow i have used the DR. to restore my Pre and i cant seem to get it back to normal. Today I used the Dr. to go all the way back to 1.03 from 1.35. It went to 1.03 but my homebrew apps and my extra launcher page remained? Any ideas why i cant get back to default? Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by grynv View Post
    He means when the phone is locked there's an emergency call button. This is only if you have a passcode/word. It's annoying because the button is accidentally pressed very often and you end up calling 911 --- it loads the phone app with 911 already dialed.
    I dont understand why people lock there phones besides the obvious, the significant other snooping through your text messages...just kiddin..lol. No, i mean, if someone were to steel it, they could hack into it, and if they couldnt they'd sell it to someone who could. And if you lost it, how would the "good" people out there, who would want to return it' have a way to contact you? Idk, i wouldnt want all the hassle. It takes long enough to make a call on this phone without a pin process. Thats not cool that it calls 911 so easily, you'd think they'd change that set-up before the clock font. Well Good luck all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I dont understand why people lock there phones besides the obvious, the significant other snooping through your text messages...just kiddin..lol. No, i mean, if someone were to steel it, they could hack into it, and if they couldnt they'd sell it to someone who could. And if you lost it, how would the "good" people out there, who would want to return it' have a way to contact you? Idk, i wouldnt want all the hassle. It takes long enough to make a call on this phone without a pin process. Thats not cool that it calls 911 so easily, you'd think they'd change that set-up before the clock font. Well Good luck all the same.
    Most people lock it for privacy and security. The majority of corporations that allow EAS also require it so that that casual person can't come along and read your eMail. If the phone gets stolen, you can send a signal to the phone to wipe all data.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mejifair View Post
    I have the ability to set up to ten minute timeout for pin lock since the last update. Are you sure you cannot set it for longer in the screen and lock section?

Are you using Exchange with no timeout period set in the Exchange policy?? I can change the time if I remove my Exchange account, but as soon as I add it back I loose all my timeout options and the only option left is "Screen Turns off"
    Quote Originally Posted by analyst28 View Post
    Does anyone know if the profile backup has changed? twice n ow i have used the DR. to restore my Pre and i cant seem to get it back to normal. Today I used the Dr. to go all the way back to 1.03 from 1.35. It went to 1.03 but my homebrew apps and my extra launcher page remained? Any ideas why i cant get back to default? Thanks in advance
    i believe the number of pages or place of apps on pages is stored in your profile
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The update itself was pretty smooth. Since before the update I was on the edge of maxing out app limit and 'too many cards' message started to appear, I decided to take some precautions. I guessed (correctly) that all applications will be moved to the new location, so I deleted a couple of memory-hogging apps before the update.
    During update, Pre first downloaded, unpacked, validated and installed new system software, then restarted itself and proceeded to data app data transfer to new location.
    After the second auto-restart Pre woke up and seemed to work nicely.
    While all apps were transferred successfully to the new location, application data was not so lucky:
    - Express News was the worst offender: it was showing nothing after the move. Fiddling with settings restored some skeletal functions only. I had to remove the app and download/install it again.
    - A few apps were functioning properly, but personalization was gone. AccuRadio is is a perfect example here: all meticulously selected favorites were gone... I had to select them again.
    - Apps with web accounts (such as Stitcher) lost private data, but regained it after logging to the account.
    - Great kudos to Pandora: the app was functioning exactly the same way after update: I did not have re-login to the account, and all my channels were immediately available. I have noticed earlier that Pandora was already saving config data to the USB partition, so no wonder that moving the app did not affect its settings.
    Things seem to happen faster after the update, but it is too early to say if battery life improved.
    Generally I am satisfied with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckugo View Post
    Are you using Exchange with no timeout period set in the Exchange policy?? I can change the time if I remove my Exchange account, but as soon as I add it back I loose all my timeout options and the only option left is "Screen Turns off"
    Yeah, this has never been fixed. It was completely broken in 1.2. Then 1.3.1 fixed it for some people but not for others. I'm stuck with "Screen Turns Off" as my only option, too. Unfortunately, my hosted Exchange provider is dumb as rocks when it comes to fixing/changing policies, so my only hope is for Palm to fix it. I do believe it is a problem on the client end because my Windows Mobile devices can still make a timeout selection. The Pre can't, and this is with the same provider.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Not sure if this has already been announced, but it looks like Palm fixed the Messaging alert so that it is consistent whether you have the Messaging app minimized or not. You now get your selected alert regardless of whether you are in the app or not.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.