Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 39 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
    Looks like they finally fixed the Emergency Call feature so where it's MUCH harder to dial 911 accidentally when your phone is locked. Good deal.
    Amen to that. I think I dialed 911 about 5 times by accident. Much happier now that the Emergency 911 feature is hidden away with Pin Lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    To get the choice between Google Maps and Sprint Nav for contacts, you can (1) change the default App from the Launcher Preferences to select a specific App, or (2) regardless of the Default App, you can press Orange + Click on Address from with a contact for a choice of Copy / Google Maps / Sprint Navigation
    Can you tell me if you are having problems when using the Orange + Click and choosing Sprint Nav? Choosing Google Maps opens with no probs, but when I choose Sprint Nav, the App goes to the startup screen, and gets stuck in the opening window, but the actual program does not open!

I'm sorry if this is already listed in this thread, but I'm at work and couldn't search further through the posts. Hopefully, this is a glitch and I'm not the only one here, because I find this feature awesome to finally have a choice which form of navigation you want to use.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnriccijr View Post
    What happens if you updated to 1.3.5 BEFORE uninstalling patches...Did I F up everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    Wow If you were successful in installing with the patches thats a first. Last update for 1.3.1 people's phones would lock up completely and people had to webos doctor the phone. Question did the patches stay on your phone? 2nd are you able to use preware to remove the patches? if you are not you might have to web doctor your phone and redo the update.
    When 1.3.1 updated on my phone I neglected to remove anything and if I remember correctly it knocked some applications off but not others. Really did no harm that I could tell, I do remember having to reinstall some stuff like like Preware and maybe fileCoaster but not Shopping List. I don't recall about the patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by backfire103 View Post
    Not a huge deal, but they did change the font of the clock when its charging on the touchstone.
    DAMN IT i liked the old font
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    Having to click a link in the browser multiple times is fixed. Emails, as of now, load instantly. I haven't had to wait the usual 3-12 secomds for the body to load after the header.
    Those two alone makes me happy.Everything else is just delicious frosting q:
    That and the performance improvement to the Calendar

Thanks Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    I noticed my ringtone that was cut off before on 1.3.1 now works fine on 1.3.5.
    Same. I'm using Navi, "Hey! Listen!" and before the patch, all I got was "Hey!". Now it plays the whole thing.

Awesome stuff!

Nice work Palm
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessef View Post
    I believe I found a new feature...when viewing a webpage in landscape and you get a txt message, instead of just hearing the alert, you now see the message as if it were in portrait mode! Do I see a virtual keyboard in the near future??
    I've seen a couple of post stating this. My Pre is not displaying Notifications in landscape mode. Do you have to enable this somewhere? Can't find any way in any of the utilities apps.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    Emails, as of now, load instantly. I haven't had to wait the usual 3-12 secomds for the body to load after the header.
    FWIW, I found that installing a bigger autocorrect dictionary caused this to happen, and removing it put things back to normal.

Not sure if that might be the situation here, but I figured I'd point it out in case it helps anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Really palm? This is yet another worthless update. I have a stupid 911 button that I've accidently called 911 on several times, I can't see what time it is with a pin lock and the phone on the charger without unlocking the phone, I can't view my email in landscape mode, my LED doesn't flash when I have a new msg, etc etc etc.

Yet in another worthless update you've found time for your programmers to redo the font of the time, (which I can't even see when the phone is pin locked on a charger) put a progress bar on the install logo, and move the 911 button but not give me the option to remove it. Brilliant...
    What 911 button are you talking about, i dont have that problem...where is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Web browser is square in landscape, no rounded corners.
    Very nice I just noticed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I don't see a 911 button at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    Did the "clicking on a contacts address bring up Sprint Nav"....actually work? Mine consistently freezes at the Sprint Nav startup screen. Can you confirm this actually works?
    I'm getting the same thing. It freezes at the Sprint Nav startup screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Many changes will be viewed very subjectively. Some people would be saying they don't like the rounded corners if they added that in this update.

I don't mind the non-rounded corners in certain views. I think they're changing the corner behavior where it makes sense, such as when viewing photos.
    there will be a patch for this soon, i hope. Photos dont usually have rounded corners and i'd think you would miss a thing or two...idk. I can respect what your saying, but its not necessary especially when we need so many upgrades to keep this phone competitive. Pointless features...wahhh. haha

ADDED: while im here, do we have all the functionality that the SMS tone patch has already cuz i got an error for that one. If we do and we have for a while, sorry, im a Prethemer girl lateley. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cswright View Post
    can't read all 9 pgs but I just grabbed a notification and it went translucent and could be moved up and down, I imagine you can reorder them in this way?
    I don't know what value it adds to be able to move them around but it's kinda cool.
    Ohhhhhhh, now I get it. Thanks for the fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    Did the "clicking on a contacts address bring up Sprint Nav"....actually work? Mine consistently freezes at the Sprint Nav startup screen. Can you confirm this actually works?

Thanks
    I get Google Maps when I click on a contacts address - is there a setting to change it to Sprint Nav? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
    I get Google Maps when I click on a contacts address - is there a setting to change it to Sprint Nav? Thanks.
    Sorry - I found the answer earlier in the thread:

Audemars02 12:05 AM 12/29/2009 -- [Reply] [!!]
    To get the choice between Google Maps and Sprint Nav for contacts, you can (1) change the default App from the Launcher Preferences to select a specific App, or (2) regardless of the Default App, you can press Orange + Click on Address from with a contact for a choice of Copy / Google Maps / Sprint Navigation
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The "Hardware Revision" Came with 1.3.1 (someone asked about this on like page 2). I did confirm that one when I updated to 1.3.1, but wife was still on 1.3 (or whatever it was before 1.3.1).
    * Switching to/from messaging (txts) does seem quicker.
    * I also have noticed wifi staying on for extended periods (I wonder if this is how they got better battery life, as it is more efficient on the wifi, then it is trying to connect to EVDO when there is low service, or no EVDO service (Come on Sprint.. Verizon has it in my area!).
    * Sounds are strange, but they were before hand, so I'm not going into that one now.
    * Calendar is a lot quicker
    * Yay, I can now see animated radar on wunderground.com! Been waiting for this one (wxrad is nice... but slow, but will still keep it as it's bigger )

Overall seems like a good update to me, and the only complaint I heard from the wife (who also has one) was the font change on the clock. I personally like it
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch.justin View Post
    I don't see a 911 button at all.
    He means when the phone is locked there's an emergency call button. This is only if you have a passcode/word. It's annoying because the button is accidentally pressed very often and you end up calling 911 --- it loads the phone app with 911 already dialed.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ckugo View Post
    Also the EAS pin lock is still not working properly. I have reported this multiple times to Palm and still nothing. We do not enfore a specific lock timeout at my work and all other smart phones allow you to set a time interval to lock your phone when it is not specified in the Exchange policy. Rather than the completely rediculous 30 sec screen lock. I have never dealt with such an annoying feature when texting like entering your pin every single time you want to reply to a message.
    I have the ability to set up to ten minute timeout for pin lock since the last update. Are you sure you cannot set it for longer in the screen and lock section?