Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paliotte View Post
    My Preware is not working!!!
    you need to reboot after you do the following..

1. connect to webos quick install
    2. copy over preware and install
    3. copy over package manager and install
    4. wait a few minutes for java to restart and then to a soft reset.

preware will now load up after this
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Previously when you had your cursor between two words and held down shift to delete the first word, it would delete both. That is now fixed.
    That's good news. I was always a bit confused by that behaviour, never quite knowing if it was a user error or a bug.
    What notification light?!?! There is no LED light on the Pre as a notification light.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Previously when you had your cursor between two words and held down shift to delete the first word, it would delete both. That is now fixed.
    Oh thank god. I thought they did that multiple delete by design and it annoyed the hell out of me. I use this frequently in Windows and expected the same behavior in WebOS... and now it's there. Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Can anyone confirm/comment on this assertion? Is the Pre's calendar really as quick as the 3GS's calendar now? If so I can't wait to get my paws on this one
    I have an iPod touch 3G that was just updated to the latest this morning. It itself has no lag to speak of, but I am happy to report that the Pre equals this quality with the last update. It is SNAPPY! Absolutely no lag swiping between days, just like my iPod. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    you need to reboot after you do the following..

1. connect to webos quick install
    2. copy over preware and install
    3. copy over package manager and install
    4. wait a few minutes for java to restart and then to a soft reset.

preware will now load up after this
    That fixed my problem with preware not loading in the first place, but now I cannot install any patches. It gives me an error:
    "Failed ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'install' operation"

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong now?
    still kinda blown away they haven't updated the music player to at least the functionality of something like remix. Or updated the email program to access all the gmail features that apparently the palmcast hosts adore in android phones.
    Yes there is, you have to run the patch via preware to enable LED notifications,. then you have to go into your screen settings and say Enable LED Notifications. Your pre button will light up now when you have anything waiting not viewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WONJ View Post
    In former builds, it was possible to get to internet bookmarks while in landscape mode by hitting the volume button (the volume would change and top menus would appear). Now it seems that only the volume changes and the best I can tell the only way to get to your bookmarks is to first rotate back to portrait.

Anyone else found this to be an issue? Any (non-patch) fixes?

Thanks!
    So, where's the fix? Do we have to rotate the screen inorder to use the other basic features of the web program?! That seems one step forward, two steps back!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by prodmgr10 View Post
    What notification light?!?! There is no LED light on the Pre as a notification light.
    Try resting your finger/thumb on the black gesture area. That should answer your question The same light can be told to pulse when a notification comes in. But you need a patch to activate it.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    can't read all 9 pgs but I just grabbed a notification and it went translucent and could be moved up and down, I imagine you can reorder them in this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Wow! Lots of bug fixes. Here is another I don't believe has been mentioned yet:

Alt/Number lock in the browser doesn't stick when you go to a new text field, (e.g. when entering a user id & you hit the orange button twice to add a string of numbers or symbols, when you tap on the password box, your text entry defaults back to letters).

Before 1.3.5 you had to hit the orange button again, type a number, delete that number, then it would default back to letters.

This has been a much better updating experience compared to 1.3.1! (O'& luv my Pre Browser again since taps no longer ignored)
    It has always been there
    Last edited by brinkdawg; 12/29/2009 at 02:30 PM. Reason: reply is to post referencing monthly calendar scrolling
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    Is this available to anyone outside the U.S. yet ?
    Nothing in Canada at the time of this writing
    Looks like us Canadians will have to wait. I'm hoping the delay is not because of the update to the App Catalog. We don't have access yet to the full catalog, so it strikes me that they should have released the App Catalog update separately, allowing us to get all the other fixes that come with 1.3.5.

But I guess we'll wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    Ive noticed that my camera pops up a lot faster than it use to. this is a plus havent noticed much since i downloaded it this morning.
    Everything about the camera app seems faster. I just tested out taking a picture then reviewing it and the load time is significantly reduced over what I've seen in the past.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i installed the update with my patches on. i did this cause my win 7 64bit comp was not able to connect to my pre with the webos install tool and i had no patience. i thought i'd risk it since my pre is kinda acting up anyways. so i installed the update and basically it just reset everything to normal...removed all tweaks/patches/non official app catalog apps.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    since downloading the update and adding preware again, most of my patches and themes are cool but where is the virtual keyboard? and my landscape email and text patches are giving error messages, can someone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by le_seus View Post
    i installed the update with my patches on. i did this cause my win 7 64bit comp was not able to connect to my pre with the webos install tool and i had no patience. i thought i'd risk it since my pre is kinda acting up anyways. so i installed the update and basically it just reset everything to normal...removed all tweaks/patches/non official app catalog apps.
    That's interesting. I did wonder whether Palm might have some sort of failsafe in place. I mean, they know that a huge quantity of WebOS users make use of patches and they don't want to see bricked Palms everywhere - if nothing else it's bad for their reputation. Perhaps they included some code to remove any non-official code during the update.
    Yes I did notice this! Just an hour ago during a boot up, I got an SMS alert and there was the notification after the boot up completed.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Connection refused: connect

That's the error I get when I get into Tweaks from Quick Install to un-patch before updating. When I try to open Preware, it says "OnFeeds Error TypeError:Cannot call method 'split' of undefined"

I want to update but can't!
    Am I the only one who can't find the Virtual Keyboard in Preware since the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Capré View Post
    Am I the only one who can't find the Virtual Keyboard in Preware since the update?
    Nope, the virtual keyboard patch is not yet compatible with 1.3.5. I'm sure it won't be long though