Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 37 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    I have WebOS Quick Install 2.96, but it won't read any of my files when I go to the Device Manager. It recognizes I have 1.3.5 installed, and doesn't give any errors on loadup. I reinstalled WebOS Quick Install beforehand because I only had 2.6 at the time. I also reinstalled Novacom thinking that was the problem. I also restarted my PC. (sorry, just wanted to make sure all bases were covered)

I get an 'error connecting' message that pops up around 10 times in a row as it's trying to read my applications on my Pre. Can anybody tell me why it won't read my phone? I can't get Preware up and running without it. HELP!!!
    same thing happened to me, install preware and the package manager from webos quick install and then reboot the phone. You should be all set
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    simple test is to ping the phone from another box on the network while the phone is asleep. Alas, I am at work :-(
    It's responding to my ping requests while asleep! It's only been sleep for about a minute, so I'm not sure how long WiFi will stay on...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    i got the same restart notification when i try to updates apps like everyone else. the clock is different but i like it and the screen is spuarified when its in landscape mode
    Has anyone noticed a lot less pauses and slowdowns when using the phone? It's as if they removed some thing that was seriously slowing things down.

I can browse any web pages I went, swipe away the browser and no longer does the phone slow down until a Luna restart.

Very sweet. If anyone has inside knowledge on what was done, I'd be really curious to learn what.
    same thing here! and then I can't open the "updated" program
    This is a great update! 5 Stars

Palm has totally rearranged the way the Pre stores applications and application data. The folder naming scheme is also different. I have been poking around with Internalz and it looks like there is a new .Palm directory on the USB partition that now holds our applications. Palm has done some type of encryption there to protect developers code. Goodbye app limit!

The Calendar is not only fast but I can safely say that it is faster than the iphone 3gs Calendar and Windows Mobile Calendar. This was a great upgrade.

The app catalog works extra slick now. It automatically cycles through the screen shots of applications when you click on a app. It downloads and installs very quickly.

Love the way that clicking on a contacts address brings up Sprint Nav

Love the over all snappiness of the OS. I had about 20 cards open this morning and never saw the "Too Many Cards" error.

Loving 1.3.5!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    My Preware is not working!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    I'm not sure I approve of this. I'd prefer a consistent experience across all areas of the phone. I liked the little curved corners... they softened everything.
    Many changes will be viewed very subjectively. Some people would be saying they don't like the rounded corners if they added that in this update.

I don't mind the non-rounded corners in certain views. I think they're changing the corner behavior where it makes sense, such as when viewing photos.
    That S4 sure looks huge. I am experiencing a similar emotion on the updates. The snappiness has definitely made my day. It seems minor enhancements and tweaks are all over the place with this update. So far, I am loving it. Also, thanks for this forum which has allowed me to learn about these new features which are not remotely mentioned in changelog. What ever happened to the days of detailed 'readme.txt'?
    Quote Originally Posted by section803 View Post
    Is anyones notification light working? Mine is !!!
    What light are you talking about exactly? Is it just the screen lighting up or is it some kind of little LED light that tells you when you have a missed call or message?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    This is a great update! 5 Stars

Palm has totally rearranged the way the Pre stores applications and application data. The folder naming scheme is also different. I have been poking around with Internalz and it looks like there is a new .Palm directory on the USB partition that now holds our applications. Palm has done some type of encryption there to protect developers code. Goodbye app limit!

The Calendar is not only fast but I can safely say that it is faster than the iphone 3gs Calendar and Windows Mobile Calendar. This was a great upgrade.

The app catalog works extra slick now. It automatically cycles through the screen shots of applications when you click on a app. It downloads and installs very quickly.

Love the way that clicking on a contacts address brings up Sprint Nav

Love the over all snappiness of the OS. I had about 20 cards open this morning and never saw the "Too Many Cards" error.

Loving 1.3.5!
    Did the "clicking on a contacts address bring up Sprint Nav"....actually work? Mine consistently freezes at the Sprint Nav startup screen. Can you confirm this actually works?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    Thank God! Was planning on screaming (again) if this wasn't fixed.
    Confirmed: mp3 clipping issue/Nav voice clipping issue from 1.3.1 has been fixed.

X-ref Threads:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ngs-1-sec.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...one-issue.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...mpediment.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...curtailed.html
    Just updated my phone.

It took approx 40 Min's total update time.

So far no noted problems.

My phone:
    Sprint
    No home brews
    Only app I have on my phone is the Weather Channel

So it is possible to update the phone to the new OS w/o problems.

Good luck to those that are having problems with the OS update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    It happened to me a few times (the last being last week -> Chicago to NYC). Instead of rebooting I put it in and out of Airplane mode.
    It happened to me for the first time last week, and I tried what you tried: toggling Airplane Mode. Unfortunately, it kept happening. I rebooted, and it's been fine since.

I haven't seen anybody mention, but my launcher pages don't smoothly scroll following the update ... they snap into place. (This is fine with me, BTW, especially since there's no appreciable lag in the launcher any longer.)
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

Quote Originally Posted by dgreekd View Post
    Yes, I noticed that too, I love it. One less patch to reinstall for me!
    This is what has happend the last few times.... the patch only enables the 'setting' screen for the Notification Light, it does not enable the notifications themselves.... Anyone who had notification blinking enabled prior to the patch will still have it enabled afterwards (unless of course they required a doctor visit).

Now, getting the notification flashing to turn off again... now that's another story. (would require re-installing the patch again and then going to that settings page and disabling it)
    Good News! The new Palm Pre Update 1.3.5, must have solved the problem of Bluetooth protocol not allowing transferring the address book to BMW's computer/display. After installing the update, I tried the connection between the phone and the car. Voila. The address book transferred!

One thing I've learned over the past couple of months while the address book wasn't transferring: Using the Pre's speed dial makes placing a call to your most called numbers a whole lot easier while driving.

A combination of the address book access and speed dialing should make calling while driving a whole lot simpler (probably safer too).

I still wonder why Palm doesn't repeat the Palm Treo feature of "favorites". Those 75 contacts transferred easily with just a name and a selected phone number. In the current Palm Pre system, it transfers every phone number available for each contact in your address book! Way too much unnecessary informaiton while you're driving. There should be an "app for that" if Palm won't do it themselves!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Any apps I downloaded from the app catalog updated fine. All the homebrew apps I downloaded that have official equivalents in the app catalog failed to update. I'm guessing it's because they are different versions.
    No its not homebrew at all, in fact its all non homebrew apps that wont update.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Mine installed fine, but I had to re-start it about 6 times - it would keep telling me that it lost connection with the server, even though it was in the "unpacking" phase. Very strange. But, it's running!
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    ...The Calendar is not only fast but I can safely say that it is faster than the iphone 3gs Calendar and Windows Mobile Calendar...
    Can anyone confirm/comment on this assertion? Is the Pre's calendar really as quick as the 3GS's calendar now? If so I can't wait to get my paws on this one
    Nope. Same thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    Did the "clicking on a contacts address bring up Sprint Nav"....actually work? Mine consistently freezes at the Sprint Nav startup screen. Can you confirm this actually works?

Thanks