Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by section803 View Post
    Is anyones notification light working? Mine is !!!
    Yes, I noticed that too, I love it. One less patch to reinstall for me!
    is anybody else's clock showing the wrong time?

i'm connected to data and my clock is showing about 25 minutes slow. i'll try a reset now.
    Quote Originally Posted by smgpre View Post
    Not only does the calendar swipe day-to-day much quicker, you can now scroll month-to-month! In month view, it scrolls vertically rather than the horizontal swipe. Great improvement!
    That was already there, at least in 1.3.1...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    One of my picture folders got rearranged (Miscellaneous). Does anyone know how I can rearrange them back the way they were?? Please help.
    Updates are suppose to improve the older versions without them we have a week WebOS. Updates are great cant wait for more and cant wait to see what can happen in the next 6 months from now. Lots of improvements a lot faster than any other phone (iPhone and Android) has came up with. I cant wait to see 2010 resolutions coming!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wess580 View Post
    I notice that my build in device info is 219 not 194 and my sprint configuration is 2.2 not 2.0 has anyone else pre had this glitch
    That isn't a glitch, they should show never versions with the update...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Anybody else having issues updated their apps. I get the notification that apps need to be update I click the button it restarts then says 7 apps failed. I try updating one at a time same thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by htmanning View Post
    The time is now shown on the lock screen, but Palm has NOT FIXED THE CLOCK ISSUE. The Pre still cannot keep the correct time. The time drifts. I've never heard of a phone that could not give me the official Sprint time. C'mon Palm, this is really ridiculous.
    The "clock" issue is fixable by a reset. (Orange+Sym+R).

I've had this desynching happen two or three times and it was always solved by a reboot. My cousin had this issue too when she flew from Chicago to LA (it stayed on Chicago time). Also solved by a reboot.

My time's always been right aside from the rare desynching. This just happened to me after the 1.3.5 update though. It lost all the time it took to do the update (which was like 20 minutes).
    In former builds, it was possible to get to internet bookmarks while in landscape mode by hitting the volume button (the volume would change and top menus would appear). Now it seems that only the volume changes and the best I can tell the only way to get to your bookmarks is to first rotate back to portrait.

Anyone else found this to be an issue? Any (non-patch) fixes?

Thanks!
    Im having problems installing Precorder on my devise. Note: Precorder worked fine before i updated to 1.3.5. However, after my update i cant seem to get this thing to work. I tried using QI.. I even tried bootstrap.. I followed the wiki instruction. What is the problem? I keep getting this

ERROR Message: An error occurred while attempting to install org.webosinternals.precorder_0.3.3_all(1).ipk

ipkg1).ipk. No such file or directory
    An error occurred, return value:22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Anybody else having issues updated their apps. I get the notification that apps need to be update I click the button it restarts then says 7 apps failed. I try updating one at a time same thing...
    Any apps I downloaded from the app catalog updated fine. All the homebrew apps I downloaded that have official equivalents in the app catalog failed to update. I'm guessing it's because they are different versions.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Removal of curved corners in the browser and photo viewer.
    I'm not sure I approve of this. I'd prefer a consistent experience across all areas of the phone. I liked the little curved corners... they softened everything.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    I have WebOS Quick Install 2.96, but it won't read any of my files when I go to the Device Manager. It recognizes I have 1.3.5 installed, and doesn't give any errors on loadup. I reinstalled WebOS Quick Install beforehand because I only had 2.6 at the time. I also reinstalled Novacom thinking that was the problem. I also restarted my PC. (sorry, just wanted to make sure all bases were covered)

I get an 'error connecting' message that pops up around 10 times in a row as it's trying to read my applications on my Pre. Can anybody tell me why it won't read my phone? I can't get Preware up and running without it. HELP!!!
    just remove and reinstall and preware will work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemanspork View Post
    The "clock" issue is fixable by a reset. (Orange+Sym+R).

I've had this desynching happen two or three times and it was always solved by a reboot. My cousin had this issue too when she flew from Chicago to LA (it stayed on Chicago time). Also solved by a reboot.

My time's always been right aside from the rare desynching. This just happened to me after the 1.3.5 update though. It lost all the time it took to do the update (which was like 20 minutes).
    It happened to me a few times (the last being last week -> Chicago to NYC). Instead of rebooting I put it in and out of Airplane mode.

This is weird becuase it was in Airplane Mode when I was...well...on the airplane. It should have picked up the local time the first time I did it.
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Are you sure Wifi isn't just connecting a lot more quickly when you come out of sleep? I seem to recall that being one of the early noted features of 1.3.5....
    I have been trying to dupe this phenomenon all day. I initially thought that Palm removed the wifi "connecting" animation. So I tested it...

With wifi on and data off, leave a browser open to a page with a few links to click to. Turn the screen off (I've left it off for 30 minutes at one point), then wake it up from sleep mode. Finally, immediately click on a link and notice the lack of connection time!
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    I'm not sure I approve of this. I'd prefer a consistent experience across all areas of the phone. I liked the little curved corners... they softened everything.
    I have to agree with you as far as the browser is concerened! I think I like it in the photo section though.
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Are you sure Wifi isn't just connecting a lot more quickly when you come out of sleep? I seem to recall that being one of the early noted features of 1.3.5....
    simple test is to ping the phone from another box on the network while the phone is asleep. Alas, I am at work :-(
    The Browser seems to render faster now (maay be a placebo, but scrolling down doesn't result in the grey boxes as much as I remember)
    It's also nice that the browser'll actually click links when I tell it to.
    And also- minor thing, but useful, when switching between clients (ex.SMS, GTalk, Yahoo etc) in messaging, it displays home, mobile, work, other etc. Next to phone numbers.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    [QUOTE=Tbird281;2112899]
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    After updating some apps, my phone now says something I've never seen. Keep in mind, these are just apps updating, not the OS:

RESTART REQUIRED:

System adjustments must be made before installation can continue

(screenshot attached)
    [IMG]

I'm getting the same thing. This is garbage. What good is the unlocked app limit if I can't download any apps. O my God this is so frusterating. I've even tried to just keep installing an app over and over but I'm still getting this message. Can someone please help? Before my pre becomes tennis ball.
    I got the same thing. here is the fix. first connect to webos quick install and install preware again and install the new package manager service as 1.3.5 kills it. Then once its installed, reboot your phone and then load up preware. Once its loaded, go into the linux applications section and install the data migration tool. Run this, and then let it reboot your phone. wait 30 minutes and then hit the app store. I had to restart constaly on a loop but then i did this and im downloading away
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Web browser is square in landscape, no rounded corners.
    Also in upside-down / 180 deg. rotated portrait, no corners. I guess that may help certain pages that may get a letter or two cut off once and a while.