Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 35 ... LastLast
    Not only does the calendar swipe day-to-day much quicker, you can now scroll month-to-month! In month view, it scrolls vertically rather than the horizontal swipe. Great improvement!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryedin View Post
    Just installed 1.3.5 and now I have two issues, one minor, one major.

1 - the "launcher" bar on the bottom of the screen is always on and I cannot figure out a way to make it auto hide itself like it used to. Perhaps it only auto-hid iteself because I had some specific patch installed (removed them before install but did so hastily without really looking at each patch). Can anyone confirm this please?

2 - when I plug in the USB cable I no longer have the nice auto-dialog that says "just charge", "act as media device", and "media sync". It simply goes into charge mode. I also cannot seem to find any preferences screen anywhere to change this setting. This one is obviously a major issue. Anyone else have this problem?
    Both are patches, but the 2nd one should still give you the usb charging icon on the bottom right. If you click on this, it will give you the option to switch to media transfer or usb drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by smgpre View Post
    Not only does the calendar swipe day-to-day much quicker, you can now scroll month-to-month! In month view, it scrolls vertically rather than the horizontal swipe. Great improvement!
    The month view scroll has always been there, but many people (myself included for a loooong time) tend not to notice because you need scroll vertically (vs. horizontal everywhere else in the WebOS interface).
    Quote Originally Posted by ryedin View Post
    Just installed 1.3.5 and now I have two issues, one minor, one major.

1 - the "launcher" bar on the bottom of the screen is always on and I cannot figure out a way to make it auto hide itself like it used to. Perhaps it only auto-hid iteself because I had some specific patch installed (removed them before install but did so hastily without really looking at each patch). Can anyone confirm this please?

2 - when I plug in the USB cable I no longer have the nice auto-dialog that says "just charge", "act as media device", and "media sync". It simply goes into charge mode. I also cannot seem to find any preferences screen anywhere to change this setting. This one is obviously a major issue. Anyone else have this problem?
    Both of these are patches. The first is the "hide quicklaunch bar." If your quicklaunch bar is showing, you don't have it installed. The second is the "just charge by default" patch. If you're not getting the option, you probably have that patche enabled. If you tap the usb icon on the bottom corner of the screen, you should get the options.

The
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Have not Had a Problem Yet. Put it through a gambit of test to try to make it fail or have an error. But not a single one. Had 15 tiles open at once, and runnin like a champ.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paliotte View Post
    why is it that I have to restart my phone so many times after i download my apps?
    which apps are you downloading?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louie2701 View Post
    thanks for the tip. I was trying to figure that out. but when I choose Sprint Nav, it just hangs at the start screen and does not go any further. Any ideas on this?
    thought i was the only one. Does the same for me too
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    i think this was a common issue with all people. mine is doing the same. but i like it that way. it makes it faster to get back to taking pictures. instead of having to swipe back 2 or three times to get back to the camera. if you are wanting to look through your photos... open the photo app and do it from there. that is the beauty of having a phone that does multiple apps at once.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    The time is now shown on the lock screen, but Palm has NOT FIXED THE CLOCK ISSUE. The Pre still cannot keep the correct time. The time drifts. I've never heard of a phone that could not give me the official Sprint time. C'mon Palm, this is really ridiculous.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    When 1.3.1 came out, my exchange e-mail credentials kept getting rejected, and needed to be re-remembered. This is now again working correctly for me.
    I must admit, it's almost like getting a new phone each time Palm comes out with a new update. All these little finds everyone discovers after each update is what makes this website worth it! Even though not every issue is addressed, good job Palm on cranking them out - and doing it on a fairly regular basis!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Yeah I have the same problem. I chose Sprint Nav as default for contacts. Now when I select an address for a contact it just hangs at the start screen and does not go any further.
    I notice that my build in device info is 219 not 194 and my sprint configuration is 2.2 not 2.0 has anyone else pre had this glitch
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Anybody notice wifi stays active while in sleep mode!
    Really? SWEET! Now I don't have to constantly mess with my phone data while at home. Can't wait to install the update tonight!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smgpre View Post
    That was there before the update. I know this because I JUST figured it out last week. I felt pretty stupid because it bothered me too for so long and I have no idea how long it had been there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoaoMachado View Post
    "Sprint Navigation
    A user can launch Sprint Navigation from an address in an open contact entry in Contacts."

Is it me, or is the fact they made this option in the Launcher preferences a really bad, possibly stupid idea? I mean, as a user, sometimes I want to use Sprint navigation and sometimes I want to use GoogleMaps. This option makes no sense, to have to go and change the preferences and then go back to the contact every time?

This change really has no net gain in functionality because Sprint Nav already imports your contacts into the app, just leave GoogleMaps as the default and just decide which app you want before.

The ideal way would be to; Go to a Contact, tap address field, a pop up menu asks, do you want SprintNav or GoogleMaps, select and you are off and running.

Just hold down the Orange button before tapping the address.

~L
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Anybody notice wifi stays active while in sleep mode!
    Are you sure Wifi isn't just connecting a lot more quickly when you come out of sleep? I seem to recall that being one of the early noted features of 1.3.5....
    The update took FOREVER (nearly an hour)! Now I'm running again with minimal increase in speed/lag. I wonder what my issue is...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Wow! Lots of bug fixes. Here is another I don't believe has been mentioned yet:

Alt/Number lock in the browser doesn't stick when you go to a new text field, (e.g. when entering a user id & you hit the orange button twice to add a string of numbers or symbols, when you tap on the password box, your text entry defaults back to letters).

Before 1.3.5 you had to hit the orange button again, type a number, delete that number, then it would default back to letters.

This has been a much better updating experience compared to 1.3.1! (O'& luv my Pre Browser again since taps no longer ignored)
    LOL!!! That used to drive me NUTS! You had to remember to press option one more time before moving to the next field. I'm glad that's fixed.

Haven't moved around it much, but I did notice the symbols layout has changed. Idk if it means there's more, or fewer available though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Are you sure Wifi isn't just connecting a lot more quickly when you come out of sleep? I seem to recall that being one of the early noted features of 1.3.5....
    No, Wifi stays on now when the phone is asleep. Eventually after some time (I'm not sure how long yet, haven't tested) it will shut off, presumably to save battery.

But the good side is now the phone doesn't have to *constantly* be reconnecting to Wifi and doing a DHCP request every single time you turn on the screen when you're in a prolonged text conversation or similar. It just stays on Wifi unless it's been screen-off for a long time.

I also noticed that the Wifi chipset sleeps most of the way; it doesn't pay attention to broadcast packets when the screen is off. So this shouldn't use too much battery.