Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryedin View Post
    Just installed 1.3.5 and now I have two issues, one minor, one major.

1 - the "launcher" bar on the bottom of the screen is always on and I cannot figure out a way to make it auto hide itself like it used to. Perhaps it only auto-hid iteself because I had some specific patch installed (removed them before install but did so hastily without really looking at each patch). Can anyone confirm this please?

2 - when I plug in the USB cable I no longer have the nice auto-dialog that says "just charge", "act as media device", and "media sync". It simply goes into charge mode. I also cannot seem to find any preferences screen anywhere to change this setting. This one is obviously a major issue. Anyone else have this problem?
    1. Yes that was a patch that you had installed to hide the launcher bar.

2. I havent pluged my phone into the computer yet i downloaded the update when i woke up this morning and played with it just a little bit but still should see a usb icon in the notifications area if not thats an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by johnriccijr View Post
    What happens if you updated to 1.3.5 BEFORE uninstalling patches...Did I F up everything?
    Wow If you were successful in installing with the patches thats a first. Last update for 1.3.1 people's phones would lock up completely and people had to webos doctor the phone. Question did the patches stay on your phone? 2nd are you able to use preware to remove the patches? if you are not you might have to web doctor your phone and redo the update.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I would love to see a latitude implimentation also....i agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    Because they love to hear the whiners cry when they don't fix everybody's nitpicky little problems in a .0.1 update!

Mission accomplished!!!
    Latitude just poped up on mine. I never did anything.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    YES!!! They fixed the screen tap sensitivity (or lack of) issue!
    I know! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by jblake1030 View Post
    ive noticed my camera opens up a lot faster which i like a lot
    Noticed this as well. Also notice it saves the photo faster.

2 - when I plug in the USB cable I no longer have the nice auto-dialog that says "just charge", "act as media device", and "media sync". It simply goes into charge mode. I also cannot seem to find any preferences screen anywhere to change this setting. This one is obviously a major issue. Anyone else have this problem?
    My 2 Pres both give me that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Or get the "cool iphone app enabler" patch and enjoy them sooner.
    I can't find that patch!!! Is it in the suppository somewhere? Do I need root my phone down? PLEASE HELP!
    why is it that I have to restart my phone so many times after i download my apps?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Latitude is on Google, not Palm. And actually, you can enable Latitude on your Pre/Pixi by going to -- this will launch a white browser window and then the Maps app, just close both and it will be enabled by default then.
    Very Cool.. I just did it and had friends waiting to connect to me. Didn't even know they were. They are iPhone users.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    I noticed that PDF Viewer is back in the apps. for those that accidentally deleted it.

Love the "NEW" web browser. It's faster and smoother. I've noticed the web sites fit the screen better. Some web sites I would go to I could not read the text, double tap and the text was still small, have to zoom to make it readable. Now I open a web page, double tap and text is the right size. I don't know what they did but I like it.
    Does anyone know if the new browser supports flash yet? Or I guess does Flash support WebOS yet?
    the signal strength is better too. I used to get 1x in my office, now its always full Ev.
    GPU acceleration is definitely being implemented. Its so much more responsive and the music app now is a joy to use.
    [QUOTE=buyrihn;2111320]After updating some apps, my phone now says something I've never seen. Keep in mind, these are just apps updating, not the OS:

RESTART REQUIRED:

System adjustments must be made before installation can continue

(screenshot attached)
    [IMG]

I'm getting the same thing. This is garbage. What good is the unlocked app limit if I can't download any apps. O my God this is so frusterating. I've even tried to just keep installing an app over and over but I'm still getting this message. Can someone please help? Before my pre becomes tennis ball.
    Thank goodness the camera app opens faster now. No more (hopefully), "Hey, let me get a picture ... hold on ... just a second ... it's loading ... just a few more seconds ..."
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    No offense people but try doing some reading before posting repetitive questions...
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    My wifi automatically joins a network.
    Is this available to anyone outside the U.S. yet ?
    Nothing in Canada at the time of this writing
    I don't care that this update won't wash my car.

It has made my phone like a new phone.
    Might be duplicates.

Volume bar in videos is now displayed in landscape mode

At some point any new ring tone I would upload would be cut short at the end regardless of length (only new ones). This update seems to have solved that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    The main problem with that is the small screen on the Pre (and especially the Pixi).
    I would'nt want a virtual keyboard on pixi its not a slider the only reason I would want a virtual keyboard on the pre is so you don't have to slide it open all the time
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

1 - the "launcher" bar on the bottom of the screen is always on and I cannot figure out a way to make it auto hide itself like it used to. Perhaps it only auto-hid iteself because I had some specific patch installed (removed them before install but did so hastily without really looking at each patch). Can anyone confirm this please?

1. Yep, there's a patch for that.

2. Did you update while attached to the pc via the usb cable?? Disconnect the usb cable. Reboot the pre (Hold power button down until promted then take power option on screen, etc... Also, during the upgrade process the device often becomes an "unrecognized usb device" to windows. So, go to windows device manager; look for usb device(s) with the yellow exclamation point indicating an error. Delete it. After the pre reboots and you're back to the launcher, reconnect to the pc via the usb cable.

HTH