Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yman182 View Post
    so is the app catalog officially out of beta now?
    Yep....
    • A user can also download all available updates for the user’s downloaded applications with a single tap.

How do you do that? Is that in the update app or is that in the app catalog?
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    This is a great update! 5 Stars

Palm has totally rearranged the way the Pre stores applications and application data. The folder naming scheme is also different. I have been poking around with Internalz and it looks like there is a new .Palm directory on the USB partition that now holds our applications. Palm has done some type of encryption there to protect developers code. Goodbye app limit!

The Calendar is not only fast but I can safely say that it is faster than the iphone 3gs Calendar and Windows Mobile Calendar. This was a great upgrade.

The app catalog works extra slick now. It automatically cycles through the screen shots of applications when you click on a app. It downloads and installs very quickly.

Love the way that clicking on a contacts address brings up Sprint Nav

Love the over all snappiness of the OS. I had about 20 cards open this morning and never saw the "Too Many Cards" error.

Loving 1.3.5!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrsmith13 View Post
    When I try to open an address in Sprint Navigation, I just get stalled on the splash screen. Anyone else have this problem?
    Yep . . . . I noticed that as well. Tried switching preferences back and forth between Google and Sprint. Google always worked, Sprint always failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    • A user can also download all available updates for the user’s downloaded applications with a single tap.

How do you do that? Is that in the update app or is that in the app catalog?
    I found it in the app catalog. You go into the little bag in the right bottom corner and that will show all your applications installed. If one or more need to be updated then a little bubble will pop up in the bottom right corner asking to Install all updates or something like that. Works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    I noticed my ringtone that was cut off before on 1.3.1 now works fine on 1.3.5.
    Thank God! Was planning on screaming (again) if this wasn't fixed.
    What about automatic "empty trash" on exit from email? Hoped that might make it in this latest update. Is there a walk around for this or another way to avoid manually deleting every single email in trash?

other than that..KUDOS Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianfern92 View Post
    I found it in the app catalog. You go into the little bag in the right bottom corner and that will show all your applications installed. If one or more need to be updated then a little bubble will pop up in the bottom right corner asking to Install all updates or something like that. Works like a charm.
    It will also work if you go to the updates app, it will open the app catalog directly to the update page and begin downloading all available updates
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    So there is still no real battery lifetime improfment
    no Skype, MSN, Latitide (without patches or tricks)
    no GPU Accerlation

.... WHY Palm... WHY...
    Because they love to hear the whiners cry when they don't fix everybody's nitpicky little problems in a .0.1 update!

Mission accomplished!!!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I completely agree with 9 Inch Pre Niss. I was pumped about 1.3.5 thinking that maybe after having the code for the LED notification for three freakin updates they might use some sense and enable a very standard feature that let's the user know when they missed a freakin' notification. I mean really, come on!!

Also the EAS pin lock is still not working properly. I have reported this multiple times to Palm and still nothing. We do not enfore a specific lock timeout at my work and all other smart phones allow you to set a time interval to lock your phone when it is not specified in the Exchange policy. Rather than the completely rediculous 30 sec screen lock. I have never dealt with such an annoying feature when texting like entering your pin every single time you want to reply to a message.

I know all this stuff can be modified on your phone, but these are features that should work out of the box. Very disappointing..... Thanks for all the useless updates though........
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by section803 View Post
    Is anyones notification light working? Mine is !!!
    This has been an option since the last update.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    To get the choice between Google Maps and Sprint Nav for contacts, you can (1) change the default App from the Launcher Preferences to select a specific App, or (2) regardless of the Default App, you can press Orange + Click on Address from with a contact for a choice of Copy / Google Maps / Sprint Navigation

thanks for the tip. I was trying to figure that out. but when I choose Sprint Nav, it just hangs at the start screen and does not go any further. Any ideas on this?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I believe I found a new feature...when viewing a webpage in landscape and you get a txt message, instead of just hearing the alert, you now see the message as if it were in portrait mode! Do I see a virtual keyboard in the near future??
    I noticed a few things are faster/snappier:

1. Launcher startup/close are both faster
    2. Application closing is faster

Other than that, everything's the same speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessef View Post
    I believe I found a new feature...when viewing a webpage in landscape and you get a txt message, instead of just hearing the alert, you now see the message as if it were in portrait mode! Do I see a virtual keyboard in the near future??
    The main problem with that is the small screen on the Pre (and especially the Pixi).
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    louie2701, where is the option for the led notification??
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    not new. I found out the hard way that Google can be the default after losing my contacts using Palm profile. :/
    Can someone explain to me what the "Send: Car Kit" feature in contacts is?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    UPDATE FINALLY FIXED MY ABILITY TO OPEN PDFs FROM EMAILS AGAIN YAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by louie2701 View Post
    It's for some cars that have handsfree bluetooth kits built in. If the car's system has an internal phonebook, you can send all your contacts to the car.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louie2701 View Post
    Some of the newer cars and head units will download your contacts via Bluetooth. You can then use it to call them via voice dialiang or navigate to their address.