Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    yeah, I saw that and have been thinking it but you never think it'll happen to you.
    the app store doesn't let me download anything
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Animated GIFs! Finally! I've never been so happy for technology from 1995.
    I have 2.96 installed. I'm not too concerned at the moment. QI is at least letting me do what I once did with Preware. I suppose I'll just wait for a fix down the line, or I'll just totally blow out QI and all that comes with it to do a fresh restart. Kind of annoying though.
    when you try to update after you already have updated, it shows that the phone is already up to date... and a brief change log thing - "feature highlights"
    I'm glad there are some little tweaks here and there that aren't listed in Palm's changelog. Particularly grateful for the browser fixes and of course the snappy email/calendar updates.

Still waiting on 1.3.5 to hit the UK though.
    how the hell can i get the landscape email patch and virtual keyboard back? I NEED THOSE
    preware is gone, along with some apps
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You may wish to reconsider your approach to asking for help from those that provide software to you at no charge on a volunteer basis ...

Virtual Keyboard has not been ported to 1.3.5 - the author didn't get early access sorted out in time.

-- Rod
    oh lol i didn't mean anything about it i was just confused and frustrated that i couldn't find any info at all about it so i assumed it was something i was doing wrong. sorry if i offended
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    oh lol i didn't mean anything about it i was just confused and frustrated that i couldn't find any info at all about it so i assumed it was something i was doing wrong. sorry if i offended
    No worries, mate. It's been a long day.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    So there is still no real battery lifetime improfment
    no Skype, MSN, Latitide (without patches or tricks)
    no GPU Accerlation

.... WHY Palm... WHY...
    Preware and webOS 1.3.5 status: http://bit.ly/preware-135-status

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I can have DrPodder open and streaming, Twee open, and a browser card as well as my phone and Gdail apps. The first three are three things that sometimes wouldn't allow me to even have a second card open in 1.3.1. Nice to see that has been fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    So there is still no real battery lifetime improfment
    no Skype, MSN, Latitide (without patches or tricks)
    no GPU Accerlation

.... WHY Palm... WHY...
    Latitude is on Google, not Palm. And actually, you can enable Latitude on your Pre/Pixi by going to Google Latitude -- this will launch a white browser window and then the Maps app, just close both and it will be enabled by default then.
    Browser, and many other apps much more responsive - nice! I see however that when you hit the back button the screen still does not always completely load and you have to rotate the phone to landscape and back again to see the whole page. Anyone have any info on how to resolve this?

Nice update Palm - thanks. Looking forward to video next??
    So far it gets a thumbs up from me, the most important feature is that notices work on email and come instantly via IMAP like they did before 1.3.1 and it just worked perfectly.

Hoping it stays that way.
    Browser, and many other apps much more responsive - nice!

I see however that when you hit the back button the screen still does not always completely load and you have to rotate the phone to landscape and back again to see the whole page. Anyone have any info on how to resolve this?

Nice update Palm - thanks. Looking forward to video / flash next??
    i found the whole system is indeed significantly faster and more responsive, on app launch screen, on calendar, on music app, on app catalog, etc, even the homebrew apps such as prePod is faster

I feel its mostly the code optimization on a whole system wide basis, there will be more possibilities on the GPU side, which I think will come at CES..
    Last edited by clevin; 12/29/2009 at 09:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    "Sprint Navigation
    A user can launch Sprint Navigation from an address in an open contact entry in Contacts."

Is it me, or is the fact they made this option in the Launcher preferences a really bad, possibly stupid idea? I mean, as a user, sometimes I want to use Sprint navigation and sometimes I want to use GoogleMaps. This option makes no sense, to have to go and change the preferences and then go back to the contact every time?

This change really has no net gain in functionality because Sprint Nav already imports your contacts into the app, just leave GoogleMaps as the default and just decide which app you want before.

The ideal way would be to; Go to a Contact, tap address field, a pop up menu asks, do you want SprintNav or GoogleMaps, select and you are off and running.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Web browser is square in landscape, no rounded corners.
    Same when viewing photos... Good change...