Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    Sooo annoyed. I have my phone plugged in and charging, it just finished and now I get a message saying that my battery must be at least "30% full before you install the update."

I'm going to go have a smoke now.
    Feel sorry for you. Missing some speed. I am just loading pages for absolutely no reason. I just like to see the web pages load fast. I stopped testing it against the 3gs (made the 3gs look bad). Now I am testing it against my cable internet. I need flash now please!!! time to put this speed demon to the test.

GIVE ME FULL INTERNET ON MY PHONE.

2010 here we come so long iphone (oops apple does not want you to have flash. I am sorry poor baby. Well at least you have itunes to pacify you).
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    Is this something regional? I don't have a 911 button. Never have.
    In the lock screen, if you use a PIN, there's an emergency call button.
    Has the sync issue with Outlook appointments been fixed? I didn't see anything about it in the update notes.
    I do think that signs are pointing to something related to the GPU (given the OpenGL libraries that were added in 1.3.5). Given the really poor performance that I'm experiencing so far with 1.3.5 (even worse than 1.3.1), I'd certainly welcome the addition of, say, CSS 3D support to speed things up.

However, I'm not expecting another update and certainly not 2.0. I simply can't imagine why Palm would have released 1.3.5 only to turn around with another update in less than two weeks.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Or my applications.

I'm also having this issue.
    Sorry it's happening to you, but at least I know I'm not the only one.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    gettin' ugly up in here
    lol, amazing! I didn't have an issue!!!!! It's working smooth and fast! Lol this is crazy...

what is this the 9th update? And the 1st that I did not have a problem, tthats my issue! Lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You don't really understand much of anything about all of this, do you?

Many of the patches are simply enabling things that the Palm programmers put in, the REMed out. They probably removed them because they weren't through testing yet.

Most of the other patches are simple modifications of something that the Palm programmers did. Again, Palm has not put these things through proper testing, but make no mistake about it, it's based on Palm's work.

Statements that imply all they did was change the font on the clock are obtuse, I just don't know if it's deliberately so.
    I never said "all they did", nor did I imply it. I didn't imply anything. I straight up said they aren't fixing little stuff which needs to be fixed before wasting time changing the font of my clock or moving the 911 button.

Your lack of reading comprehension is embarassing for yourself, I just don't know if it's deliberate or not.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i've got a question.. I recently just jumped in here @ 1.3.1 (new pre user since black friday), i've downloaded about 40 or so patches. and it took me a minute to get up the nerve and time to get on to the homebrew scene. can i hold off on this update for as long as i deem necesarry, or am i going to be forced to do all this work all over again too soon? aside from it totally powering off on its own from time to time or if i close my slider too hard,i think my pre works great the way it is.
    please advise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    BTW since the initial load of all those images on the phone screen, it is much more snappy, my phone is faster than an iphone in browsing pages of apps now.
    I might have missed something: what do you mean by "initial load of all those images..."? Because my Pre is dog-slow so far since updating. And when I say "dog-slow," I mean really slow dog-slow, like a Basset Hound.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Browser and calendar are definitely faster.

Roam patches seem to be broken. I have installed "Add Roam control to prefs" and "Roam only in device menu". I tried to select roam only and now I have an "x" through the signal bars and no voice service. I removed the patches and reset the phone to get service back. Anybody able to get roaming patches to work?

I had one spontaneous reboot from the browser when extending the keyboard.

My video icon was missing...It has been replaced with a dotted outline. Reboot seemed to fix this.
    you can also set your default contacts to sync with google now as default instead of your palm profile... i think that is new... when you go to contacts and then preference... so you can't lose ur contacts now... i think... correct me if i'm wrong...

you can also fwd contacts via mms, car kit, and email
    Last edited by Neva Eva Forget 1984; 12/28/2009 at 11:21 PM.
    Yeah all my patches are installing fine, etc. so I can't say anything is 'broken'.

Although my phone seems to go into an updating loop when trying to update PRL or Network Settings via the Phone > Preferences screen.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I might have missed something: what do you mean by "initial load of all those images..."? Because my Pre is dog-slow so far since updating. And when I say "dog-slow," I mean really slow dog-slow, like a Basset Hound.
    A big thread merge, but upon loading the update i was getting phone calls behind luna during the reboots. when I got Luna up I took to the phone, it was dog slow loading the phone app, just a green screen with numbers and it took a long time to load the texturing for all the numbers, voicemail button, call log button etc.

Since that point, it is loading instantly, in fact all apps are loading quickly now. Browsing is faster on wifi too. I can't really compare off wifi as I just have 1x which is not adequate to note.
    Edit: When I am on the "home" screen with nothing open, if I start to type a word, lets say I want to type "Deb" - the name of one of my contacts. I hit the "D" key and a 4 appears in the search bar, but it acts as if it were a D (bringing up Date & Time, Device Info, Doc View, and DrPodder), then I hit "E" and in the search box, it says "41" but acts as if it is De because now only Device infor and the contact info for Deb appears. I know the orange button is NOT in use at this time, and is not locked into black-square mode...
    My phone did this with the last up date. Nothing new...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vargmatik15 View Post
    i've got a question.. I recently just jumped in here @ 1.3.1 (new pre user since black friday), i've downloaded about 40 or so patches. and it took me a minute to get up the nerve and time to get on to the homebrew scene. can i hold off on this update for as long as i deem necesarry, or am i going to be forced to do all this work all over again too soon? aside from it totally powering off on its own from time to time or if i close my slider too hard,i think my pre works great the way it is.
    please advise...
    if your pre powers off from closing your slider take it back for a new one, this is a known issue and you should be able to get a replacement or a fix with no problem.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Anyone notice that if someone text you while ur phone is booting up you get a notification tone?
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobshandel View Post
    im on vacation stuck in a 1x zone for about the next week is there anyway i can download this update?
    Wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I do think that signs are pointing to something related to the GPU (given the OpenGL libraries that were added in 1.3.5). Given the really poor performance that I'm experiencing so far with 1.3.5 (even worse than 1.3.1), I'd certainly welcome the addition of, say, CSS 3D support to speed things up.
    I'm pinning my hopes on a release or at least preview of GPU-accelerated Flash on the Pre. That would be a blockbuster announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by marsknight View Post
    Edit: When I am on the "home" screen with nothing open, if I start to type a word, lets say I want to type "Deb" - the name of one of my contacts. I hit the "D" key and a 4 appears in the search bar, but it acts as if it were a D (bringing up Date & Time, Device Info, Doc View, and DrPodder), then I hit "E" and in the search box, it says "41" but acts as if it is De because now only Device infor and the contact info for Deb appears. I know the orange button is NOT in use at this time, and is not locked into black-square mode...

Its displaying 41 but the system sees it at "de". When I complete the word "deb" it changes the 41 into de and it says deb. This is an extremely odd "bug" that I noticed but that was not there under the previous version. Also, if you hit the orange key and type "d" it appears, (as previously) as a 4 but it does NOT treat it as a d and it pulls up nothing on the search.
    Hope that makes sense... anyone else having this issue?
    That's not a bug it's by design. Start typing a name that doesn't have an orange button on the letter and you'll see that it doesn't put any numbers. It does this so you have the option of dialing a number using the keypad from the home screen.