Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre1 View Post
    i really wonder why ruby referred to 1.3.5 being highlighted at CES, the only thing i can think is app catalog coming out of beta and the ground work for GPU. i know these are important things for palm moving forward but i really hope they have something up their sleeve
    Maybe this will help. Forget he ever said 1.3.5. Instead, substitute "a future update that I don't want to drop any other clues about".
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    so thats it? nothing huge then?
    Quote Originally Posted by boobo0 View Post
    Reading the previous 14 pages makes me think this one might be worth skipping . Not sure about others, but changing color schemes isn't going to cut it.
    You read 14 pages about the updates, and all you got out of it was "color changes"?? Wow.

I'll agree with you on one thing, you probably should skip the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    Having issues downloading apps via the app catalog. Anyone else getting this error? Yfrog - naf - Uploaded by en0x
    getting exactly that, 3 reboots all do it, new install or update, if from app catalog. Homebrew is fine.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Is anyones notification light working? Mine is !!!
    Edit: When I am on the "home" screen with nothing open, if I start to type a word, lets say I want to type "Deb" - the name of one of my contacts. I hit the "D" key and a 4 appears in the search bar, but it acts as if it were a D (bringing up Date & Time, Device Info, Doc View, and DrPodder), then I hit "E" and in the search box, it says "41" but acts as if it is De because now only Device infor and the contact info for Deb appears. I know the orange button is NOT in use at this time, and is not locked into black-square mode...

Its displaying 41 but the system sees it at "de". When I complete the word "deb" it changes the 41 into de and it says deb. This is an extremely odd "bug" that I noticed but that was not there under the previous version. Also, if you hit the orange key and type "d" it appears, (as previously) as a 4 but it does NOT treat it as a d and it pulls up nothing on the search.
    Hope that makes sense... anyone else having this issue?
    Last edited by marsknight; 12/28/2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: added content
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Same here also cant install from eclipse anymore and unable to use WebOs Quickinstall
    I can't get any emails. A notification keeps popping up telling me to please re-enter my password. When I do it says username or password is incorrect. I know its right because I could login from my computer. I tried deleting the account and putting it back onbut it doees not fix the problem. Anybody with the same issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Yeah, i understand that. And that's my point. If programmers who don't work for palm can code this stuff up that easily, why doesn't palm do it. Spend time on this kind of stuff and not on changing the font of my clock.
    You don't really understand much of anything about all of this, do you?

Many of the patches are simply enabling things that the Palm programmers put in, the REMed out. They probably removed them because they weren't through testing yet.

Most of the other patches are simple modifications of something that the Palm programmers did. Again, Palm has not put these things through proper testing, but make no mistake about it, it's based on Palm's work.

Statements that imply all they did was change the font on the clock are obtuse, I just don't know if it's deliberately so.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    My issue so far is contacts. Search seems to be very fast but select a contact and it takes 4-5 secs before info shows up. Scrolling through contacts is very sloooooow. There is 1-2 lag before Pre catches up to my scrolling.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    The increase in speed in the calendar is pretty eye-opening, that is for sure. Email is is much snappier also. If this update fixes my missing calendar reminders I will be very happy.
    It looks like my calendar reminders are working again. I'm not sure if it was because of the full erase or because of 1.3.5 but I am definitely happy now!

One question remains... if the stability and memory management of 1.3.1 (or lack of I should say) has been fixed.
    the time is shown now, when you press the lock/power button and the phone is locked... the app catalog has the "beta" tag removed and it looks a lot brighter, the background is changed maybe...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Maybe this will help. Forget he ever said 1.3.5. Instead, substitute "a future update that I don't want to drop any other clues about".
    I thought so & i like it. Sounds like some NDA goodness.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Sooo annoyed. I have my phone plugged in and charging, it just finished and now I get a message saying that my battery must be at least "30% full before you install the update."

I'm going to go have a smoke now.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Most everything seems quicker for me all around, with the notable execption of the stutter scroll in the call log. I'm not seeing any lag when opening apps or other signs of a greater lag anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    I have a stupid 911 button that I've accidently called 911 on several times
    Is this something regional? I don't have a 911 button. Never have.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You read 14 pages about the updates, and all you got out of it was "color changes"?? Wow.

I'll agree with you on one thing, you probably should skip the update.
    I'm sorry for not giving you more detail, I was being sarcastic(apologies if that's not allowed here). If you'd like me to be more specific, let me know. Good god......

Also notice other posts you've got very defensive in, do you work for Palm?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by utey View Post
    My issue so far is contacts. Search seems to be very fast but select a contact and it takes 4-5 secs before info shows up. Scrolling through contacts is very sloooooow. There is 1-2 lag before Pre catches up to my scrolling.
    Maybe because I only have about 100 contacts, I don't see any of this lag.The list scrolls smoothly from top to bottom and contacts open up immediately
    Quote Originally Posted by boobo0 View Post
    I'm sorry for not giving you more detail, I was being sarcastic(apologies if that's not allowed here). If you'd like me to be more specific, let me know. Good god......

Also notice other posts you've got very defensive in, do you work for Palm?
    you continue making useless posts, update or not, but stop complaining.

BTW since the initial load of all those images on the phone screen, it is much more snappy, my phone is faster than an iphone in browsing pages of apps now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ftspyder View Post
    so thats it? nothing huge then?
    damn son, read up....