Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Text conversations had prior to update that included pictures are screwed up. The pictures are showing up as a greyed out question mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobshandel View Post
    im on vacation stuck in a 1x zone for about the next week is there anyway i can download this update?
    Not really... until they release the webOS doctor for 1.3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobshandel View Post
    im on vacation stuck in a 1x zone for about the next week is there anyway i can download this update?
    You can download via WiFi if you can find a spot.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    Text conversations had prior to update that included pictures are screwed up. The pictures are showing up as a greyed out question mark.
    Luckily mine shows ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by xstaticxgpx View Post
    same here, if i use terminal/ssh to set scaling_setfreq to 550000, it works - but if i put it in a /etc/event.d/ script it wont
    Must be powerd or Luna... when I restart Luna it gets reset to 500. If I manually set after restart/boot then stays at 600.
    Live free or DIE!
    Really palm? This is yet another worthless update. I have a stupid 911 button that I've accidently called 911 on several times, I can't see what time it is with a pin lock and the phone on the charger without unlocking the phone, I can't view my email in landscape mode, my LED doesn't flash when I have a new msg, etc etc etc.

Yet in another worthless update you've found time for your programmers to redo the font of the time, (which I can't even see when the phone is pin locked on a charger) put a progress bar on the install logo, and move the 911 button but not give me the option to remove it. Brilliant...
    I was wondering the same thing. Let's hope for an announcement of 2.0 with Flash and GPU support. A few demos of new games would be nice as proof points for GPU.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Really palm? This is yet another worthless update. I have a stupid 911 button that I've accidently called 911 on several times, I can't see what time it is with a pin lock and the phone on the charger without unlocking the phone, I can't view my email in landscape mode, my LED doesn't flash when I have a new msg, etc etc etc.

Yet in another worthless update you've found time for your programmers to redo the font of the time, (which I can't even see when the phone is pin locked on a charger) put a progress bar on the install logo, and move the 911 button but not give me the option to remove it. Brilliant...
    Most of those things you mention are patches. The LED is a patch. It is not automatic for the pre. Will need to reinstall preware and all the patches again.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra2010 View Post
    Wow this thing is really fast. The net is also faster. I do not understand how they did it but it is a lot faster. I tested several times and pages just pop up as if I were on a cable line. Tested it against an Iphone 3gs for net surfing. The 3gs did not even come close with wifi or via the respective carriers net access. Before the 3gs was faster when it came down to carrier net access but not anymore. It is not even a challenge. What did they do. What was changed. I could never do this in the past but now I have done the test back to back on different web pages (image full and text full web pages. They both load a lot faster on the pre)
    this is the one thing i have always noticed about the pre with exception to 1.3.1. it has always been faster than the iphone especially on evdo but i realize this has something to do with your service area but i give props to sprint, they have always been more reliable and quicker than at&t, at least in phoenix and any other major city i have visited.
    911 button? I do not have a 911 button. Use gdial it is much easier.
    DL'd and installed... Checking the patches.
    If you go into the call app, then go to preferences and try to update the PRL or Network Settings...

It seems to just constantly loop. It says settings updated, refreshes, and then does it again and again. Is this normal?
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    same issue with me!
    Flash and GPU access

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I can't download anything from the app catalog. Not even talking about updating. I go to re-download an app I bought before that is no longer on my phone and it says reboot required (install failed) then I get back in after a luna restart and it shows the icon with an exclamation mark on top that says the install failed. I have plenty of free space in var. Any solutions or ideas??
    What I had to do is do a manual backup, Then backup everything on the USB drive that you want to keep. Then do a "Full Erase" then it worked perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Especially the calendar, damn. It goes from practically unusable, to almost perfect in this update.
    Careful now, you're going to rain on some "I hate the pre because" parades...
    MyTether USB is working on 1.3.5

Just FYI.

I do not use wifi anymore since 1.3.1 borked it.
    Update Network Settings works for me but I had to enable Data Usage. Having problems updating PRL though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Yeah, i understand that. And that's my point. If programmers who don't work for palm can code this stuff up that easily, why doesn't palm do it. Spend time on this kind of stuff and not on changing the font of my clock.
    It does not take that long to reload the patches. Max 15 minutes if you remember which patches you installed.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra2010 View Post
    It does not take that long to reload the patches. Max 15 minutes if you remember which patches you installed.
    Yep I keep a list. =)

Mine is unpacking now, looking forward to seeing some "zip" as many have said.