Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    ...is anyone else getting a "USB Device Not Recognized" error when they plug their Pre into their computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by KellanC View Post
    Mine is still cycling between the "Installing Update" screen, and resetting. (Where the glowing Palm logo shows up). Was thinking it might be stuck... but has everyone been seeing this behavior during the install cycle for this update?
    I'd not worry yet, mine just did the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    try updating feeds or just turn that feed off in the top menu and then update feeds
    Thanks a lot. That did it. I removed prethemer from the list. Now downloading. Thanks.
    I'm trying to plug my phone into the computer and it says its charging but nothing comes up asking what mode I would like to put it in. Therefore, I'm not able to get into WebOS Quick Install. Also, I tried downloading a new app and it failed. It says Restart Required. System adjustments must be made before installation can continue. I've restarted my phone 4 times now and nothing has happened. Any ideas?
    downloading now!.... really slow though !
    Looks like there is an outer white total progress circle, according to it I am about 75% done now, this update is taking longer than the last one, but if it fixes all the bugs, I won't complain.
    Mine has been updating for over an hour now... wow...
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianfern92 View Post
    I'm trying to plug my phone into the computer and it says its charging but nothing comes up asking what mode I would like to put it in. Therefore, I'm not able to get into WebOS Quick Install. Also, I tried downloading a new app and it failed. It says Restart Required. System adjustments must be made before installation can continue. I've restarted my phone 4 times now and nothing has happened. Any ideas?
    No icon in the notification area that you can click to change modes?
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Mine has been updating for over an hour now... wow...
    mine took about 15 mins exactly
    Downloading/Unpacking 27 minutes (using WiFi)
    Installing/Updating System 24 minutes

Now I have to find that iphone tweek!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    No icon in the notification area that you can click to change modes?
    Nope, just the battery in the top right corner with the lightning bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    Looks like there is an outer white total progress circle, according to it I am about 75% done now, this update is taking longer than the last one, but if it fixes all the bugs, I won't complain.
    Mine has updated/restarted twice since the initial install with the progress indicator.

Hopefully this last restart is the last...

Edit: Now getting an updating the system screen with progress indicator.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I really like the "progress circle" around the Palm circle. ENTERTAINING!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    maybe plug phone into charger might fix that , but im not sure
    It was on the touchstone while updating. Plugging it into my pc did nothing. I just ran the webos doctor. I got a warning at the end of the webos doctor that it couldn't reset my phone. So I pulled the battery and now it's restarting. Hopefully it boots up or else I'm running to Sprint to get a replacement. This will be one of my first firmware updates that has botched any of my devices, and I've even done firmware updates on video cards.

Update: Well WebOS Doctor appears to have saved my phone time to resync my account and attempt to run the update again.

Second Update: Spoke to soon. I'll run webos one more time then head to the sprint store.
    Mine is starting Luna now, 18 min 45 sec from the point I clicked install now.
    Probably 19.5 for totally back up, because luna is still so stinkin slow did not expect a fix here.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Mine has updated/restarted twice since the initial install with the progress indicator.

Hopefully this last restart is the last...

Edit: Now getting an updating the system screen with progress indicator.
    noooo! you are right, Mine is restarting many times now, I thought Luna was coming up, right as it should have it rebooted again.
    did it again as I am posting here.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    pretty cool, when downloading multiple apps if you open the launcher u can see them downloading in the back ground as ghosted icons with a progress indicator
    of note, it updates the windows USB drivers, at least on win7, it keeps coming up on each reboot saying device found/ready, and updated the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    noooo! you are right, Mine is restarting many times now, I thought Luna was coming up, right as it should have it rebooted again.
    did it again as I am posting here.
    3rd time was a charm... Update complete after about 70 minutes...
    Mine is up now, I was getting phone calls during the updates, and it was actually ringing and giving missed call alerts while the palm screen was there, without luna, very weird.

All up now, about 25 min.